IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - witr  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

witr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schwester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: witr
    Posted: 03 June 2006 at 7:35am
oh folk, i couldn't ask it where the task (pillars of islam) is found. so writing here about witr - the 3-rakat prayer which is performed with 5th prayer. so long time i didn't know that i've been reading this duah or what else wrongly

All�humma inn� nasta-'�nuka wa nas-taghfiruka wa nu�minu bika wa nuthn� alaykal khayr, wa nashkuruka wal� nakfuruka wanakhla'u wa nat-ruku may yafjuruk, All�humma�iyy�ka na'budu wa laka nusall� wa nasjudu wa ilayka nas-'� wa nahfidu wa naksh� 'adh�baka wa narj� rahmataka inn� 'adh�bak al-jidda bil-kuff�ri mul-hiq.

so should i now reperform those witrs again? i dunno for how long this mistake has been done, how much time should i perform it. thanks
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 8:18am

Bismillah,

I'm not sure what this says because it is hard to read.  But the salat is acceptable, according to the strictest interpretations, whatever dua you make.  The dua is extra, Sister.  The requirement is that you intend to make the salat, have woodoo, include the Fatiha, make the proper ruku -- and if you make a mistake and don't realize it, it still "counts".

Don't worry so much!  Make your salat, and may Allah bless you for it.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
liyala View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liyala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 2:59pm

the prayer is right... it is called Dua-E-Qunoot. Here are a couple other links to it online.

http://muslim-canada.org/elementary_2c.html#9wajib

http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/Dua/Qunoot.htm

wassalaam

liyal.a
Henna View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 10:42am
Salamalaikum,
actually i know these duas as little bit different.
In turkish these are longer i think.
Maybe you can not read duas which are above and in turkish pronunciation but you can see the difference i think...

"Allah�me inn� neste�n�ke ve nestağfiruke ve nestehd�ke ve n�'min� bike ve net�b� ileyke ve netevekkel� aleyke ve n�sn� aleyke'l hayra k�lleh� neşk�ruke ve la nekf�ruke ve nahleu ve netruk� men yefc�r�k.

Allah�mme iyyake na'b�d� ve leke nusall� ve nesc�d� ve ileyke nes'� ve nahfid� narc� rahmeteke ve nahs� azabeke, inne az�beke bi'lk�f�ri m�lhik "

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2006 at 4:14am

im also having difficulty memorising dua e qunoot. at the moment when i perform my witr i read " RABBANAA ATHINAA FIDUNYA HASNATHAN WA FIL AAKHIRATHI HAASAANTAN WAKHINAA AZHABAN NAAR"

i read in a certain book, dont recall the name that if u dont know dua e qunoot, then u can read the above. not sure if anyone else came across this

but im still trying to memorise dua e qunoot and Insha Allah i will soon read it by memory

i

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 12:42am

One should recite dua-e-qunoot in the last rakah of the witr in isha salah. However, as it has been said above, if one does not know this dua, it is alright to recite another dua after surah ikhlas. It is praiseworthy to always work on improving oneself in salah and other acts of worship, therefore keep up your good efforts of learning the dua.

May allah accept from you all your ikhlas and khushoo. ameen.

As for repeating the salah if there was any gross deficiency: If you have not taken care of the fard and wajib actions pertaining to your salah, it needs to be repeated. Witr is wajib. However, I am not sure if the conditions for acceptence of salah are exactly same in all madhab. Depending on your madhab, you may ask a scholar, if your salah needs to be repeated or not.

Edited by UmmTaaha
rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 12:47am

salaam

is it aq must that one has to read surah ikhlaas in witr. during the month of ramadan i used to go for tarawee. after tarawee was finished, the imam used to perform witr in jamaat. for the last rakaat of witr he used to always read surah fateha, followed by the 3 quls.

now u have mentioned that u can read another dua after surah ikhlaas.

so i need clarity on this issue.

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 7:17pm

Rookaiya:

It is alright to recite any other surah after the fatiha.

I follow the hanafi school of thought, where witr should be prayed as follows:

Quote It is best to recite the specific dua. Memorize it; its short. But until you do, you can recite any other dua.

The place for the qunut dua in witr is before the ruku in the Hanafi school. If you read it from a book, it will invalidate your prayer, so don�t do it.

It says in Heavenly Ornaments (Imam Ashraf Ali Tahanawi:

THE WITR PRAYER

1. Witr prayer is wajib. The status of wajib is very close to that of fard. To leave out a wajib is a major sin. If a wajib is missed out, one should make qada of it as soon as possible.

2. Witr prayer comprises of three rakaats. After offering two rakaats, one should sit down and read the at-tahiyyaat. The durood should not be read. Instead, one should immediately stand up after the at-tahiyyaat. One should then read the Surah Faatihah and another Surah. Thereafter, one should say Allahu Akbar and raise one�s hands upto one�s ears (and upto the shoulders if it is a woman). The hands should be clasped again, and thereafter, the dua-e-qunoot should be recited. Thereafter, he should go into ruku, complete the third rakaat, sit down for at-tahiyyaat,durood, and a dua and then make the salaam.

3. The dua-e-qunoot is as follows:

[the dua ie dua-e-qunoot]

4. After the Surah Faatihah, another Surah should also be recited in all the three rakaats of witr prayer as has been mentioned above.

5. If a person forgets to recite dua-e-qunoot in the third rakaat, and remembers it when he goes into ruku, he should not recite it now. Instead, he should make the forgetfulness prostration at the end of his prayer. If a person reads the dua-e-qunoot after standing up from ruku, even then his prayer will be valid, but it is preferable not to do so. In any case, it will still be wajib on him to make the forgetfulness prostration.

6. If a person forgetfully reads dua-e-qunoot in the first or second rakaat, this is not considered. He will still have to recite it in the third rakaat and also make the forgetfulness prostration.

7. If a person does not know the dua-e-qunoot, he should recite the following dua: [f: any short dua] �.. (end of quote)

Source: www.Sunnipath.com

I know that the hanafis pray witr differently than others, so if you follow any other school of thought, please do accordingly.

Edited by UmmTaaha
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic