IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Women (Sisters)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - witr  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

witr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2006 at 10:46pm

Umm Taaha

thanks for the response. i actually follow the Shaafi school of thought and we use the Tarateebus Salaat. i think Hanafis use the Taleemul Haqq as i have seen a few differences. when i was at the Hanafi musjid, each person performed witr separtely, after tarawee. but in the masjid where they follow shaafi way, the Imaam leads the witr prayer

UmmTaaha View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UmmTaaha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2006 at 8:01pm

Oh, in that case, you can go to sunnipath and search for "witr" under Q&A section for the Shafi� school. I hope you do get your answer.

rookaiya View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rookaiya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2006 at 2:11am

salaams

just found out that the dua for shaafi mazhab is "Allahumah Dinaa Feeman Hadayth, Wa afeena fiman afayth................' i dont know the rest but my hubby has recorded himself reading it n he says i must listen to it until i memorise it.

najamsahar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najamsahar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2006 at 2:38pm

This is the written version of the dua, with the english translation after each phrase. I had it and thought it will benefit everyone.

NS

------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------

Allahummah deeni Feeman Haddayt

Oh Allah guide me among those you have guided

Wa aafini feeman Aafayt

And pardon me with those you have pardoned

Wa Tawallani feeman tawallayt

And protect me/turn to me with mercy with/among those You have protected/turned on in mercy

Wa baarikli feema aatayt

And bless me in what You have given me

Wa qinee sharra ma qadh(z)ayt

And save (me) (from) the the evil of what you have decreed

Innaka Taqdh(z)ee wa la yuqdh(z)aa alaik

Indeen you decree and no one can decide against You

Innahu la Yazillu man walaik

Surely he is not humilitated whom You have turned towards in mercy

Wa la ya izzu man adayt

And no one is honored whom You have shown enmity

Tabaarakta rabbana Wa taa aalayt

Blessed are You, Our lord, and You are exalted/Sublime

AMEEN

Ayyoub Dou View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ayyoub Dou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 2:05am
Salam Alaikom
You can read Dua Qunoot for witr salat in Arabic, transliteration and english translation here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic