IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Way to Paradise is Very Hard  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Way to Paradise is Very Hard

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Way to Paradise is Very Hard
    Posted: 10 June 2006 at 6:23am

The Way to Paradise is Very Hard

Dr. `Umar Al-Ashqar

The Final Day � Paradise and Hell In the Light of the Quran and Sunnah

� 1999 IIPH, Riyadh

Paradise is very high, and ascending to lofty places takes a great deal of effort. The way to Paradise is filled with things that go against human wishes and inclinations. This needs strong determination and willpower. In a hadith narrated by Bukhari and Muslim from Abu Hurayrah, the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu alaihi wa sallam, said: "Hell has been veiled with desires, and Paradise has been veiled with hardships."

The version recorded by Muslim says "surrounded" instead of "veiled." [Jami al-Usul, 10/521, no. 8069]

An-Nisa�i, Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud report from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allah, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam said:

"When Allah created Paradise, He told Jibril, �Go and look at it.� So he went and looked at it, then he came back and said: �By Your Glory, no one will hear of it but he will enter it." So He surrounded it with hardships and siad, �Go and look at it.� So he went and looked at it, then came back and said: �By Your Glory, I fear that noone will enter it." [Jami al-usul, 10/520, no. 8068. Tirmidhi said: It is a gharib sahih hasan hadith]

An-Nawawi commented on the first hadith:

"This is an example of the beautiful, eloquent and concise speech of which the Prophet, sallallahu `alaihi wa sallam, was capable, in which he gives a beautiful analogy. It means that nothing will help you to reach Paradise except going through hardships, and nothing will lead you to Hell but whims and desires. Both are veiled as described, and whoever tears down the veil will reach what was hidden behind it. The veil of Paradise is torn down by going through hardships, and the veil of Hell is torn down by giving in to whims and desires. Hardship includes striving consistently and patiently in worship, restraining one�s anger, forgiving, being patient, giving in charity, being kind to those who mistreat you, resisting physical desires, etc." [Sharh an-Nawawi `ala Muslim, 17/165]

schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 11:28am
is it? you say the shahadah and that's it. all who believes in this will be let into paradise, i heard. but in different parts of paradise according to their level of faith, and to their good/bad deeds.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 11:37am
The most easy way is to become a suicide bomber for hamas
schwester View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 5:06pm
oh i would say it's like the hardest way, but into hell.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by schwester schwester wrote:

oh i would say it's like the hardest way, but into hell.

yep and the best thing is you can meet famous historical figures like Hitler & Stalin. now who wants to miss that!

one way first class trip (sorry no rainchecks)
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 5:31pm

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Are they (hamas)  holding 40 virgins for you there bro?

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Maryah Maryah wrote:

[PAre they (hamas) holding 40 virgins for you there bro?

they can keep their virgins...I think God has something else for them in store.

but lets get back to the topic.

I heard that who ever beleive in Allah & prophet will go to heaven, some say only God can decide it.

I am confused! who's right!?
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2006 at 11:21pm

Allah forgives whom He wills and Allah punishes whom He wills

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic