IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 50,000 Errors in the Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

50,000 Errors in the Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 7:40am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

George,

From you:"This, BTW, cannot be done with the Qur'an because Ulthman destroyed all inerrant copies.  You have nothing to compare your current Qur'an with."

FYI, there was no compiled Qur'aan in the form of a hardbound book, when Uthman started his work. Nobody had any solid copy of Qur'aan. He collected, gathered and sifted. Once the Qur'aan was compiled in the order set and given by the prophet, Uthman burnt up all surplus material. There were no copies of Qur'aan burnt. There is therefore no Papyrus 786 or a 2-inch square papyrus 45 available.

Qur'aan was already memorised by Prophet, Companions, AbuBakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali and many other Companions. Anyway, the Qur'aan has been around there since 1427 years and we are very happy with that.

From you: "The Qur'anic manuscripts found in Yemen have proven serious allterations in the Qur'an"

We have been hearing of that for years and nothing has been proven. Looks like the German experts on Arabic are still busy with their "findings".

BMZ,

It is interesting what you wrote:

FYI, there was no compiled Qur'aan in the form of a hardbound book, when Uthman started his work. Nobody had any solid copy of Qur'aan.

Why would Allah go to all of the trouble to send down the Qur'an to Muhammad and not let him live to see it put into bookform and leave it up to others to do it?

Peace

fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 8:49am
yeah so why are the yemeni scripts not on open display in some opulent museum as final proof of the "miraculous quran", unchanged and unchangeable since it was first conceived?
for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 9:09am

George,

From you: "Why would Allah go to all of the trouble to send down the Qur'an to Muhammad and not let him live to see it put into bookform and leave it up to others to do it?"

Good question: You should ask Paul, Augustine and the other Gospel writers.

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 9:11am

George,

From you: "Why would Allah go to all of the trouble to send down the Qur'an to Muhammad and not let him live to see it put into bookform and leave it up to others to do it?"

Good question: You should ask Paul, Augustine and the other Gospel writers.

Well, I could ask Jesus but I don't think you would like his answer.

Peace

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 9:12am

Fredi,

"yeah so why are the yemeni scripts not on open display in some opulent museum as final proof of the "miraculous quran", unchanged and unchangeable since it was first conceived?"

Yeah! I would love to see that. Fredi, by the way, are you working at the airport terminal or the railway station, free loader!

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 9:37am

Fredi,

"yeah so why are the yemeni scripts not on open display in some opulent museum as final proof of the "miraculous quran", unchanged and unchangeable since it was first conceived?"

Yeah! I would love to see that. Fredi, by the way, are you working at the airport terminal or the railway station, free loader!

The work is still going on.

Peace

AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 6:49am

50,000 Errors in the Bible:

God be seen?

Exod. 24:9,10; Amos 9:1; Gen. 26:2; and John 14:9
God CAN be seen:
"And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my backparts." (Ex. 33:23)
"And the Lord spake to Moses face to face, as a man speaketh to his friend." (Ex. 33:11)
"For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." (Gen. 32:30)

God CANNOT be seen:
"No man hath seen God at any time." (John 1:18)
"And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live." (Ex. 33:20)
"Whom no man hath seen nor can see." (1 Tim. 6:16)

Allah (God) is the All Wise so He will not contradict His own Word. The Bible is not the Word of God for the Bible contradict itself. God is the All Merciful so God sends Quran to all mankind to replace the Bible.

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
Miriam View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miriam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 12:28pm

However, the Quran upholds the authority of Christian Scripture, and nowhere indicates that the Gospels, for instance, were lost:

Let the People of the Gospel judge by that which Allah hath revealed therein. Whoso judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are evil-livers. (5:47, MP)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 10111213>
  Share Topic