IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Reviews - Media > Radio, TV & Film
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Gujarat genocide, first accounts: video  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gujarat genocide, first accounts: video

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2006 at 5:54am
Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

India has only 13.4 % muslims as of 2005.

but still it is more than the the population of any other country.

yes it started when BJP started preaching hate against Muslims, they used train fire excuse to falme hindu mobs into attacking muslim villages.

In the end we all found out that train attack was a lie.

the terminology isn't right brother.  india is a secular country and there are nothing like 'muslim villages', 'hindu villages' etc.  people of various religions live everywhere in india.

and remember it happened only in some parts of gujarat and not everywhere in india.

dont worry about the bjp and the allies bro.  they are nowhere to be seen.

CBI is a federal investigative agency that handles cases of corruption and cases of interstate and other crimes of national importance. CBI inquiries are often demanded in cases where local or state investigations are perceived to be biased.

this explains it all.  just wait for the criminal trial of narendra modi in the court of justice.

p.s. this incident happened in 2002 and a lot has changed since then.  indians (both muslim and hindu) have forgotten the incident and are together just as they have always been.  and such things happen everywhere as insane people are everywhere.
this incident is just being blown out of proportion just to portray the counrty in a negative perspective.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 1:46pm
you win, your trophy awaits you.
liyala View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liyala Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 2:45pm

people who committed the attrocities were indians... many were locals... instigated mob mentality perhaps but it didn't come out of nowhere and certainly did not disappear.

so they are living in harmony again you say " indians (both muslim and hindu) have forgotten the incident and are together just as they have always been"

only fools forget history... history repeats itself... it was not a freak accident by one person against one other person... too many people were involved... too much hurt caused, lives destroyed, changed forever ... like the girl in that video said that memories (nightmares) are there and will remain forever.

liyal.a
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2006 at 4:48pm

Assalamu Alaikum,

An interesting part is that this film was made by Rakesh Sharma who also appears to be a Hindu. That shows that there are Hindus who totally disagree with violence. Act of hate and violence coming from tragic political environment doesn't do any good to anyone. That is the message that should be conveyed as much as we can. Only innocent people suffer and die, but those who caused such atrocities stay out of its consequences. I hope that real culprits of the heinous crime will be brought to book one day.

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
s666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 1:18am
Originally posted by liyala liyala wrote:

people who committed the attrocities were indians... many were locals... instigated mob mentality perhaps but it didn't come out of nowhere and certainly did not disappear.

so they are living in harmony again you say " indians (both muslim and hindu) have forgotten the incident and are together just as they have always been"

only fools forget history... history repeats itself... it was not a freak accident by one person against one other person... too many people were involved... too much hurt caused, lives destroyed, changed forever ... like the girl in that video said that memories (nightmares) are there and will remain forever.

obviously true that the peace may not last forever and its also true that  people will not fight forever.  two men never lived under the same roof without fighting even once.

you may term those hindus to be insane.  but you cannot call whole of the community so.  don't you know that indian president is a muslim?

the hardest truth you know not of is india has been denied entry into organisation the of islamic conference even though it has the second largest muslim population in the world.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 5:30am
Originally posted by s666 s666 wrote:

just wait for the criminal trial of narendra modi in the court of justice.

Yes, we are waiting.....

p.s. this incident happened in 2002 and a lot has changed since then.  indians (both muslim and hindu) have forgotten the incident and are together just as they have always been. 

Those who suffered, whose family members were raped and slaughtered and burnt alive, can NEVER forget it , my brother!! And it hasn't changed for those people who are still displaced from their homes. Do you think these people get any peaceful sleep at night? Try to put yourself in their place and tell me....

and such things happen everywhere as insane people are everywhere.
this incident is just being blown out of proportion just to portray the counrty in a negative perspective.

Blown out of proportion??????? I have no words to describe my disappointment!! These incidents are a blotch on the image of "secular" India. The people who are responsible for such violence should be severely punished. I am sorry but I feel you have no sympathy for those who suffered.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
s666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 8:06am
Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Those who suffered, whose family members were raped and slaughtered and burnt alive, can NEVER forget it , my brother!! And it hasn't changed for those people who are still displaced from their homes. Do you think these people get any peaceful sleep at night? Try to put yourself in their place and tell me....

dear sister, consider my case.  my relatives were burnt alive in kashmir.  my grand father was displaced from his home just because he was hindu.  i thought that muslims were barbarians until my father told that my great grand mother was a muslim and that chauvinists are from both communities.

you need not ask me to empathise them.  i have already suffered.  i have had my counselling for years together.

Originally posted by amah amah wrote:

Blown out of proportion??????? I have no words to describe my disappointment!! These incidents are a blotch on the image of "secular" India. The people who are responsible for such violence should be severely punished. I am sorry but I feel you have no sympathy for those who suffered.

if you are an indian you will know the situation which exists here.  my fellow muslims know how we treat them.

india has been secular and will remain secular.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 9:21am
Originally posted by s666 s666 wrote:

dear sister, consider my case.  my relatives were burnt alive in kashmir.  my grand father was displaced from his home just because he was hindu.  i thought that muslims were barbarians until my father told that my great grand mother was a muslim and that chauvinists are from both communities.

Dear brother, I am sorry if I have offended you. I am not against any community. I had a Hindu friend whose family was literally thrown out of Pakistan. I have no liking for those Muslims who did this to them. Yes , bad people are everywhere, they have no religion, they just have hate inside them.

Some of these bad people are responsible for what is happening in Kashmir... what happened it Gujrat. Its just that I get annoyed when the truth is "covered" up.

you need not ask me to empathise them.  i have already suffered.  i have had my counselling for years together.

May Allah protect you and your family. I guess then, you understand better than me what these people have gone through.

if you are an indian you will know the situation which exists here.  my fellow muslims know how we treat them.

india has been secular and will remain secular.
Insha Allah.
[/QUOTE]

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic