IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Da Vinci Code  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Da Vinci Code

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2006 at 4:09am

Cyril,

I wrote this in response to your post:

To Cyril: You can happily deny that Qur'aan is not from God but I will not treat that as any insult, as far as I am concerned. You may continue to deny. But do visit, Singapore, India, Pakistan, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Lebanon, Turkey, Morroco, Algeria, Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Bangladesh and see for yourself how women are free. You amy exclude saudi Arabia for it has kept it the way they want and that place is the place of birth of Islam. Everyone must remember that. In fact, the men in the countries that I listed, listen more to their wives.  I am one of those men.  My wife does not wear a hijab gear on her head but she dresses very modestly and keeps herself vey well-covered.

Your response: "Bmzsp

I thank you for allowing me to believe that the Quran is not (or at least large parts of it) from God. I also thank you on behalf of the billions of people who think like me."

Just to clarify that I did not allow you to believe the way you wrote and likewise I do not approve or support the billions of people who think like you. Hope it is clear that I do not support and endorse your disbelief. .

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2006 at 4:11am
Since there are only about 6.6 billion people on the earth, how many billions can Cyril truly be speaking for? Let's do a head count....
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 6:13pm

The fact is the Da Vinci Code is a BIG money maker for Dan Brown.  He doesn't really care about the details of the book or the movie (which according to nearly all critiques is a big ZERO...people are actually falling asleep watching it.)  I am deeply offended by the books, but I am not going to run out and attempt to enlist fellow Catholics and Protestants to murder this man.  He has committed a very sinful act against our Lord....blasphemy!  All for money.  He will be judged (as we all will) on judgement day for what he has done, and for the harm he has caused by possibly/probably leading many individuals away from their beliefs in Jesus, Holy Scriptures, etc.  God will decide his fate...not me, you, or anyone else.  It's all up to God.

We in the West are no more, or no less, hypocritical than anyone else.  The cartoons aimed at Muhammed were very unfortuntate.  They should not have been drawn and published.  That being said, do you have any idea how many times I have seen horrible filthy cartoons drawn of Jesus Christ published in well-known magazines, on tv shows, etc.?  What do we do about it?  We write to the advertisers of these magazines and tv shows and refuse to purchase their products.  We never buy the magazine or watch the tv program again.  We DO NOT try to murder the wretched individuals who produce such blasphemous material!  We "turn the other cheek", and pray for these people....that somehow they will find the real Jesus and accept Him into their lives.

No, the West is not perfect, is hypocritical many times, and has a lot of repenting to do.  We do the best we can....and I can only speak for myself, but I do not disrespect anyone's chosen faith and/or religion.  Do you?

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 9:34pm
Da vinci code, a great mystery
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 11:11pm

Dear Patty,

I quote your statements:

1) I am deeply offended by the books, but I am not going to run out and attempt to enlist fellow Catholics and Protestants to murder this man. 

2)We DO NOT try to murder the wretched individuals who produce such blasphemous material!  We "turn the other cheek", and pray for these people....

Why do you say the same thing twice? Do you mean that all Muslims are doing that eventhough you know that there are very few Muslims who fail to control their emotion try to do it? Do you know that the prophet Muhammad and Jesus are the great prophets of Allah and we love and respect them very much? If somebody degrades, insults or slanders them, he or she degrade, insult and slander us too. Insulting, degrading and slandering Allah and His prophets is a big sin ! What are the objectives of the media and people  who insult, degrade and slander Allah and Muhammad? The objectives of the devils are to pit Christians against Muslims and to promote hatred between the Christians and Muslims and to cause wars between Muslims and Christians by provoking Muslims and Christians! Therefore punishing  a Christian man or woman who try to pit Christians against Muslims is better than losing millions of innocent lives!

Lets us see whether you Christians 'turn the other cheek' or not in history:

1) Why didn't Pope Urban protest peacefully against the Muslims who controlled Palestine before the Crusade Wars? Why didn't he turn the other cheek to the Muslims? Why did he encourage the Christians to invade and plunder Muslim nations in the name of Christianity? Why did he encourage the Christians to massacre millions of innocent Jewish and Muslim babies, children, women, elderly people etc? Why did the Christian crusaders massacre the Christians of other sects on the way to Palestine?

How did the Muslims treat the beaten Christian crusaders and their families during the Crusade War? Saladin and his Muslim forces had defeated the Christian crusaders and the Muslims treated the Christians humanely and kindly by allowing them to return to Europe peacefully.

Why did the Christians of Christian Spain torture and murder millions of Muslims and Jews when the Muslims and Jews refuse to embrace Christianity during the Spanish Inquisition? Please remember that the Muslims had treated the Christians kindly and humanely in Muslim Spain. The word 'turn the other cheek' is not practised by the Christians who claimed that they believe in Jesus!

Why didn't the Catholics and Protestants 'turn the other cheek' to each other over their differences about Christianity? Why didn't they protest peacefully against each other? They tortured and killed each other in the name of Jesus during the Catholic-Protestant War. Do you remember IRA etc?

Why didn't the Americans, British and their allies who were Christians 'turn the other cheek'  to the Germans and her allies during the 1st World and 2nd World War instead of killing tens of millions of Christians in Europe? Why didn't the Christians protest peacefully against each other?

Edited by AbRah2006
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 2:47am

Dear Patty,

I quote your statement:'No, the West is not perfect, is hypocritical many times, and has a lot of repenting to do.  We do the best we can....and I can only speak for myself, but I do not disrespect anyone's chosen faith and/or religion.  Do you?'

Thank you for being honest by admitting the hypocrisy of the West and I appreciate your statement very much.

I tolerate Christianity as long as the Christians tolerate Islam.

However there are Christians and their media that always degrade , insult and slander Islam so that non-Muslims hate Islam. They brainwash their followers to hate Islam and Muslims.One of their objectives is to pit non-Muslims against Muslims and some Christians and Muslims take their baits! 

After reading their statements, I find that they are jealous of Islam and they feel insecure for Islam is spreading very fast in the West and their relatives, friends and some Christian missionaries are embracing Islam. Even the Church of England admits that it is losing its followers to Islam.

My posts are a reaction to the posts of the Christians who try to slander, insult and degrade Islam. They use dirty and wicked methods to discredit Islam and Muslims so I have to defend Islam. After all it is my duty as a Muslim to tell you about Islam. I have debated against them so many times and whenever they are cornered by me they begin to insult and slander me.

Dear Patty....I never hate you and the Christians who respect Islam sincerely. It is my sincere hope that Christians and Muslims may live together peacefully. To love and be loved! However it will remain as a dream if you Christians don't punish the culprits who slander, degrade and insult Islam. It is better for you Christians to punish those Christians who slander, insult and degrade the prophet Muhammad, Islam etc to show your honesty or at least you condemn them publicly so that we believe that you are not conspiring with those devils.

We Muslims love and respect Jesus very much and we never insult, degrade and slander Jesus because Jesus is a great prophet of God. It is a big sin to slander any prophets of Allah. If somebody slander, insult or degrade Jesus, he or she also offends us Muslims. However there are some differences between Islam and Christianity such as the sonship of Jesus. And we may debate on the difference between Islam and Christianity using facts not slanders etc! Why don't we expose the similarities between Islam and Christianity to overcome our differences?

Once again I hope sincerely that you Christians and we Muslims will live together happily and peacefully. It is nice to love and be loved by each other. After all you and us are the descendants of Adam so we are brothers and sisters. Is it wrong to love each other? Our life is so short so why not we love each other rather than hate each other?

It is nice to meet you Patty here and I hope we will respect each other sincerely and truly.

Edited by AbRah2006
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 4:04am

Welcome back, Patty.

Please let us know how your dear dad is? I hope he is better.

Best Regards

BMZ

AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2006 at 12:33am
Dear Patty ...How is your father? I hope that he is well.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic