IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A very funny incident with Prophet Moses  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A very funny incident with Prophet Moses

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulqarnain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A very funny incident with Prophet Moses
    Posted: 12 June 2006 at 5:16am
I read a very funny incident in the Hadith of Sahih Bukhari.
Volume 4, Book 55, Number 619:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Angel of Death was sent to Moses when he came to Moses, Moses slapped him on the eye. The angel returned to his Lord and said, "You have sent me to a Slave who does not want to die." Allah said, "Return to him and tell him to put his hand on the back of an ox and for every hair that will come under it, he will be granted one year of life." Moses said, "O Lord! What will happen after that?" Allah replied, "Then death." Moses said, "Let it come now." Moses then requested Allah to let him die close to the Sacred Land so much so that he would be at a distance of a stone's throw from it." Abu Huraira added, "Allah's Apostle said, 'If I were there, I would show you his grave below the red sand hill on the
And We have not sent you(O Muhammad!) but as a mercy to the worlds. (Al-Quran 21: 107)
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 7:55am

yes, i have read this incident in a book called Stories of the Prophets by Ibn Kathir.

i found that a little funny

what i found more funny is the incident in which an Egyptian man was quarelling with another man, so Prophet Moses (pbuh) used his fist and smacked the Egyptian man on his face and the Egyptian man died on the spot. masha Allah Prophet Moses (pbuh) was very strong . later Prophet Moses (pbuh) repented to Allah for this act and Allah forgave Prophet Moses (pbuh) for his repentance.

Edited by salman_s
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 8:46am

Ok!, If you guys enjoy that, here is something from direct from Qur'aan: V37-38

"We told Noah that there will be no more believers from his people except those who did and don't worry about what they do. Build the boat in front of Us as told and don't talk about those cruel people who would surely drown.

And Noah started building the boat and everytime the chiefs of his people passed by, they laughed at him. Noah told them,'You laugh at us but in fact we are laughing at you, the same way.' "

Note: They saw Noah building a boat on dry lands where there was no sign of any water, river or lake. The people naturally laughed and mocked at him making fun of him. Noah knew what was coming up and in his heart he was laughing at them as they did not believe and made fun of him.

zulqarnain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulqarnain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 4:19am
Well, I shouldn't be misunderstood, but I respect all the Prophets equally. I found the characteristic of this act funny, Moses slapping the Angel of Death in the eye. I mean Prophet Moses had a very curious personality too.
And We have not sent you(O Muhammad!) but as a mercy to the worlds. (Al-Quran 21: 107)
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulqarnain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 4:23am
brother bmz
your example was serious about the ark. This was just one of the minor funny acts of Prophet Moses on his part, apart from pulling the Pharoah's beard when he was a child.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2006 at 6:52am
I thought there were several funny scenes in Bukhari, showing the Prophet Muhummad as a very witty individual.  I wish I had made a not of them - I have tried to search several times and can't find them anymore.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulqarnain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2006 at 9:34am
DavidC, I don't think there is anything
rong with the personalities of the Prophets, after all they were human beings- they weren't solemn-faced teachers! I think, a person without any interesting carachter is a really dull person.
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 3:16am

Hi Zulqarnain,

Yes, I understand that.  How did the exams go? I hope you pass with flying colours. Best wishes.

Edited by bmzsp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic