IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does this site promote hatred of the West  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does this site promote hatred of the West

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 4:12pm
Patty I agree with you. some of the soldiers are doing good and trying to help people there. Some of the soldiers hate Muslims though and Arabs. There are good and bad.
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 4:19pm

Bi ismillahir rahmanir raheem

This section will be closely moderated.

1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are requested to maintain the decorum as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke, or casual statement which the moderators find insensitive, may result in edition or deletion.

Any post which is considered inflammatory to the muslim community will be deleeted without warning. repeated abuses of the Guidlines will result in the person being banned from the forum.

inflammatory:

1 : tending to excite anger, disorder, or tumult : SEDITIOUS
2 : tending to inflame or excite the senses
3 : accompanied by or tending to cause inflammation

Example of inflammatory post; A post about the wonderfull work of the US army in Iraq While the entire muslim world views there Presance there as an invasion.

Edited by rami on 12 November 2005 at 1:39am

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2952& ;PN=1

This is exactly what he wrote and I have seen threads "disappear" that were about Soldiers doing good in Iraq.  I know two Iraqis now. One in Basra and hte other in England. Both are grateful for what the US is doing, even if they fear what will happen if the "freedom fighters" win.

Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 4:20pm

Originally posted by Jenni Jenni wrote:

Patty I agree with you. some of the soldiers are doing good and trying to help people there. Some of the soldiers hate Muslims though and Arabs. There are good and bad.

Its conditioning and propaganda.  The soldiers are not allowed to view the enemy as humans or they might not fight them.  I've had to deprogram Baby Brother about Muslims and Arabs since his honorable discharge from the US Army.  I'm so glad his Air Assault Unit was not deployed to Afghanistan until after he was discharged.  Thank God for small blessings.

Angel View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 7:36pm

wow, 3 pages in 6/7 hours  I think that must be a world record

Oh Alibaba, America wasn't founded on Christianity but Deism, do a little research

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 5:42am

Angel:

"Oh Alibaba, America wasn't founded on Christianity but Deism, do a little research"

Angel, I respectfully offer the following information from the history of America:

Quote from Gov. Winthrop (1600s in Massachusetts):

"For the generality of them--They were the near descendants of the first Reformers in ENGLAND.  They were born of pious parents, who brought them up in a course of strict religion, and under the ministry of the most awakening preachers of those days.  Like so many Timothys, they were from their childhood taught to know the HOLY SCRIPTURES, to reverence them as the inspirations of GOD, as the only rule of faith and piety, and to aim at both a pure Scriptural way of worship, and at the vital power and practice of Godliness: And they continued in the things they had learned and had been assured of, as knowing of whom they had learned them.

In points of doctrine, they entirely held with the Church of ENGLAND, their judgment of orthodoxy being the very same: But they apprehended it to be the sole prerogative of GOD Himself, and a glory that He would not give to another, to appoint the orders of His own house, and the acceptable ways of His own worship: That RELIGION is a free obedience to the known laws of GOD; and it is neither in the power of men or angels, to make that religion which He has not made so Himself: That His own institutions ought not to be set on a level, mixed or debased with the low devices of men; and that it is a plain, full and decisive rule of His own injunction--"To the LAW and to the TESTIMONY; if they speak not according to THIS WORD, it is because there is no light in them."

I think what you are remembering from "The Pond" is that some of the first politicians who signed the Declaration of Independence were deists....however, the common persons immigrating from Europe were devoutly religious, and came here to America fleeing religious persecution. 

(I strongly suspect Alibaba knows the correct history of the founding of America.)

God's Peace Angel.

Patty

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

Assalamu Alaikum:

There are non-Muslims who come to the site to learn. They have been here for a long time.

There are others who come here to do otherwise. They are prolysthetizing, trying to bash Islam, or just generally trying to cause trouble.

This is an Islamic site. Why would anyone come here to post their beliefs about Christianity? There are Christian sites for that. Why debate whether your beliefs are right or wrong on a site dedicated to another religion all together? If you cannot accept the fact that Muslims do not hold the same beliefs as you, then why come here and post your beliefs? We are not soliciting them.

Patty, if we edited or deleted or reprimanded every post that disagreed with Islam, none of the recent threads would be on the Interfaith section. We do not believe Jesus is God. We do not believe in the crucifixion. We do not believe the Holy Spirit is God. We do not believe in the trinity. Most of these are not only subjects that we do not believe, but that are blasphemy and shirk to Muslims. Yet, you have been allowed to discuss them.

Posting here is a privilege. If you find it too confining, unfair or "Islamic", you are cordially invited to go elsewhere.

Mishmish,

Everyone knows this is an Islamic cite.  The name gives it away�Islamiccity.  
People come here for a variety of reasons.  My reason is to ask questions about 
Islam and to correct the misunderstandings Muslims have concerning my religion, 
which are plenty.  Surely you don't expect Christians to come here not to defend 
their faith when it is being attacked?  Surely you do not expect Christians not 
to try to correct the misunderstanding of their faith submitted by Muslims?  Is 
it prosthetizing one's religion to correct the Muslim misconceptions of it?

I was impressed by your rules�they sounded fair�and I particularly liked this 
addition:

Quote any insulting, derogatory, disrespectfull comments about any faith, prophet, holy person or Allah may also result in the person being banned.
I assumed (silly me) that meant that Christians and Muslims were to follow this rule. Yet you allowed the "Crucifixion if a hoax/lie" thread posted by AbRah2006 to continue. His tone and choice of words were very offensive to Christians. It was not until Angela pleaded with the moderators to do something and to enforce their rules, that the topic was finally closed. Why did it take Angela's pleas to finally get the moderators to do their job? Your rule says that you will not allow any insulting, derogatory disrespectful comments about Allah, yet you have allowed BMZ's post to remain standing:
Quote How can you worship a God who killed his son? I cannot worship such a killer God.
This comment is blatant blasphemy against God and yet it has not been censored. Why not? Unless BMZ is implying that Allah is not YHVH. Muslims are offended by the hard questions and take them as an affront to Islam. You must get over it. Gone are the days when you will not be asked hard questions. The events of 9/11 took care of that. Many non-Muslims know the Qur'an, they have read the Hadiths, they know Islamic history, they read the newspapers, they have seen all the violence, they see Muslims killing other Muslims, Muslims blowing up Mosques, Muslims blowing up churches, Muslims killing former Muslims for leaving Islam, and it goes on and on and on. I am very disappointed in what I see the bashing of America. I am an American. From what I understand all Muslims consider their Ummah as their "country." Of course America is not perfect and has done some things that I in particular am not proud of but neither is the Islamic community (Ummah) perfect and I am sure you will agree that Muslims do things that other Muslims are not proud of. We Americans could blast away at some of the atrocities that certain Muslims have committed, could we not? They did not coin the phrase "war is hell" for no good reason. My hope is that someday all will take the teachings of Jesus Christ and put them into practice�solve our conflicts and disagreements at the conference table and not on the battlefield. I participate on three Christian discussion boards and the moderators are very strict, especially on one in particular. They insist that the poster abide by the terms of service that they agreed to abide by. If someone doesn't, they are warned�sometimes three times�if they continue to violate the TOS, they are gone. Some are so abusive that they are banned after one post. This goes for all posters, Muslims, Christians, Jews and non-believers.
Quote Why would anyone come here to post their beliefs about Christianity?
Do they? What I see is Christians defending their faith. What is the meaning of an interfaith dialog anyway? Isn't it to discuss what we believe and why we believe it in order to promote a better understanding of our faiths? We don't have to agree. When someone posts a topic that the crucifixion is a lie, wouldn't you expect Christians to show Muslims the reason we don't believe it to be a lie? How else are we going to understand each other's beliefs? There are very few Christians on this board; perhaps it would be better if we all left. Then the Muslims here would be free to talk to each other and say whatever they wanted to say against Christianity. It certainly would lighten up the workload of the Moderators�you would no longer need to moderate. But, of course, there would no longer be an interfaith section on this site, would there? The trick in making an interfaith discussion work is for both sides to ask questions, not make allegations. Peace
Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 9:36am

It is just plain stupidity to say that America was not settled by Christians but by Deists.  Yes, there were deists in the initial Federal government, but any fifth-grader should know that it was religious separatists (from the C of E), called Puritans, and also Pilgrims who first settled in the New England colonies.  Your state of Virginia was settled by C of E and at one time Anglicanism was the state church there, as it is here. The American constitution reflects Christian ideals, and this is one reason that it is the world's longest lasting democracy (not kingdom).  Muslim nations do not have these ideals established in their forms of government, which is why Muslim nations, as a whole, are rather socially and academically backwards (when you have classrooms with maps not showing Israel, you've got to wonder about that kind of academic deception - also, chanting the Quran is certainly not equal to learning grammar and literature).  Freedom creates an atmosphere where individuals can think creatively and reach goals which those in repressive societies cannot.  I think that, on the whole, Islam has created repressive socieities (especially for women - for instance, in Saudi you cannot even drive a car if you are a woman or leave the house without male permission).  I am so thankful that I live in a nation which reflects Christian principles, and I suppose most Americans thank their God daily for the opportunities they have and the blessings of freedom they enjoy as a result of living in a country founded on Christian principles.

Now, take a look at the Muslim nations.  If a Muslim wants to become a Christian - off with their head, or they are proclaimed to be insane.  The lack of intellectual freedom and freedom of religious choice is not part of the Muslim culture.  Little boys in Palestine and in other Muslim nations are taught "hatred" every day in the class room.  Martyrdom means strapping on dynamite and walking into a wedding party and blowing everybody up - that is demonic as far as I'm concerned.  Now, I will admit that most Muslims don't do this - but some do, and they base their acts on the Quran.

As far as American soldiers pillaging and raping - maybe some few did in Viet Nam, but these types of actions were dealt with swiftly by the military authorities.  It does not reflect the acts of 99% of the soldiers who were stationed there.  The South Viet Nam people wept when the allied forces left, and many escaped the oppressive communist regime as they fled in boats.  That's basic history.

Now, if you want oppressive, look at Cambodia where milliions were slaughtered by the Communists there simply because they thought independently, or didn't want to work in the fields.  That's oppression, that makes Hitler look like a humanitarian.  Why aren't Muslims here speaking out against Pot Pol and his thugs?

You see, it's easy to beat up on and trash America and the UK - because they allow you to do it.  Try trashing Saudi Arabia in Mecca and you'll quickly find yourself without a head.

Edited by Alibaba
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 9:56am

Originally posted by Alibaba Alibaba wrote:

Muslim nations do not have these ideals established in their forms of government, which is why Muslim nations, as a whole, are rather socially and academically backwards.

This is mainly because of the poverty levels in the countries.  If you look back to the Middle Ages the Catholic Church (the only one at the time, not picking on you Patty. )  Jailed Galileo for his forward thinking and burned people at the stakes for daring to translate the Bible into the Vernacular.  Meanwhile, the Muslim countries were endulging in Science, Math, Philosophy and Astronomy. 

Wars have torn that place to bits starting with the European Imperialism of the 1800s and 1900s.  You cannot blame the people who are suffering now because of those events then.

Salem 1692, Hauns Mill, Mississippi 1960s.  Christians have their own incidents of oppression even in a country founded by persecuted Christians.  Frankly, I find it rather arrogant that a Brit is trying to school a bunch of Americans on what our country was founded over. 

I have a family line that's been here since 1662, Gideon La Plante Merlett.  Look him up on the internet.  That is my ancestor.  I have relatives in Revolutionary forces, Civil War and every major conflict.  My family has spilled blood to make this country free.  But we are not so arrogant and uneducated to think it doesn't have flaws.  No government is perfect.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic