IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does this site promote hatred of the West  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does this site promote hatred of the West

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 11:59am

Patty,

The True Furqan, Mary in the Quran, Quran and Crucifixion.... these threads were started to try to discredit Islam by supposedly pointing out mistakes in the Quran.

This is not an interfaith discussion, this is a subtle attack. Not so subtle on some fronts.

AliBaba has accused one of the posters of copying from an anti-Christian site, yet I have found the exact wording of some of his posts on an anti-Islamic site. Anti-Islamic propaganda trying to prove that we believe in a false religion.

Why would we want to continue to allow this type of posting?

I have read your posts on other threads, where you state I am Catholic and this is what we believe, that is fine. You are very polite. But when people are introducing topics just to discredit the HOST religion, then complain when a member of that religion does the same, then even you must see that is not acceptible.

Salaams.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 12:07pm

Thank you, Mishmish.

Peace Be With You,

Patty

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 12:41pm

I think the point is we can say what we believe, but we should not bash or shread what another believes.  I would give anyone the right to post their beliefs on my site, as long as they are respectful of everyone else.  Its bad adab on AbRah's part for his behavior.  But, its just as bad for us to constantly point out the errors.  Instead we should be pointing out why we believe what we do.  Angel started the Jesus God or Not to allow a real debate on the issue.  Christians say yes, Muslims say no.....  However, a post devoted to the issue of errors in the Quran with the sole purpose of proving it wrong?  That's a different story. 

As for the West bashing......eh.....our constitution gives me the right to call the president a jerk...why can't they.  However, it does go too far sometimes.  But, this is a religious site and political views are a personal thing.  They cannot force people to take their moderate view or someones left or right viewpoints. 

We should just instead focus on learning and sharing here.  Instead of causing more arguements.

God Bless,

Angie

Servetus View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Servetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 1:25pm

�Does this site promote hatred of the West�

Does this site tend to be disproportionately against the Anglo-American Alliance of neo-cons (and their Evangelical lackeys) and �New Labour� conquistadors?  By the way, have I remembered to say �thankfully?�

Serv

herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Alibaba Alibaba wrote:

her:  I understand that this is a Muslim site, of course, and likewise understand that Muslims believe that someone else was crucified in Jesus' place (contrary to all religious and secular evidence).  Yes, we can debate this issue like cultured and refined people, can we not.  You just made a statement respectfully, and I thank you for it.  However, I would say that the following is simply anti-American hate language:

From Abrah2006's post:

"Was it wrong for the Vietnamese people to kill Americans who invaded Vietnam and massacred millions of innocent Vietnamese people during the Vietnamese War? Have you forgotten how the American troops raped and massacred innocent Vietnamese babies, children,women, elderly people etc during the My Lai Massacre?

Was it wrong for the Korean people to kill Americans who invaded Korea and massacred millions of innocent Korean babies, children, women, elderly people etc during the Korean War?

Is it wrong for the Iraqi people to kill Americans who are invading and plundering Iraq? Is it right for those American troops to torture, rape and murder innocent Iraqi babies, children, women, elderly people etc in Iraq....Don't try to fool me by saying that Bush is liberating Iraq...Bush lie so much so that he and his cronies may invade Iraq...Where are the non-existent WMDs? Nowhere! Hitler used to say that he invaded Europe to liberate Europe! Bush and his allies even imposed economy sanctions onto Iraq that starved millions of Iraqi babies to death!

Is it wrong for the Afghan people to kill Americans who are invading and plundering Afghanistan? Is it right for those American troops to torture, rape and murder innocent Afghan babies, children, women, elderly people etc in Afghanistan?....Don't try to fool me by saying that Bush is liberating Afghanistan...The US forces bomb and bombarded civilian targets killing innocent civilians who don't even know where New York is. Hitler used to say that he invaded Europe to liberate Europe and so does Bush!"

Why do Westerners on this site need to put up with this type of hate speach? This sounds like something out of Al-Qaeda.

Bismillah,

I have seen anti-Western statements that are completely outrageous on this site, in my opinion.  However, I do not count this statement that you posted as one of them.  Just as revolutionary war heros were called rebels and dissidents by the British, Phalasteenee, Iraqi, Afghani, et cetera freedom fighters are all called terrorists and insurgents by the evil Bush regime and others.

Anti-West statements are those which bash all westerners, and the same for anti-East or anti-Pakistani statements.

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Servetus Servetus wrote:

�Does this site promote hatred of the West�

Does this site tend to be disproportionately against the Anglo-American Alliance of neo-cons (and their Evangelical lackeys) and �New Labour� conquistadors?  By the way, have I remembered to say �thankfully?�

Serv

Bismillah,

Yes, thankfully.  I have learned a lot and continue to learn about politics and power playing neo cons (which I still can't quite grasp the full meaning of neo con.)

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:17pm

I would agree with Angela - this is supposed to be a debate of religious doctrines and principles - not another site intended to take shots at the United States (who everybody seems to have no problems taking money from). But I have learned something - it appears from the posts here that many of the Muslims on this site who claim to be residing in the US certainly have a low opinion of that country.  I suggest they get their passports and return to the Middle East or wherever - don't the Yanks have a saying "Love it or Leave it." I quite agree. Other immigrants have gone to America (and some of my own relatives as well), and have contributed to the greatness of that country, defended it's constitutional values, and have benefited greatly from living in the greatest country this world has ever seen. A country, by the way, founded by Christians.

And then there are others who go to America for selfish purposes, who are unable to assimilate, who want to impose their own undemocratic values on the American people.  They are leeches on democracy.  They do the same in Europe.  They use democratic countries which have preserved freedom of speech to spout their illiterate nonsense and revisionist histories.  To say, for instance, that there never was a Holocaust - and that American soldiers pillage and rape.  This is disgusting nonsense - but its you board, so let the whole world see what you allow here.  And, believe me, I'll see to it that they do.

PS:  Then there are those supposedly born in America who detest that great land - well, I suppose you don't detest all the benefits you get.  The welfare programs.  The medical programs.  Shame on you.

Edited by Alibaba
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:25pm

Originally posted by Alibaba Alibaba wrote:

I would agree with Angela - this is supposed to be a debate of religious doctrines and principles - not another site intended to take shots at the United States (who everybody seems to have no problems taking money from). But I have learned something - it appears from the posts here that many of the Muslims on this site who claim to be residing in the US certainly have a low opinion of that country.  I suggest they get their passports and return to the Middle East or wherever - don't the Yanks have a saying "Love it or Leave it." I quite agree.

Bismillah,

My family stole land from the Indians years ago.  I have a low opinion of many things, including American foreign and domestic policies.  (As well as Saudi domestic and foreign policies, but that's another story.) 

I'm a real-live American, maybe just like you.  You could find a plane to live where you came from too.

And if that's Ireland or Scotland, Hey, that sounds lovely to me.

Edited by herjihad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic