IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Satan’s Great Manipulation of Christians  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Satan’s Great Manipulation of Christians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Satan’s Great Manipulation of Christians
    Posted: 18 June 2006 at 7:37pm
`Ameen
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 7:33pm

No problem, Israfil.....I only wanted to clarify this issue.

Peace to You!

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 7:30pm

Then forgive me for any inaccuracy on my behalf!

I do believe that Catholics do worship God in their own way of course!

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 4:37pm

Dear Israfil, you stated this:

"I see this as the symbolic gesture odf not feeling worthy enough to directly communicate with God and therefore on the behalf of the human they seek the saints."

No, that's not the way it is.  I pray to God all the time.  Do you know of the Our Father?  "Our Father, who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy name"....

We defininitely believe in praying to God and do it regularly.

Peace to you.

Patty

Aquinian View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 6:26am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

My dear Suzanne, you posted this:

"You submitted a painting of Mothers of the Sea or something."  Yes, a beautiful icon painting by my husband, the Maris Stella.

If you feel so strongly against artistic works and the sinfulness of appreciating their beauty, perhaps it is a form of idolatry to have the avatar posted at your name??  Are you worshipping that avatar in some way by showing it to the world?  Just a thought.

God's Peace. 

From what little I know, I believe that Muslim art has always utilized more designs and abstractions rather than modeling real life.  Faces are off limits, if I am correct.

I would be interested in knowing what type of art is allowable in Islam though.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 6:02am

My dear Suzanne, you posted this:

"You submitted a painting of Mothers of the Sea or something."  Yes, a beautiful icon painting by my husband, the Maris Stella.

If you feel so strongly against artistic works and the sinfulness of appreciating their beauty, perhaps it is a form of idolatry to have the avatar posted at your name??  Are you worshipping that avatar in some way by showing it to the world?  Just a thought.

God's Peace. 

Patty

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2006 at 3:16am
That was beautifully said, Israfil. Good post.
Srya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2006 at 10:09pm

Patty,

You are entitled to your opinion about me either by what you assume or your comments on what I posted or how you interpret what I post all is the same, an opinion. If it were someone else than you I maybe would counter or if the base of your post was not entirely an opinion of your view on me I would counter. The only reason why I have choose not to for you is based on this......from the thread that you started on Idols. Which I posted a couple times there. After all what I posted to you; You submitted a painting of Mothers of the Sea or something. Um, and that is all that I am going to say about that. But, Hemdeallah you are still here.

Bess.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic