IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Kaaba  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Kaaba

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B.H. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Kaaba
    Posted: 11 June 2006 at 8:39pm

When a Muslim makes his or her journey to Mecca and they see the Kaaba, are they allowed to go inside it?  Has anyone ever taken pictures of the inside of the Kaaba?

Edited by B.H.
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2006 at 4:30am

muslims do get the opportunity to go inside the kaaba when it is opened twice in a year one has to be very lucky, there is such a rush that the luckiest gets the chance

its such a rush that it is difficult to balance the body

so no question of carrying a camera

Edited by salman_s
winjoy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winjoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 3:15am
what's Kaaba ? sorry for my little knowledge.
DigitalStorm82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2006 at 11:41pm
Kaaba is a house built by Abraham in Mecca, Saudia Arabia.  That is where muslims must go to make a pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime.  Here is a link to learn more about Kaaba.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaaba
Ma'Salama,
Hamid
winjoy View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winjoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 7:58am

DigitalStorm82

the link is very helpful...thanks a lot.

DigitalStorm82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2006 at 4:55pm
your welcome...
Ma'Salama,
Hamid
Knowledge01 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knowledge01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 7:13am
Originally posted by B.H. B.H. wrote:

When a Muslim makes his or her�journey to Mecca and they see the Kaaba, are they allowed to go inside it?� Has anyone ever taken pictures of the inside of the Kaaba?

During the Hajj the Kabah is closed because of the huge amount of people. But if you stay a few days after or go a few days before Hajj time, you should be able to go inside the Kabah. Many people make umrah at all different times of the year and are able to go inside of it.

Alhamdulillah.
PsychoElixir View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PsychoElixir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2006 at 5:08pm

Assalamu Alaikum,

there is an account when a man (please forgive me i forgot his name)came to visit the prophet sallahu 'alaiyhi wa sallam during hajj and he found him weeping..and when the man asked the Prophet sallahu 'alaiyhi wa sallam "what happened?"..the Prophet sallahu 'alaiyhi wa sallam said "i have done a thing...i entered the ka'bah when i was not ordered to do so, and one of my people (from years to come) will feel horrible when he wants to enter the ka'bah and he will not be allowed to do so"

Entering the Ka'bah is not a requirement for muslims but a muslim is allowed to enter it...also when a muslim is inside the ka'bah he is allowed to pray in any direction he feels like...but if your outside then you have to pray towards the ka'bah

salaam

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic