IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Koran...Jesus is the Son...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKoran...Jesus is the Son...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Koran...Jesus is the Son...
    Posted: 27 May 2006 at 6:44pm

All,

How is it that Jesus is proclaimed as the Son, in the Muslim book of faith...?

Ya ahla alkitabi la taghloo fee deenikum wala taqooloo AAala Allahi illa alhaqqa innama almaseehu AAeesa ibnu maryama rasoolu Allahi wakalimatuhu alqaha ila maryama waroohun minhu faaminoo biAllahi warusulihi wala taqooloo thalathatun intahoo khayran lakum innama Allahu ilahun wahidun subhanahu an yakoona lahu waladun lahu ma fee alssamawati wama fee al-ardi wakafa biAllahi wakeelan

4.171 You The Book's family, certainly do not go beyond the limits in your faith, and certainly they say against �allah� except the truth, only the Messiah Jesus, Mary's son, a message; �allah� and his Word cast forth to her Mary, and Spirit from him; so believe on account of �allah�, and his messengers, and certainly they say: "Three." Refrain (it is) agreeable; certainly your only �allah�, one god glory be to him, that He has certainly been his child, truly his; what not in the heavens and not in the earth and He sufficed on account of �allah�, a witness.

The Biblical truth is right here in one ayah...

� Father
� Son
� Spirit

Pretty amazing...

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 7:28pm

That would be pretty amazing if it were a correct translation. Here are some more accurate translations of this Ayat:

An-Nisa (The Women) 
4:171 O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His apostles. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah. Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs. (Yusef Ali)

An-Nisa (The Women) 
4:171 O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three". Cease! (it is) better for you! Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His transcendent majesty that he should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender. (Picktall)

An-Nisa (The Women)
4:171 O FOLLOWERS of the Gospel! Do not overstep the bounds [of truth] in your religious beliefs, <>Asad(4,180) and do not say of God anything but the truth. The Christ Jesus, son of Mary, was but God's Apostle - [the fulfilment of] His promise which He had conveyed unto Mary - and a soul created by Him. <>Asad(4,181)   Believe, then, in God and His apostles, and do not say, "[God is] a trinity". Desist [from this assertion] for your own good. God is but One God; utterly remote is He, in His glory, from having a son: unto Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on earth; and none is as worthy of trust as God. (Asad)

God is instructing people that Jesus was just an Apostle, no more than a man, and to stop claiming that there is a Trinity because this is blasphemy. But rather to accept that there is only One God and He is enough for us.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Apple Pie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 7:43pm

Greetings Mishmish,

Don�t forget to mention these renderings�

"Progressive Muslims"

O people of the Scripture, do not overstep in your system, nor say about God except the truth. Jesus the son of Mary was no more than God's messenger and His word which He delivered to Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in God and His messengers, and do not say: "Three." Cease, for it is better for you. God is only One god, be He glorified that He should have a son! To Him is all that is in the heavens and what is in the earth. God is enough as a caretaker.   (4.171)

"Literal Koran, Mohamed Ahmed"

You The Book's people, do not exaggerate/exceed the limit in your religion, and do not say on (about) God except the truth , but the Messiah, Jesus, Mary's son (is) God's messenger and His word/expression He threw it away to Mary, and a Soul/Spirit  from Him; so believe with God, and His messengers, and do not say: "Three." Stop (it is) best for you, but God (is) one God, His praise/glory that to be for him a child; for Him what (is) in the skies/space and what (is) in the earth/Planet Earth, enough/sufficient with God (as a) guardian/protector. (4.171)

As you can see for yourself, these two translators were able to accurately understand that 4.171 is proclaiming that Jesus is the Son.

There can be no doubt�

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 10:35pm

Apple Pie:

I cannot express strongly enough that Islam does not teach that Jesus is the son of God.

Jesus is a beloved Prophet of God, nothing more. I don't know where you are getting these translations, but they are not correct.

To Muslims this is blasphemy of the highest order. Only worshipping Jesus as God is worse.

Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread)
5:116 And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus, the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Apple Pie View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Apple Pie:

I cannot express strongly enough that Islam does not teach that Jesus is the son of God.

Jesus is a beloved Prophet of God, nothing more. I don't know where you are getting these translations, but they are not correct.

To Muslims this is blasphemy of the highest order. Only worshipping Jesus as God is worse.

Al-Ma'idah (The Table Spread)
5:116 And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus, the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah.?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

We are discussing what the Koran states...not what islam states...

Do you follow the Koran...or Islam...?

As you can verify for yourself, the Arabic of 4.171 clearly and irrefutably states that Jesus is the Son.

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 10:43pm

Mishmish,

I am  very busy. Just hang on till I come back. I have to blend my spices well. Mishmish, do you happen to know what "Chilli Padi" is?

Stay tuned, you and Apple Pie.  

His Word is My territory!

Edited by bmzsp
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 10:52pm

Apple Pie:

The Arabic in the Quran for this Ayat does not translate to what you have written above.

Arabic is not my first language, so I got my husband, who is an Arab, to read and translate directly from the Quran. I did not tell him why or what I was looking for, just asked for an exact translation. I must state here that my husband has a degree in languages, speaking Arabic, French, and English.

The Quran clearly states, in Arabic that God is One and He has no son.

Once again, I don't know where you are getting this translation from, but it is not correct.

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2006 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Mishmish, do you happen to know what "Chilli Padi" is?

No, but it sounds yummy.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic