IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets Muhammad
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Whom will the Prophet  intercede for?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whom will the Prophet intercede for?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rami View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whom will the Prophet intercede for?
    Posted: 10 April 2005 at 2:31am
Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

assalamu alaikum

Whom will the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) intercede for?

Answered by Sidi Shariq Khan

In the Name of Allah, Most Merciful and Compassionate

May Allah�s peace and blessings be upon His Messenger Muhammad, his folk, companions, and followers

Imam Ghazali mentions numerous prophetic narrations in book 40 of his Ihya Ulum ud-Din that indicate the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, will make intercession for all of his community, and indeed all of creation. Two of these narrations follow: 

He said (may God bless him and grant him peace), "Every Prophet has a prayer which must be granted, and it is my wish that I should conceal this prayer and make of it an intercession for my nation on the Day of Arising" (Bukhari, Tawhid, 31; Muslim, Iman, 334)

Said Ibn Abbas, 'The Emissary of God (may God bless him and grant him peace) once said, "Pulpits of gold shall be erected for the Prophets, who shall sit upon them. But my pulpit shall remain empty, for I shall be standing before my Lord, fearful that He might send me to Heaven while my nation remains behind. I shall say, 'O my Lord! My nation! My nation!' and God (Great and Glorious is He!) shall say, 'O Muhammad! What would you have me do with your nation?' 'O my Lord!' I reply, 'Make brief their reckoning!' And thus shall I continue to intercede until I am given to release men who have already been sent to Hell, so that Malik, the guardian of Hell, shall say, 'O Muhammad! I have not left any remnant of your nation to the wrath of your Lord!' " ' (Tabarani, al-Mujam al-Kabir) 

The Prophet (peace be upon him) will be the first to intercede, before the Saints, the Righteous, and others intercede. Through the intercession, those deserving a certain station in Paradise will be given a higher station, those deserving punishment in Hell will be permitted to enter Paradise without punishment, and those deserving of a long punishment in Hell will be freed from Hell early.

Truly, praise is for Allah, for not only has He made us followers on one of His Prophets, He made us followers of the greatest of His Prophets, the mercy to all of creation, peace and blessing be upon him.  As if we needed more reasons to by grateful... 

Wa salaam.

Source: Sunnipath.com
Rasul Allah (sallah llahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Whoever knows himself, knows his Lord" and whoever knows his Lord has been given His gnosis and nearness.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic