IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 50,000 Errors in the Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

50,000 Errors in the Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 10:02am

Angela, here is a link that answers the JW claim made in the Awake article.  Warning - it is not a pro-Muslim site:

http://www.bible.ca/islam/islam-bible-50000-errors.htm

Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 10:18am
Angela, in regard to which statement about the Watchtower Society do you refer?
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 10:20am
It is amusing to hear on a Muslim forum of "50 000 errors" in the Bible, which is a book written by men, when there are a number of errors in the Quran supposedly written by God.
fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 10:23am

Originally posted by Cyril Cyril wrote:

It is amusing to hear on a Muslim forum of "50 000 errors" in the Bible, which is a book written by men, when there are a number of errors in the Quran supposedly written by God.

"nice one cyril, nice one son, nice one cyril, lets have another one" - olde englishe footballe songe

for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 10:23am

Cyril, excellent point.  The Bible has some 40 plus authors.  One of the proofs of the divine inspiration of Scripture is that 40 plus authors could write such a book that is so unform in its doctrine - how beautifully these various men wrote (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit), a 66-book document that consistently teaches montheism, salvation by God's grace, andthe coming forth of the Messiah, Jesus, to pay the penalty of sin (compare Genesis 3:15 and Isa. 53 for instance).

The Quran on the other hand was supposedly created in Heaven, right?  Yet I recently read an article which asserts that there are many geographical and historical errors in the Quran, and that it also is not very intelligible in Arabic (but of course, I'm not an Arabic speaking person, so I can't confirm that).

Edited by Alibaba
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 10:26am

Originally posted by Cyril Cyril wrote:

you are crazy. there are no errors in the Qur'an. It is the truth revealed by Allah to Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) the last messenger of Allah and it is for entire mankind. not a single word or letter has been changed in the Qur'an since its revelation and it can never be changed as Allah almighty has said because it is the true word of Allah.

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Alibaba Alibaba wrote:

Cyril, excellent point.  The Bible has some 40 plus authors.  One of the proofs of the divine inspiration of Scripture is that 40 plus authors could write such a book that is so unform in its doctrine - how beautifully these various men wrote (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit), a 66-book document that consistently teaches montheism, salvation by God's grace, andthe coming forth of the Messiah, Jesus, to pay the penalty of sin (compare Genesis 3:15 and Isa. 53 for instance).

The Quran on the other hand was supposedly created in Heaven, right?  Yet I recently read an article which asserts that there are many geographical and historical errors in the Quran, and that it also is not very intelligible in Arabic (but of course, I'm not an Arabic speaking person, so I can't confirm that).

Just to play Devil's advocate, so what do we do with all the scriptures that were not included.  Anything can be uniform if you cut and paste.  (Not that I'm really arguing the point, but I know that is going to be an arguement against what your are saying.)

Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 10:58am

Angela, it is of course a belief found in your own church that there were books left out of Scripture.  However, for most Christians, including the C of E and the Roman Church, we believe that Jesus' promise that the Holy Spirit would guide His church was fulfilled, and certainly resulted in the correct canonization of Scripture.  The canonization of Scriptures is an interesting topic for study.  Perhaps you like to study it a little and get back to me:

http://www.foundationsforfreedom.net/Topics/Bible/Bible_Cano nization.html

Of course there are some Roman and Eastern Orthodox distinctives, but none of the apocraphyl books in any way impact on doctrine.  In the CofE the apoc. books are inserted in the center and are called "good books for spritual study, etc., but not inspired in the same manner as the rest."

Edited by Alibaba
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic