IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - face covers  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

face covers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 5:31am

Originally posted by schwester schwester wrote:

yeaa, it's not possible to refuse wearing like this. and even if one does refuse, i guess there is the only reason - she is not muslim. no other reasons

is there any site showing how to do different styles with scarves/etc?

Bismillah,

Moderators, are you going to allow her to get by saying that me and my Muslim sisters who don't wear hijab are not Muslim? 

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 5:33am
Originally posted by birizbiz birizbiz wrote:

...anyway what about these covers?

and more...

http://www.biriz.biz/tesettur/tekbir/index.htm

Bismillah,

In fact, these have been posted already, but you could repost them in  a new topic, Sister.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 5:34am

Originally posted by aishag88 aishag88 wrote:

ya allah, fight over everything...

Bismillah,

This is a discussion group.  This is not a fight, Sister. 

However, when shwester says that Sisters who don't wear scarves are not Muslim, that is an argument definitely.  Those are fighting words.  Allah, SWT, ihdeeha.  May Allah, SWT, guide her.

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 7:50am

birizbiz is advertising here, and that doesn't bother anyone. We just had a recent discussion about how many people are trying to make profit and sell things in the Masjid. The Imam said it is absouloutly Haram to sell anything in the Masjid, even a Quran. However the people on the Mousqe board continue to allow it. They even had someone who donated a huge amount on pepsi for the family night to be given out for free and the Masjid board people decided to sell it for a profit. The list of financial transgressions of my local masjid goes on and on. One guy who was managing the catering for family night was getting a cut of the food from the caterer and taking it home every friday.(about 200$ worth of food he was taking as a bribe for using that resturant.) Please , the point is you all are in total denial at what is going on in the Muslim community. While you are all worried about what women are doing and how they are covered, all kinds of mischif is going on that no one ever talks about. I have lost faith in the people that run my Masjid, and the Imam can do nothing or he will be fired. That is the kind of Muslims running the masjid. I could care less about a womans scarf or not, when the mousqe is squandering peoples money and trying to make profit in the Masjid. It really disgusts me that people make the point of a woman wearing a scarf or not makes her a good muslim. The guys running the masjid all have beards and wear their nice traditional clothing, thier wives wear scarves and they are crooks!!!

You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
birizbiz View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birizbiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 8:13am

Advertising... NEVER !!!

Only for Allah's sake....

www.biriz.biz

fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 9:44am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Originally posted by schwester schwester wrote:

yeaa, it's not possible to refuse wearing like this. and even if one does refuse, i guess there is the only reason - she is not muslim. no other reasons

is there any site showing how to do different styles with scarves/etc?

Bismillah,

Moderators, are you going to allow her to get by saying that me and my Muslim sisters who don't wear hijab are not Muslim? 

im sure she dint mean it, some times you say stuff in emotions and inshaAllah sis schwester will opologise

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 10:01am
Fatima said

"if we start caring bout what people think and how they going to react to us where is it going to take us, to hids our muslim identity?"

Mashallah. I needed to read that. Because, the last two days I have been mostly in my room. Why? Well, since there is company here. My Step-Brothers and their family's come over. Now I haft to wear my hejab around them because they are not my blood Brothers. My Aunt her Mother is a very strict Catholic. They have never seen me in my hejab and it still is uncomfortable being around my Step Brothers in my hejab because, well given what I have been through they don't understand the choice I have made. Enough about that. However, I was hiding. I am ashamed but I was embarrassed. Not embarrassed of why I wear it. I am embarrassed of the indifference. I will pray that ALLAH swt forgive me for that. I am going to come out of my room tonight when all comes over. Looks of may different emotions, come on with it. LOL

About the face covers. For the very brief time I lived in the middle east; I had 1 Sister In law who did not wear it. All others wanted to. I did not wear it in the City. Sometimes I wore it. Sometimes I didn't. My Ex-Husband always said it was my choice. But, I believe he wanted me to wear it all the time but wanted me to make the decision.
ZEA J View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZEA  J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2006 at 10:34pm
this forum is becoming more and more like a warzone and to be honest, i am geting really sick of it,why can't we all just get along and stop calling each other names.
"You will never attain piety and righteousness,(and eventually paradise)until you
spend of that which you love."(Al-Imran:92)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic