IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Iran will not bow to ’pressure’  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iran will not bow to ’pressure’

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iran will not bow to ’pressure’
    Posted: 02 June 2006 at 11:28pm
Iran will not bow to �pressure�
Reuters
Friday, June 02, 2006  22:37 IST

TEHRAN: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said on Friday that Iran will not abandon its right to peaceful nuclear energy despite Western pressure, the official IRNA news agency reported. 

�Pressure of some Western countries to force Iran to abandon its right (to nuclear technology) will not get a result,� IRNA quoted Ahmadinejad as saying.

Major world powers are preparing to deliver a pivotal proposal to Iran combining incentives to halt work that could produce nuclear weapons with a threat of UN Security Council action if it refuses.   

IRNA said Ahmadinejad made the remarks at a meeting with the visiting head of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference.   

�Our activities have been based on the International Atomic Energy Agency's regulations and we have had maximum cooperation with them and there is no sign or reason for us not to cooperate with the agency,� Ahmadinejad said.   

�Unfortunately, some countries which have nuclear arsenals and are not a signatory the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty... want to deprive us from our obvious right,� he said in an apparent reference to Israel.
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2006 at 11:31pm

Iran can't be coerced to abandon its rights: Ahmadinejad
AFP 

Saturday, June 03, 2006  10:50 IST

VIENNA: Iran will not give up its nuclear rights, despite being given just "weeks" by world powers to suspend uranium enrichment or face the consequences, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said.

"Pressure by certain Western countries aiming to make us abandon our nuclear rights will not show results," Ahmadinejad said on Friday, according to the official IRNA news agency.

He was responding to a joint initiative announced the previous day by the foreign ministers of the five permanent UN Security Council members, plus Germany, who offered Tehran a package of benefits if it suspends sensitive nuclear fuel work.

But the offer, issued after intense talks here, came conditioned with a threat of penalties, including UN sanctions, if Tehran refuses to suspend uranium enrichment and reprocessing.

US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said on Friday that Iran had only weeks to respond to the proposal of trade, security and technology incentives if Iran suspends uranium enrichment.

"There is no kind of ultimatum deadline, although I think we are talking about several weeks," said Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. The foreign minister also refused to be drawn on what measures might be taken if Iran refused the international community's proposals.

"At the moment we won't guess because such guesses pour oil on the fire of emotional discussions and give a reason for those who want to destroy the possibility of a negotiated resolution," he was quoted by the RIA-Novosti news agency as saying.

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 12:29am
Kahmeini rules Iran. 

Ahmadmeninjad is only a figurehead trying to establish a populist base of power.

I think a big part of the US diplomatic strategy is to keep this competition alive.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 2:12am

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Kahmeini rules Iran. 

Ahmadmeninjad is only a figurehead trying to establish a populist base of power.

I think a big part of the US diplomatic strategy is to keep this competition alive.

From where are you getting this Kahmeni?

He is totally out of picture.

Ahmadinejad rules Iran.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 4:33am

I find it funny that here in Australia the gov't is looking at nuclear energy as a cheap way for giving energy resources than coal. And here we have this issue with iran

If you're going to tell one country not to do it - for whatever reason - then you shouldn't really do it. I don't know. I know there are those that probably use it for negative purposes.

We should be looking at what happened in Chenoybl, they tried and they still have consequences after these years.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 5:33am
Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

Kahmeini rules Iran.� Ahmadmeninjad is only a figurehead trying to establish a populist base of power.I think a big part of the US diplomatic strategy is to keep this competition alive.
<!-- Signature -->From where are you getting this Kahmeni?

Ahmadinejad rules Iran.

�

If Iran is so "good", Then why dont you move there?
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 5:39am
Khameini rules Iran.  He is Leader, and as such exercises supreme religious and political power.

http://www.iranonline.com/iran/iran-info/Government/leadersh ip.html

Ahmadmeninjad is only the president.  Anything he proposes in his 4-8 years can be overruled by Khameini, who rules for life.

Ahmagmeninjad is essentially a manager, and the Ayatollahs will not put up with an accumulation of power by this secular office.  They are going to insist all real power be held by the theocracy.

Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 8:38am
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Originally posted by salman_s salman_s wrote:

Kahmeini rules Iran.  Ahmadmeninjad is only a figurehead trying to establish a populist base of power.I think a big part of the US diplomatic strategy is to keep this competition alive.
<!-- Signature -->From where are you getting this Kahmeni?

Ahmadinejad rules Iran.

If Iran is so "good", Then why dont you move there?

just because Iran is 'good' i will move there?

i feel that india is more good than iran, and i love my india very much.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic