IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Trinity is a Pagan Doctrine.  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Trinity is a Pagan Doctrine.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 1:51am

Welcome, Aquinian

Thanks for giving up a better example instead of water, ice and vapour/steam.

The Primary Source is still the SUN. The light itself is invisble but illuminates when it falls on something and heat/warmth is felt when the light is obstructed. The light and heat are secondary results and they are nothing on their own. They need a source to propagate them.

I am a Muslim but I live in a place full of Buddhists and Zennists, also called Zen Buddhists. I am sure you have heard about Zen. They have a beautiful saying which I really admire and that is:

"If you want to enjoy the beauty and the sight of the lovely moon, you don't have to point a finger at it and no one has to look at your finger and then look at the moon. Just look direct and appreciate it's beauty. It is right there before your very own eyes."  

BMZ

Edited by bmzsp
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 4:55am
We sing a Buddist hymn in my church.  Amaze Zen Grace.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 4:59am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

"If you want to enjoy the beauty and the sight of the lovely moon, you don't have to point a finger at it and no one has to look at your finger and then look at the moon. Just look direct and appreciate it's beauty. It is right there before your very own eyes."  

BMZ

That's nice

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

We sing a Buddist hymn in my church.  Amaze Zen Grace.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Aquinian View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aquinian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 5:13am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

The Primary Source is still the SUN. The light itself is invisble but illuminates when it falls on something and heat/warmth is felt when the light is obstructed. The light and heat are secondary results and they are nothing on their own. They need a source to propagate them.

You make a good point.

The Sun is a primary source of light/heat for the Earth.  I would argue that the light/heat that you feel from the Sun makes it what it is.  If you did not feel light or heat from the Sun, you would die, no?  "And by his stripes, we are healed."  :)

A guitar string is the primary source of the guitar string sound, but you would not hear anything if the result of the string was not a sound.  One could say that the sound is just as important as the string itself.

One might say that the Sun is necessarily warm and bright.  If it were not, it would no longer be the Sun.

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 8:00am

David, David,

"We sing a Buddist hymn in my church.  Amaze Zen Grace."

That was absolutely a good one.  

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 8:13am

Thanks for the understanding, Aquinian. It was a pleasure to have exchanged thoughts with you.

BMZ

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2006 at 10:09am
Aquinias I know you and Bmzsp had squashed it but just to recap after reading your statement us Muslim philosophers are in no need to disprove the trinity and Jesus' divinity by using Quranic verses or even Biblical history and nature can disprove that my brother....But all in all We all Worship the Creator, the greatest Artisan!
mariyah View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariyah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2006 at 12:51am

This is an interesting article about the "Nicene Council" and some of the origins of some of the theories in Christian religions.

http://ancienthistory.about.com/cs/godsreligion/p/aa082499.h tm

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic