IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 50,000 Errors in the Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

50,000 Errors in the Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 3:54am

50,000 Errors in the Bible

(1)God good to all, or just a few?

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity,
nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

(2)War or Peace?

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

(3)Is Jesus equal to or lesser than?

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice,
because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

(4)In the Bible Bats are birds to the biblical God (Leviticus 11:13-19 & Deuteronomy 14:11-18). According to science bats are mammals.

(5) Some birds have four feet (Leviticus 11:20-21). lol.....How can birds have FOUR feet? ....

Moses peace be upon him predicted the corruption/tampering of the Law (Bible) after his death(Deuteronomy 31:25-29).The Book of Moses predicted that the Law (Bible) will get corrupted.  The Book of Jeremiah which came approximately 826 years after did indeed confirm this corruption.

The entire Bible is corrupted and unreliable and is mostly filled with man-made laws and corruption!  "`How can you say, "We [the Jews] are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?' (From the NIV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

The Revised Standard Version makes it even clearer: "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie(From the RSV Bible, Jeremiah 8:8)"

In either translation, we clearly see that the Jews had so much corrupted the Bible with their man-made cultural laws, that they had turned the Bible into a lie!

In Islam Allah is the All Wise God so He will not contradict His own Word. So who do corrupt the Bible? Answer : The keepers of the Bible corrupt it into a lie. The contradictions are a consequence of the corruption of the Bible.

That is why God sends the Holy Quran as His final revelation to all mankind through His last messenger the prophet Muhammad to replace the  Bible, Torah etc!

Allah Himself has promised to guard the Qur�an: "We have, without doubt, sent down the Message; and We will assuredly Guard it (from corruption) [Al-Qur�an 15:9].

The Quran is Allah's greatest blessing for you . It is the fulfillment of His promise to Adam and his descendants: 'there shall come to you guidance from Me, and whatsoever follows My Guidance no fear shall be on them, neither shall they sorrow' (Quran  al Baqarah 2:38).

Edited by AbRah2006
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 3:35am

Cyril's statement: Abrah.
What can I discuss with you as you take myths and legends for real history?
Why don't you believe also in the myths and legends of the Aztecs, Sumerians, Vikings, Hindus, Greeks or Romans?
Whatever cannot be proven can be believed, so why not believe in anything?

------------------------------------------------------------ ----

My response: You fail to give me the concrete proofs to support your wild claim that man is a descendant of apes so I quote your own words 'Whatever cannot be proven can be believed, so why not believe in anything?'

I don't believe in the myths and legends of the Aztecs, Sumerians, Vikings, Hindus, Greeks or Romans but they are the  popular subject of the National Discovery etc. 

How do you know what is real, myths or legends? If history does not record a life of a common people, does he or she become a myth or legend? Does it mean that he or she does not exist? If history does not mention your parents' names in the history books, does it mean that they are a myth or legend so they do not exist? It is an irony that you exist!

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
Cyril View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 10:22am
Abrah

What can I discuss with you as you take myths and legends for real history?
Why don't you believe also in the myths and legends of the Aztecs, Sumerians, Vikings, Hindus, Greeks or Romans?
Whatever cannot be proven can be believed, so why not believe in anything?
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 10:00am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

George, from you to Salman:

"The Christian New Testament is exceptional in its reliability and trustworthiness and survival down through history.  It is unrivaled in manuscript authority.  There is more documentary evidence for the reliability of the New Testament than for any other book from the ancient world!!"

The Bhagvad and Geeta of the Hindus are there for 5,000 years and there hasn't been a single change. How would you rate the 3,000 year-old Jewish Bible or the Jewish Scriptures from whom the Christians got an Old Testament Old Testament? Would you consider that Book more reliable than the New Testament?  

From you, George: "There are some variant readings, the vast majority of which are strictly grammatical." What ado you think about the variants expressed by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in reporting various events?  

The doctrine is unaffected because it was written by others specifically to teach something on which there is no word or teaching of Jesus available.

For example, the triune or tri-unity was never taught by Jesus, the great teacher, the greatest Rabbi but that was added on by the gospel writers. The accounts of arrest differ and the accounts of killing and finding the empty tomb also differ.

Do you understand now?

How do explain that the great teacher, the greatest Rabbi, taught that there was a Father, He was the Son, and that there is the Holy Spirit of God?

Peace

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 9:57am
Originally posted by Yankovich Yankovich wrote:

Hey, George, thanks for all that information about the reliability of the New Testament manuscripts.  I'm going to share that with my Bible Study class.  Great info.  I've always been amazed when people question the authenticity of the New Testament writings - there's a good book to read on the subject by F.  Bruce.  Also, I used this site as a study guide:

http://www.carm.org/evidence/textualevidence.htm

Hi Yank,

I use carm a lot.  I like their articles because they are for the most part very short.  It is a good place for Mulims to learn Christianity.

Peace

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 8:48am

George, from you to Salman:

"The Christian New Testament is exceptional in its reliability and trustworthiness and survival down through history.  It is unrivaled in manuscript authority.  There is more documentary evidence for the reliability of the New Testament than for any other book from the ancient world!!"

The Bhagvad and Geeta of the Hindus are there for 5,000 years and there hasn't been a single change. How would you rate the 3,000 year-old Jewish Bible or the Jewish Scriptures from whom the Christians got an Old Testament Old Testament? Would you consider that Book more reliable than the New Testament?  

From you, George: "There are some variant readings, the vast majority of which are strictly grammatical." What ado you think about the variants expressed by Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in reporting various events?  

The doctrine is unaffected because it was written by others specifically to teach something on which there is no word or teaching of Jesus available.

For example, the triune or tri-unity was never taught by Jesus, the great teacher, the greatest Rabbi but that was added on by the gospel writers. The accounts of arrest differ and the accounts of killing and finding the empty tomb also differ.

Do you understand now?

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 8:35am

George,

From you:"This, BTW, cannot be done with the Qur'an because Ulthman destroyed all inerrant copies.  You have nothing to compare your current Qur'an with."

FYI, there was no compiled Qur'aan in the form of a hardbound book, when Uthman started his work. Nobody had any solid copy of Qur'aan. He collected, gathered and sifted. Once the Qur'aan was compiled in the order set and given by the prophet, Uthman burnt up all surplus material. There were no copies of Qur'aan burnt. There is therefore no Papyrus 786 or a 2-inch square papyrus 45 available.

Qur'aan was already memorised by Prophet, Companions, AbuBakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali and many other Companions. Anyway, the Qur'aan has been around there since 1427 years and we are very happy with that.

From you: "The Qur'anic manuscripts found in Yemen have proven serious allterations in the Qur'an"

We have been hearing of that for years and nothing has been proven. Looks like the German experts on Arabic are still busy with their "findings".

Edited by bmzsp
Yankovich View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yankovich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 8:17am

Hey, George, thanks for all that information about the reliability of the New Testament manuscripts.  I'm going to share that with my Bible Study class.  Great info.  I've always been amazed when people question the authenticity of the New Testament writings - there's a good book to read on the subject by F.  Bruce.  Also, I used this site as a study guide:

http://www.carm.org/evidence/textualevidence.htm

Edited by Yankovich
GETTING TO THE TRUTH!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
  Share Topic