IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does this site promote hatred of the West  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does this site promote hatred of the West

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:30pm
her:  Then go pay some Indians for the land.  The Muslims stole lots of land.  You kind of forget that, don't you.  See above.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:33pm

Bismillah,

No.  I probably should worry about reimbursing the slaves first, since that's more recent.

Am I defending land stealing?  Not.  I just get really tired of hearing people say:  Go back where you came from when they would if our government hadn't decimated it already.

My husband comes from a little village in Phalasteen.  Oh, can't go there -- they wiped it out years ago -- people, buildings, crops, all of it.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:38pm

�� But I have learned something - it appears from the posts here that many of the Muslims on this site who claim to be residing in the US certainly have a low opinion of that country.  I suggest they get their passports and return to the Middle East or wherever - don't the Yanks have a saying "Love it or Leave it." I quite agree.�

Wow.  That is remarkable learning on your part, Alibaba.  It sounds rather like political analysis as bumper sticker.

Serv

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Servetus Servetus wrote:

�� But I have learned something - it appears from the posts here that many of the Muslims on this site who claim to be residing in the US certainly have a low opinion of that country.  I suggest they get their passports and return to the Middle East or wherever - don't the Yanks have a saying "Love it or Leave it." I quite agree.�

Wow.  That is remarkable learning on your part, Alibaba.  It sounds rather like political analysis as bumper sticker.

Serv

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by Alibaba Alibaba wrote:

PS:  Then there are those supposedly born in America who detest that great land - well, I suppose you don't detest all the benefits you get.  The welfare programs.  The medical programs.  Shame on you.

I'm born American and Christian and I dislike the current government.  I dislike the policies of many of the lawmakers.  I speak out against war, prejudice and economic stupidity.  I enjoy these rights given to me by the poor and oppressed who came here and sweated to create this country and continued to come and build this country.  One of the greatest parts of being American is being able to disagree with the establishment.  I can make a change and a difference.  The only ones who don't have a right to complain are those who don't want to do anything to change the system.  Democracy is an interactive system.  If you just sit and complain and do nothing, then its no longer a Democracy.  But, everyone is invited to come here (legally) and bring with them the very things that make us strong.  Diversity and Hope for a better life.

When, in the Course of human Events, it becomes necessary for one People to dissolve the Political Bands which have connected them with another, and to assume, among the Powers of the Earth, the separate and equal Station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent Respect to the Opinions of Mankind requires that they should declare the Causes which impel them to the Separation.

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed, by their Creator, with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Prudence indeed, will dictate, that Governments long established, should not be changed for light and transient Causes; and accordingly all Experience hath shewn, that Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future Security.

Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 3:31pm
Angela, I'm in Wales, so it's not quite the same for me - I rather love the Queen.  However, I think it's an outright lie to say that American soldiers raped and pillaged in Viet Nam.  You see, Angela, my own brother served there (an American), and was twice wounded.  I know he never raped or pillaged - and I know that many in the US believed in what they did.  It's one thing to disagree with governments and policy - quite another to outright lie.  Isn't it a sin to lie if you're a Mulsim?
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 3:52pm

Alibaba,

There were numerous incidents where women were raped by American soliders and innocent people died.  The war was horrible.  You never knew if the child walking towards you was booby trapped or not.  Vietnam was a nightmare for both the US and Vietnamese.  But I tend to feel more sympathy to the innocents who were killed in the name of stopping the spread of Communism.  I have relatives that served there, including my Mother In Law who was a nurse in Vietnam.  The brutality is horrible.  Its not a lie, however, its a half truth.  The Southern Vietnamese felt betrayed when we pulled out and left them to the Communists. 

Just like the current incident where 12 marines are facing war crimes charges for murdering innocent men, women and children in Iraq.  These are not lies.  However, they are focused on far more than anything positive the US may have done anywhere in the Middle East. 

The only unfortunate part is that both sides cannot be told here, since posting stories about American GIs doing good in those countries was specifically banned by Rami.

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 4:03pm

Angela, you stated this:

"The only unfortunate part is that both sides cannot be told here, since posting stories about American GIs doing good in those countries was specifically banned by Rami."

WHY?

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic