IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Satan’s Great Manipulation of Christians  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Satan’s Great Manipulation of Christians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Satan’s Great Manipulation of Christians
    Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:13am

Satan�s Great Manipulation of the Christians

Imam Ibn ul Qayyim al Jawziyyah

Ighatul-Lahfaan min Masaa`id al-Shaytan

Translalated by Islaam.com

It is obvious to anyone with reason that Satan has greatly manipulated these misled people (Christians). He called them and they responded to him; he befooled them and they obeyed him.

He manipulated them with regards to Allah, the Exalted and Most High.
He manipulated them with regards to Jesus (peace be upon him).
He manipulated them with regards to the cross and the worship of it.

He also manipulated them with regards to making pictures and statues in churches and then worshipping them, so you will not find one of their churches without the picture of Mary and Jesus, saints and other holy individuals and martyrs of theirs. Most of them prostrate to pictures and statues, and pray to them instead to Allah the Most High�

The typical example of what these polytheists are doing is like that of a servant of a king who entered upon a man, so the man jumped from his place, prostrated to the servant, worshipped him, and did to him what he was not supposed to do except to the king. Every rational person would consider him an ignorant and a fool because of what he did, since he did to the king�s servant what he was supposed to do only to the king, in terms of honoring, humbleness and humility.

It is well-known that what the servant did here is more likely to cause the king to hate him and look down upon him than to honor him and exalt his status.

This is the situation of one who prostrates to creation, or a picture of creation. This is because he resorted to prostration which is the greatest means of reaching the Lord�s pleasure. Such an action is not valid except for Allah, so there is no greater repulsiveness or injustice than doing it for a picture or statue of a servant and equalizing between Allah and His servant.

This is why Allah the Most High said, �Verily, shirk (polytheism, setting up partners with Allah) is a great injustice.� [Luqman: 33]

Allah the Most High has created his worshippers prone to recognize ugliness in expressing exaltation, glorification, sumbisiveness and humility towards king�s slaves and servants (as such actions are usually done for the king).

So what is the situation of the one who shows this type of reverence to king�s enemies? For Satan is the enemy of Allah, and the polytheist is in reality setting Satan, not Allah�s prophets and righteous servants� as a partner with Allah. For the prophets and righteous servants have nothing to do with those who set them as partners with Allah; they are against them and the strongest in hatred of all people towards them. The polytheists, therefore, are only setting up as partners with Allah His enemies, and equalizing between them and Allah in worship, exaltation, prostration and humility.

This is why the invalidity and ugliness of polytheism is recognized by sound innate nature and reason, and this type of ugliness is recognized more clearly than its other types.

The intent here was to mention Satan�s manipulation of these people in both the foundation and branches of their religion.

salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:23am

'The intent here was to mention Satan�s manipulation of these people in both the foundation and branches of their religion.'

Edited by salman_s
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 1:04pm

Satan manipulates everyone if you allow him to, salman.  Not only Christians.  He wants all our souls, not just Christian's.  Think about it.

Peace to you.

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
AnnieTwo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

Satan manipulates everyone if you all him to, salman.  Not only Christians.  He wants all our souls, not just Christian's.  Think about it.

Peace to you.

Dear Patty,

I see where the Catholic religion is being maligned from every front.  Stay strong, dear Patty.

May God be with you.

Annie
14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 4:53pm

Dear Annie,

Thanks for the advice....no need to worry though.  My heros died for the Church, I live to tell the Truth about the Church. 

Salman's posts stated:

"He also manipulated them with regards to making pictures and statues in churches and then worshipping them, so you will not find one of their churches without the picture of Mary and Jesus, saints and other holy individuals and martyrs of theirs. Most of them prostrate to pictures and statues, and pray to them instead to Allah the Most High� "

The Catholic Church has pictures and statues in the Churches so as to remind us of the Blessed Virgin, Jesus, and the saints, many of whom were martryd rather than deny their faith.  We do not worship the pictures at all.  And I have yet to see anyone, anywhere, prostrate themselves before the pictures and/or statues.  And if someone did, the parishioners would probably carry them out, thinking they were ill.  The only time I have seen someone prostrate themselves is during the Sacrament of Holy Orders, when the new priests are being ordained.  This is to show total obedience to Jesus Christ and the Church.  We genuflect (bend the right knee to the floor before entering the pew) because of the scripture which says, "at the name of Jesus every knee shall bend."  We do NOT pray to the pictures and statues.   To do that would be committing the sin of idolatry, which is a mortal (SOUL DAMNING) sin in the Catholic faith. It's right up there with murder, adultery, abortion, etc.

The author obviously has either never been in a Catholic Church, or is deliberately lying in an attempt to mislead and prejudice uninformed persons against the Holy Church.  Not nice!!

God's Peace.

Patty

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:08pm

Patty I agree with you.

The evil force or Satan is the great manipulator of mankind not just religiously but spiritually. He manipulates all human beings regardless of religion.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 5:14pm

Yes, Israfil.  It is so true and sad.  Satan is not particular at all about who's soul he "snatches".  I believe we can all agree on that one.

Peace,

Patty

Patty

salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 11:40pm
But regarding christianity, the christians have become astray as they have followed the footsteps of satan (as shown in the article)

Edited by salman_s
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic