IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Satan’s Great Manipulation of Christians  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Satan’s Great Manipulation of Christians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

I beg to differ, Aquinian.

You wrote: ""Matthew 5:38 "You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[g] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person.""

Jesus himself is found in the NT, resisting all the evil persons through out his ministry.

From you:"Through his death, Christ becomes the paschal sacrifice, nullifying the former need for the passover rituals of sacrificing the unblemished lamb.  He "takes away" the need to perform the passover."

That is not what Jesus taught or did. Paul, who was not taught by any disciples and claims to have learnt all direct from Jesus in his own visions, did carry out the purification and sacrifices according to the Old Law. It is right here in ACTS 21:17 Paul's Arrival at Jerusalem:

Please read the entire 21:1 to 21:26 and mark this one:

26The next day Paul took the men and purified himself along with them. Then he went to the temple to give notice of the date when the days of purification would end and the offering would be made for each of them. 

All this after Jesus had gone? The Law stands. You see James and the elders got him to carry out the sacrifcial offering which Paul  did willingly without any excuse. It also means Jesus never told him to stop offerings.

I don't know how this glaring proof was left in ACTS! No one can take it out now!

The quote I offer from Matthew refers to Jesus' "turn the other cheek" message.  He was saying that you should not resist evil done to you by acting recriprocally; that is, when someone hits you, you do good to them instead of hitting them.

That flies in the face of hitting them back when they hit you, which is what Exodus tells us.  Therefore, Jesus did establish a new law separate from that of the Jews.

As for the passover, though the apostles and others may have still practiced their Jewish traditions, it is well understood in most christian theological circles that Jesus established a new tradition for a new church.  This is why he chose the passover for the Last Supper.  This is why he says "Do this in memory of me."  During one of the most important jewish traditions commanded by God, Christ says to remember him when we celebrate the eucharist.  He takes precedence over the passover.

I have trouble understanding why Muslims can accept anything Jesus says because, through his own words, he blasphemes teachings of Allah.  Rather than commemorate the passover with respect, Jesus turns all of the focus onto himself and his sacrifice.

Luke 22:14

When the hour came, Jesus and his apostles reclined at the table. 15And he said to them, "I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer. 16For I tell you, I will not eat it again until it finds fulfillment in the kingdom of God."

17After taking the cup, he gave thanks and said, "Take this and divide it among you. 18For I tell you I will not drink again of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes."

19And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me."

20In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you."

bmzp, this is irrefutable.  Christ made a new covenant in his blood.  The passover was a part of the old covenant.  The last supper establishes a new covenant with new laws written by Christ himself.

DavidC, sorry for being so argumentative.  I tend to stress the differences often and the similarities rarely.

Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 8:53pm
Salem all,

Salman said :Most of them prostrate to pictures and statues, and pray to them instead to Allah the Most High�

Most Christians....let me rephrase that because well for many reasons. Let me just stick with my Family's Church and the old Church I used to go to for now. Most Catholics will disagree to that there, which puzzles me because in my Catholic Family when they file into the church and when the other people of the congregation file in the church (Which means go in )they kneel (bend one knee) in front of the pue in which they will enter to eventually sit (The seat, bench) While looking up and doing Father, Son, Holy Spirit...Touch Forehead ,Touch heart, Touch one shoulder Touch other shoulder and while they are doing this kneeling, Father, Son and Holy Spirit and looking up what is on the wall? A Huge Cross with a Statue with what is supposed to be Jesus pbuh. Yet most will say 1 example "We are not praying or bowing to an object"
Yet, they are. What sadness me is most of the Christians will read this and get offended when I am just trying to show them how Satan is using the three example Salam listed in the beginning of this forum to draw them away from the truth while it is so obvious.

Oh, also I wanted to talk Little more about bowing by the pue (seat). I was thinking today even before I read this post about prostrating to ALLAH in Islam. How we bow completely to the ground with our forehead in complete submission. How we stand and then bend in complete submission. When we are offering Salat we sing our prayers in the original form of Arabic instead of speaking because our best voice is for ALLAH swt alone.

In a Catholic Church some prayers are sung too and in Latin, Bowing is sometimes but on the knees and in the pues, Sometimes Catholics are required periodically during the Mass to just stand in place while singing sometimes. The idea and in tension is their and good. But, offering praise not to GOD almighty alone creator of heaven and the earth. ALL this praise is being directed to a bronze skinny statue hanging in front of the Church. Yet, they are not offering praise only looking as they sing.?

What I am trying explain here but I feel that the job is not so good is, Sometimes for other people when you compare something familiar to what is not understood it often becomes obvious that maybe the gap is smaller then what they thought. What I am trying to do is make that connection to someone. I tried in the other forum on Idols. Maybe, Inshallah I can make someone think differently just even for a split second.
Okay folks let it pour....
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 9:54pm

Excellent, Suzanne.

I know that Catholics do not worship that statue of Jesus. But the questions you raised are absolutely correct. In a place, where God is being worshipped, there should not be any image or any graven image or a sculpture.

Hanging up Jesus on Cross before the eyes of all worshippers, may indicate worship of Jesus. I have always wondered who really is in the mind of Christians when they worship in the Church, Jesus or God Almighty?

When we pray and offer Salaat, only God Almighty is in our mind which shows what Jesus really wanted people to do, that is, constant devotion to God Almighty only and to worship and love God Almighty with all heart, all mind and all soul.

No one can serve two masters with the same amount of love and affection.

Could you please tell me from your own past experience, Suzzane? Who was it at that time when you were a Catholic Christian? God Almighty or Jesus? An answer would be highly appreciated.  I am going to ask this question in the 17th Storey study class.

Thanks for the insight & Best Regards

Salaam Alaikum

BMZ 

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 10:00pm
C'mon.  When you prostrate yourself at jummah is Satan working to get you to idolize the prayer leader? 

What about that black stone in the Ka'aba?  Do you pray to it 5X a day?

Really, Suzanne.  This is just silly.  Even the most Islamophobic Christians would not make that kind of reach.  Rituals and reminders are part of every successful religion.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2006 at 11:14pm
David,

When we do prostrate yeah Satan is working to get us. How? One example Making us think of other things in our daily lives while we are reciting prayers and not paying attention to what we are saying just spouting out. Sort of like when you do something so many times you can do it without thinking twice, no meaning. I want to stay on the idol example here for now I just wanted to answer you briefly.But, as far as when we prostrate our self at jummah (since you gave this example I will stick to it) we do not have a statue or picture in front of us as we are doing it. Why? All idols.
That is the point. 
Yes, you are right when we do Prostrate 5x a day (More for some if they want) we are directing toward the Ka'aba ; and No we do not pray to IT 5 times a day. The direction. Direction toward the east. Where all 3 Religions started. 

Yes, you are right every religion has rituals and reminders as you said. A part of every successful religion.  
The difference is YOU, ME, We do not know what JESUS pbuh looks like.Yet, most Christians when they pray have a picture (there are many choose one) in their minds from an image, statue, a card are a few examples ......while they are praying. Or facing a statue as a "Reminder" hanging in Church that is supposed to represent Jesus pbuh.
Please explain to me how this is not a form of worshiping idols? Because is it not an Image?

Salem Bmzsp,

You asked:Who was it at that time when you were a Catholic Christian? God Almighty or Jesus?

When I would pray I would have an outline of Jesus pbuh in my head and then pray to GOD. Because, I was taught back then that you pray to GOD thru Jesus pbuh. Because it was taught that Jesus was GOD in the living form. 
I hope inshallah the ones who are on this website trying to prove wrong will see the truth. Amen

The difference for me is not to say ah ha got ya! Or, along those lines of you are wrong, etc etc. I am truly wanting people to see what it is that drives them to worship what GOD almighty has created instead of GOD almighty himself which there are no images of be it statue or picture.

Thanks for your time.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 12:14am
Hi Suzanne,

I hope you appreciated the sarcasm in my post.  If you understand that Christians do not worship objects that is my only concern.  

Feel free to speculate on the metaphysical manipulations of Christians, satanic or otherwise.   I will try to clarify any notions that may leave an inaccurate picture of Christian belief, but it is against my principles to undermine anyone's faith in God, so I shall not counter in kind. 
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 12:18am

Oh, I wanted to mention something else or again just talk about it more. The three things I listed in my first post when I was taking about the three ways that Satan helps to devert from the truth was what Salman had listed:

He manipulated them with regards to Allah, the Exalted and Most High.
He manipulated them with regards to Jesus (peace be upon him).
He manipulated them with regards to the cross and the worship of it

Satan is not what is always shown as a cartoon or in moves....example:Red with horns and a long tail with a cape and pitch fork. Satan comes to us with our eyes,ears, thoughts, actions. How is that on the lines of someone who is Islamiphobic Christian? I am guessing you read and was along the lines of ...I am going to wing it just stay with me,,,, or try to anyways here goes ..."Satan, how obsurd I worship the 1 and only GOD how is Satan this and that"

When someone is praying to GOD the almighty and is thinking what they believe Jesus pbuh looks like....is in essance a form of worshiping and idol. It is okay to those who do this because it is all in a way of good and truth...praying etc...Right?

No ,it is not in a good way. Satan makes those ones feel that it is okay because Jesus pbuh was a Prophet of GOD and thinking of him is okay. Even though they  don't know what he looks like. It is still okay to them. Not a form of worshiping an image? The thoughts are from Satan, that is what I meant. 

Good night all

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 11:39am

Aquinian, very good post!

Here is another very important message which Jesus Himself spoke in John 6:48-68:

"I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the desert, but they died; this is the bread that comes down from heaven so that one may eat it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; whoever eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I will give is my flesh for the life of the world." The Jews quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us (his) flesh to eat?" Jesus said to them, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day."

Dear Suzanne,

I can't believe you were ever a Baptised Catholic.  There are FAR too many inaccuracies in your statements as to what Catholic, do, believe, and how we feel.  They are quite simply, INCORRECT.  We genuflect (remember that word) out of respect for Jesus whom we know is in the Tabernacle (remember).  We bless ourselves in respect and honor of the Holy Trinity.  We pray whatever we feel like praying when we enter the pew and kneel.  Some people look up at the Crucifix, others have their head bowed downward.  It's up to the person.  We DO NOT WORSHIP THE CRUCIFIX!!!!!!!!!  We look at it to remind us of the great suffering Jesus endured for the unworthy and wretch sinners such as me.  We rarely sing in Latin, although I wish we did more, because it is beautiful!  We sing in Latin at times because so many of the long dead saints wrote the songs in Latin back in the early centuries.  There is much, much more I want to say to you, my Dear Suzanne....but I have to run some errands.  I will be back.  It seems to me that from the way your write, someone has really done a number on you...gotten into your head.  I hate that!!!  I just cannot see you as Catholic.  If you really were at one time, I apologize....but you do NOT write like any former Catholic, and you are horribly inaccurate in far too many regards.

Peace to you always!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic