IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Da Vinci Code  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Da Vinci Code

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 11:40am
Its the type of protests that are different AbRah.  Of course the Muslims had a right to protest over the Cartoons, but burning embassies and killing people didn't solve anything.  And I (a Christian) participated in the boycott of Dutch Goods.  That was an appropriate response.  Burning buildings, chanting death slogans and killing people in protest of something they did that you might disagree with are not appropriate responses.
Abednego View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abednego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by AbRah2006 AbRah2006 wrote:

My response to Abednego:

Why do the Christians protest and threaten to take actions against the Da Vinci Code? Why do you protest against the Da Vinci Code?So the Christians have rights to protest against it!

You'll need to ask an Evangelical Christian. I cannot speak for Evangelicals.

What about the Muslims? Do they have rights to protest against the cartoons and the media too? Have you ever thought why the Muslims protest against the media?

Of course they have the right to peaceful protest. Protest the color of the sky for all I care, just do it peacefully.

How do you feel if the media slander you worldwide?

The Middle Eastern media slanders me, my jewish wife and sons, and my country everyday. The difference is that I am mature enough and well enough adjusted to realize not everyone in the world has to like me.  I do not despirately seek the approval or validation from those who do not believe what I believe. It is sufficient for me to practice my spirituality and ignore yours.

The difference between you and I AbRah is that I am comfortable with who I am. I don't care what others think about me. You do, despirately.

If you spent more time focusing on being a good Muslim than trying insure Muslims are always painted in the best possible light you would'nt need to rationalize so much unsavory behavior and project. Honestly, having read several of your offerings it seems you know more about what's wrong with Christians than what's good and right about Islam.

Edited by Abednego
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 12:31pm

An educated European was charged in the court by a Western government for saying that Holocaust did not exist so it seems to me the West does not practise the freedom of speech.

It is an irony that the publishers and artists of the cartoons are not charged with degrading and slandering the prophet Muhammad. The West says that it does charge the publishers and artis because it believes in freedom of speech and media freedom! >>>>The hypocrisy of the West!

Edited by AbRah2006
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
Miriam View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miriam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 12:33pm
Abednego:  I quite agree with you.  If evangelical Christians were  insecure about their beliefs they'd be rioting in the streets over the DaVinci Code movie.  Instead, evangelical pastors are using this as an opportunity to address the issues raised by the movie from the pulpit.  When one has the truth, one needn't get all out of joint about it and act out in a negative manner that only brings insults and laughter from the world.
Abednego View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abednego Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by AbRah2006 AbRah2006 wrote:

An educated European was charged in the court by a Western government for saying that Holocaust did not exist so it seems to me the West does not practise the freedom of speech.

It is an irony that the publishers and artists of the cartoons are not charged with degrading and slandering the prophet Muhammad. The West says that it does charge the publishers and artis because it believes in freedom of speech and media freedom! >>>>The hypocrisy of the West!

AbRah we were discussing the DiVinci code and Cartoons. Lol I mentioned my souse and sons are Jewish and you broad jump to Holocost denial. What are the odds? The conversation must have gotten uncomfortable for you. If I make you uncomfortable, just say so- I'll go talk to someone else.

The reason is simple. Certain European countries have legislatively (agreed among themselves) that denying the Holocaust is a crime. Here in the US it is a crime to make even joking threats against the President. It's not after the fact. You're comparing apples to oranges.

amlhabibi2000 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amlhabibi2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 1:53pm

I do not see what the fuss is about the Divinci Code because as a child I asked myself did Jesus have a wife, children a family.

Even if he had a family it probably would not change things very much, just some people would figure Christianity owes them an inheritance.

Jesus lived and breathed just like us why could he not have loved someone too?

He was intitled to a family too just like all the rest of us.

Judgement day passes in the moment we decide something needs attention & we take positive action. Then there will be a great sorting out of people into groups, Inspired by Surah 99 Ayat 1-8
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 8:51pm

amlhabibi,

From you: "I do not see what the fuss is about the Divinci Code because as a child I asked myself did Jesus have a wife, children a family.

Even if he had a family it probably would not change things very much, just some people would figure Christianity owes them an inheritance.

Jesus lived and breathed just like us why could he not have loved someone too?"

Correct observation and I am sure he must have had wife and children. It's just that no one reported that in the gospels. He was a conservative Jew. I have not heard of any celibate Jewish prophet.

BMZ

AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 2:32am

Angela's statement: And I (a Christian) participated in the boycott of Dutch Goods.  That was an appropriate response. 

------------------------------------------------------------ ------

Dear Angela,

Thank you very much for protesting against the culprits who have slandered, degraded and insulted the prophet Muhammad  the last messenger of God. I hope more Christians will protest against the publishers of the cartoons.

We Muslims believe that Jesus is a great prophet of Allah and we love and respect him very much. We will not degrade Jesus eventhough we Muslims and you Christians differ over the sonship of Jesus etc. We dislike anybody who degrade Jesus by whatever means for it is a big sin to degrade Jesus!

Edited by AbRah2006
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic