IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Trinity is a Pagan Doctrine.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Trinity is a Pagan Doctrine.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnnieTwo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 8:26am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

Patty, you've got such a sweet avatar that it makes me go soft and sweet!

You quoted: "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." (I John 5:7)"

Patty, this was how John explained. It was John's own view and own statement, not Christ's view. I do not find anything of this sort in the Bible, taught by Jesus himself.

Aren't you relying more on what men thought and what men said?

BMZ, you can rely on Jesus' words.  He spoke of the Father, said he was the son and said that he was the Messiah and also spoke of the Holy Spirit.  It really is very, very simple.  Theology is not so simple, but you don't need it to know that there is a Father, a Son and a Holy Spirit.  It is all there in the New Testament in Jesus' own words.

Annie
14If you are reproached for the name of Christ, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 1 Peter 4

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 8:35am

Dear BMZ,

Thank you for the kind remark.  You're very "sweet" yourself.

You stated this:

"Patty, this was how John explained. It was John's own view and own statement, not Christ's view. I do not find anything of this sort in the Bible, taught by Jesus himself.

Aren't you relying more on what men thought and what men said?"

Jesus loved John very, very much.  I believe (and I don't expect you to believe it) that John's words are inspired by God, so that less than intellectual persons such as myself, will be able to fully understand God's entire plan in our lives.  So, yes, I suppose I do rely on what Jesus' disciples and prophets revealed in holy scriptures which, to Catholics/Christians, are the inspired word of God.  (Isn't it true that Muhammed was a man....and don't you also believe his words?  Or am I mistaken?)

God's Peace and Blessings!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 9:39am

Patty,

"Jesus loved John very, very much.  I believe (and I don't expect you to believe it) that John's words are inspired by God, so that less than intellectual persons such as myself, will be able to fully understand God's entire plan in our lives."

I am happy for you but do you believe it was the same John who wrote John? In fact, if that were true, his gospel should have been the first and only one? Don't you think so? 

So, yes, I suppose I do rely on what Jesus' disciples and prophets revealed in holy scriptures which, to Catholics/Christians, are the inspired word of God.  (Isn't it true that Muhammed was a man....and don't you also believe his words?  Or am I mistaken?)

Yes, Muhammad was just a man, an ordinary man and I believe in the words that were revealed to him which he recited to people but of course he did not write anything under inspiration.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2006 at 12:50pm

BMZ said:

"Yes, Muhammad was just a man, an ordinary man and I believe in the words that were revealed to him which he recited to people but of course he did not write anything under inspiration."

Okay, that's good.  Basically, it's the same thing.  I believe the words of the disciples and prophets, much as you believe the revelations of Muhammed.  Whether he physically wrote it himself, or had someone write it for him is of no consequence.  It was revealed to him and you believe it. 

The same goes for me regarding the disciples and apostles and prophets.  Much was revealed to them by God....and I believe it.  There, that's not so hard to understand, is it?

God's Peace.

Patty

mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2006 at 11:45pm

Assalaamu Alaikum:

An interesting quote from Exodus 20:

This was given to the prophet Moses (pbuh) by God:

from The New American Standard Bible 

Book of Exodus

The Ten Commandments

1 Then God spoke all these words, saying,

2 "I  am the LORD your God, who  brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. F402

3 "You  shall have no other gods  before  Me.

4 "You shall not make for yourself an  idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 5 "You  shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous  God..., "

found at http://www.searchgodsword.org/desk/?query=ex+20&t=nas&am p;st=1&new=1&l=en

CAn you explain to anyone how God can be "three" when he stated in his word that no other should be prayed to or worshipped except him?

This link shows it translated from the Hebrew:

http://www.searchgodsword.org/isb/bible.cgi?query=ex+20:5&am p;translation=nas&ot=bhs&nt=na&sr=1&l=en

Can you tell me where it says three?

Just asking, thank you for all answers

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 12:54am
The Trinity is not three Gods.  It is one God.

We organize things to better understand them.  We talk of the five different oceans because it is useful, but there is only one undivided body of seawater covering the earth.

Christians believe there is only ONE God.  The Qu'ran is correct; people who believe God is three different beings are in error.  People who ascribe partners to God are in error as well.

Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 8:15am

We believe as I wrote a little earlier that there is one God --

1.  The Father (God)

2.  The Son (Jesus) aka the Word

3.  The Holy Spirit (Comforter, Paraclete)

These three entities, or completely separate beings form the TRIUNE Godhead.  Or the Holy Trinity.  In my Church we have a hymn which is very pretty.  One line in it goes,

Praise the Holy Trinity

Undivided Unity

Holy God, Mighty God

God immortal, be Adored.

In other words these three entities (God who is a Spirit, and the Holy Spirit, who of course is a Spirit...a Holy one at that, and Jesus who came to earth through the power of the Holy Spirit and was born of the Virgin Mary was divine but in a human form)....and these three "entities" cannot be divided or separated because these 3 form the TRIUNE Godhead or the Holy Trinity...Trinity meaning 3.  The actual definition of the word trinity is the sum of 1 + 1 + 1.

I hope this helps explain the Trinity to you. 

(I am giving this website one more try.  I pray that it works out better this time.)  Thanks to all of you who have been so kind.

Peace to All!

Patty

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2006 at 8:30am

bmzsp asked:

"I am happy for you but do you believe it was the same John who wrote John? In fact, if that were true, his gospel should have been the first and only one? Don't you think so?"

John did only write one gospel.  First John is not a gospel...only Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are gospels.  Here is who wrote what :

John the Apostle (יוחנן "The LORD is merciful", Standard Hebrew Yoḥanan, Tiberian Hebrew Y�ḥānān) was one of the twelve apostles of Jesus. Christian tradition proclaims he is the same John who wrote:

St. John wrote both the Gospel of John and First John, aka John the Evangelist.

John the Presbyter wrote the 2nd and 3rd epistles (not gospels) of John. 

And the Book of Revelation or the Apocalypse was written by John of Patmos or John the Divine.

I hope this is of some help.

God's Peace and Blessings.

Patty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 11>
  Share Topic