IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 50,000 Errors in the Bible  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

50,000 Errors in the Bible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 9:09am

George,

From you: "Why would Allah go to all of the trouble to send down the Qur'an to Muhammad and not let him live to see it put into bookform and leave it up to others to do it?"

Good question: You should ask Paul, Augustine and the other Gospel writers.

fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 8:49am
yeah so why are the yemeni scripts not on open display in some opulent museum as final proof of the "miraculous quran", unchanged and unchangeable since it was first conceived?
for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 7:40am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

George,

From you:"This, BTW, cannot be done with the Qur'an because Ulthman destroyed all inerrant copies.  You have nothing to compare your current Qur'an with."

FYI, there was no compiled Qur'aan in the form of a hardbound book, when Uthman started his work. Nobody had any solid copy of Qur'aan. He collected, gathered and sifted. Once the Qur'aan was compiled in the order set and given by the prophet, Uthman burnt up all surplus material. There were no copies of Qur'aan burnt. There is therefore no Papyrus 786 or a 2-inch square papyrus 45 available.

Qur'aan was already memorised by Prophet, Companions, AbuBakr, Umar, Uthman, Ali and many other Companions. Anyway, the Qur'aan has been around there since 1427 years and we are very happy with that.

From you: "The Qur'anic manuscripts found in Yemen have proven serious allterations in the Qur'an"

We have been hearing of that for years and nothing has been proven. Looks like the German experts on Arabic are still busy with their "findings".

BMZ,

It is interesting what you wrote:

FYI, there was no compiled Qur'aan in the form of a hardbound book, when Uthman started his work. Nobody had any solid copy of Qur'aan.

Why would Allah go to all of the trouble to send down the Qur'an to Muhammad and not let him live to see it put into bookform and leave it up to others to do it?

Peace

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 7:36am

The Qur'ans found in Yemen:

Some of the parchment pages in the Yemeni hoard seemed to date back to the seventh and eighth centuries A.D., or Islam's first two centuries -- they were fragments, in other words, of perhaps the oldest Korans in existence. What's more, some of these fragments revealed small but intriguing aberrations from the standard Koranic text. Such aberrations, though not surprising to textual historians, are troublingly at odds with the orthodox Muslim belief that the Koran as it has reached us today is quite simply the perfect, timeless, and unchanging Word of God.

http://cremesti.com/amalid/Islam/Yemeni_Ancient_Koranic_Text s.htm

Peace
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 6:50am

[QUOTE=fredifreeloader]calm down, abrah, settle down old son, no need to get over-excited.  the bible is not a scientific treatise (please dont tell me that the quran is).  things were related by God the way people understood them.  if he had revealed everything, there would be no need for any research, would there?  (sun setting in a pool of muddy water on earth, indeed - quran 18: 86 - as if the whole sun could fit into a pool on earth, i never heard anything so stupid in my life)

------------------------------------------------------------ ----

My response:

To the west of the town of Lychnis is a lake170 square miles in area, fed by underground springs that issue through limestone rocks and give out murky water.   Both town and lake are now called Ochrida, about 50 miles west of Monastir.   The water is so dark that the river which forms the outlet of the lake to the north is called the Black Drin.  Looking at the sunset from the town, the observer would see the sun set a pool of murky water (18:86).  It was a question before the boy Alexander -- the dreamy, impulsive, fearless rider -- whether he would put the barbarous Illyricans to the sword or show them mercy.  He showed true discrimination and statesmanship.  He punished the guilty but showed kindness to the innocent, and thus consolidated his power in the west.  This I construe to be the meaning of (Noble Verses) 18:86-87; otherwise these verses do not seem to be perfectly clear

Quran

018.086 Until, when he reached the setting of the sun, he found it set in a spring of murky water: Near it he found a People: We said: "O Zul-qarnain! (thou hast authority,) either to punish them, or to treat them with kindness."

I quote: 'he found it set in a spring of murky water'....Who is he? Zul-qarnain! Therefore Zul-qarnain found it set in a spring of murkey water. The Quran does not say ' Quran found it set in a spring of murkey water'!

Please visit this web that will refute Fredi's statement: http://www.answering-christianity.com/iron_gates.htm

Hey Fredi your Bible says "He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.   (From the NIV Bible, Psalm 104:5)" ....lol.......According to Science and the Holy Quran the world moves in an orbit around the sun!

Consider the following Qur�anic verse:

�It is He who created The Night and the Day, And the sun and the moon: All (the celestial bodies), each Travelling in an orbit With its own motion�. [AI-Qur�an 21:33]

Edited by AbRah2006
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 6:12am
calm down, abrah, settle down old son, no need to get over-excited.  the bible is not a scientific treatise (please dont tell me that the quran is).  things were related by God the way people understood them.  if he had revealed everything, there would be no need for any research, would there?  (sun setting in a pool of muddy water on earth, indeed - quran 18: 86 - as if the whole sun could fit into a pool on earth, i never heard anything so stupid in my life)
for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
AbRah2006 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbRah2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 4:40am
[QUOTE=fredifreeloader]

abrah said:

(5) Some birds have four feet (Leviticus 11:20-21). lol.....How can birds have FOUR feet? there is no mention of birds in these verses!  the reference is to winged insects! - more of your silly nonsense exposed, abrah!

------------------------------------------------------------ -----

My response:  I quote your Bible....

Leviticus 11:20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.
Leviticus 11:21 Yet these may ye eat of every flying creeping thing that goeth upon all four, which have legs above their feet, to leap withal upon the earth;
Leviticus 11:22 Even these of them ye may eat; the locust after his kind, and the bald locust after his kind, and the beetle after his kind, and the grasshopper after his kind.

Leviticus 11:23 But all other flying creeping things, which have four feet, shall be an abomination unto you.

Leviticus 11:20 All fowls ......What is a fowl?

A fowl is a bird of any kind, although some types of birds use the word specifically in their names (for example, Guineafowl and Peafowl).

As a generic plural, fowl often refers collectively to domestic farm birds (such as chickens, turkeys and geese (see also poultry)) or to wild game birds (such as wild ducks or pheasants). Some fowl, such as geese and ducks, are also referred to as waterfowl.

The word fowl has cognates in other Germanic languages, e.g., German Vogel, Dutch vogel, Danish fugl and Gothic fugls, all of which mean simply "bird".

Hey Fredi...Does the God of the Bible know the fowls? ....

I quote Fredi's statement: "there is no mention of birds in these verses!  the reference is to winged insects! - more of your silly nonsense exposed, abrah!"

My response to Fredi: According to science the thorax of an insect has six legs (one pair per segment) so an insect has six feet! Does your God of the Bible know science?

Fredi....I am laughing at you now! ....How can the fowls have four feet? How can the insects have four feet? You are entertaining me now

Edited by AbRah2006
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 4:23am

abrah said:

(5) Some birds have four feet (Leviticus 11:20-21). lol.....How can birds have FOUR feet? ....

there is no mention of birds in these verses!  the reference is to winged insects! - more of your silly nonsense exposed, abrah!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 13>
  Share Topic