IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Politics > Current Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Daniel Wultz and 4 Little Girls  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daniel Wultz and 4 Little Girls

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daniel Wultz and 4 Little Girls
    Posted: 21 May 2006 at 12:51pm

This is a letter to the Editor of a newspaper in Florida regarding the death of Daniel Wultz. Daniel was a 16 year old teenage boy killed, while visiting Israel, by a suicide bomber. When I first read this, I felt sad. But then, the more I thought about it the more I began to feel angry.

The death of Daniel Wultz is a tragedy. The death of any child in such a violent manner is doubly tragic.

Do you recognise any of these names:

Ghadir Mkhemar: an 11 year old Palestinian girl, shot to death by Israeli soldiers while in class at the UN School

Raghda Al-Assar: a 10 year old Palestinian girl, shot in the head by Israeli soldiers while sitting in class at school

Iman Tulbeh: a 12 year old Palestinian girl shot to death by Israeli soldiers while helping her mother prepare dinner in her kitchen at home

Iyman Hams: a 13 year old Palestinian girl shot 15 times by Israeli soldiers as she walked past their check point

These are children also. These children are just as dead as Danial Wultz and killed in just as horrifying a fashion, only they were killed where they live, not while visiting a volitile and sometimes dangerous country.

Where is the "humanity by publicity" in mourning by the Jewish community for the deaths of these little girls? Or all of the other hundreds of children killed by the Israeli soldiers? Why aren't their deaths just as important as Daniel's?

Daniel Wultz has something these little girls will never have, acknowledgement that his death was an act of violence that should be held in disgust by all of humanity. Thousands mourn for Daniel, who mourns for these four little forgotten girls?

CAIR-FL: MUSLIM COMMUNITY MOURNS TEEN, TOO - TOP
Altaf Ali, Sun-Sentinel, 5/20/06
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/opinion/letters/sfl-pbmail9 64may20,0,4929355.story

[Ali is executive director of the Florida office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Pembroke Pines.]

Re the Tuesday letter, "Where is outrage over teen's death?": Contrary to the author's assertion, "once again, our Muslim brothers here in South Florida have missed an opportunity to show some humanity by publicity," our response was not of publicity, it was one of sorrow and repudiation.

I share part of a letter written to Rabbi Yisroel Spalter and Dr. Laurence Kutler Director of David Posnack Hebrew Day School.

"On behalf of the Muslim community in Florida, I would like to sincerely express our condolences and sorrow. We are deeply saddened to learn of the passing away of Daniel Wultz.

"As I followed the story in the media about Daniel, I could not help but be touched by what I learned of his character, his faith in God and most impressively his desire to serve and become a rabbi. For a young person such as Daniel to have such aspirations, he must have had positive influences in his life such as his parents, his family and the institution of his education at the David Posnack school.

"We repudiate acts of violence in the strongest possible terms. Islam strictly condemns religious extremism and the use of violence against innocent lives. There is no justification in Islam for extremism or terrorism. Targeting civilians' life and property through suicide bombings or any other method of attack is haram -- forbidden -- and those who commit these barbaric acts are criminals, not `martyrs.' All acts of terrorism targeting civilians are haram (forbidden) in Islam. It is also haram for a Muslim to cooperate with any individual or group that is involved in any act of terrorism or violence.

"It is our hope that Daniel did not die in vain. Our community hopes that we work together striving for peace, harmony and justice. These are the common characteristics of the people of the Abrahamic Faith."

Edited by Mishmish
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic