IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Does this site promote hatred of the West  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Does this site promote hatred of the West

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Does this site promote hatred of the West
    Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:06am
I find it quite upsetting that one poster here on the Interfaith site is allowed to make horrendous statements against the United States and the West in general.  I thought that IslamiCity did not allow that type of thing.  Also, he is allowed to call the Crucifixion of Christ a "lie," yet the same word "lie" is censored out of another thread  posted by a Christian.  What actually is going on here?  Do your rules regarding "fairness" and such only apply to Muslims? That appears to be the case. Does this reflect the way "dhimmis" are treated in Muslim lands?  Are Christians to be beaten over their heads by these extremists without being allowed to address their insults?  You really need to revise your guidelines so that Christians and other non-Muslims will be aware of the bias apparent on this board.  I don't think many non-Muslims want to be part of a board that allows anti-American rhetoric - especially in this day and age.

Edited by Alibaba
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:20am

The "lie" word has already been removed from the topic, "Crucifixion of Christ a "lie," . Rules are for everyone, and that user has already been warned and edited many times.

And may I respectfully ask you how many violations you made in your  posts. In spite of that you continue to post without being banned. Good Luck

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:26am

Originally posted by Alibaba Alibaba wrote:

I find it quite upsetting that one poster here on the Interfaith site is allowed to make horrendous statements against the United States and the West in general.  I thought that IslamiCity did not allow that type of thing.  Also, he is allowed to call the Crucifixion of Christ a "lie," yet the same word "lie" is censored out of another thread  posted by a Christian.  What actually is going on here?  Do your rules regarding "fairness" and such only apply to Muslims? That appears to be the case. Does this reflect the way "dhimmis" are treated in Muslim lands?  Are Christians to be beaten over their heads by these extremists without being allowed to address their insults?  You really need to revise your guidelines so that Christians and other non-Muslims will be aware of the bias apparent on this board.  I don't think many non-Muslims want to be part of a board that allows anti-American rhetoric - especially in this day and age.

Bismillah,

This is a Muslim site.  According to Muslim theology, there was no crucifixion of Christ, but of a man who Allah made appear to look like him.  For Allah so loved the world that he did not require or accept any human sacrifice to forgive our sins.

Oh, and: No, this site doesn't promote hatred of the West, just acceptance of the truth and respectful dialogue concerning the truth.

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:53am

her:  I understand that this is a Muslim site, of course, and likewise understand that Muslims believe that someone else was crucified in Jesus' place (contrary to all religious and secular evidence).  Yes, we can debate this issue like cultured and refined people, can we not.  You just made a statement respectfully, and I thank you for it.  However, I would say that the following is simply anti-American hate language:

From Abrah2006's post:

"Was it wrong for the Vietnamese people to kill Americans who invaded Vietnam and massacred millions of innocent Vietnamese people during the Vietnamese War? Have you forgotten how the American troops raped and massacred innocent Vietnamese babies, children,women, elderly people etc during the My Lai Massacre?

Was it wrong for the Korean people to kill Americans who invaded Korea and massacred millions of innocent Korean babies, children, women, elderly people etc during the Korean War?

Is it wrong for the Iraqi people to kill Americans who are invading and plundering Iraq? Is it right for those American troops to torture, rape and murder innocent Iraqi babies, children, women, elderly people etc in Iraq....Don't try to fool me by saying that Bush is liberating Iraq...Bush lie so much so that he and his cronies may invade Iraq...Where are the non-existent WMDs? Nowhere! Hitler used to say that he invaded Europe to liberate Europe! Bush and his allies even imposed economy sanctions onto Iraq that starved millions of Iraqi babies to death!

Is it wrong for the Afghan people to kill Americans who are invading and plundering Afghanistan? Is it right for those American troops to torture, rape and murder innocent Afghan babies, children, women, elderly people etc in Afghanistan?....Don't try to fool me by saying that Bush is liberating Afghanistan...The US forces bomb and bombarded civilian targets killing innocent civilians who don't even know where New York is. Hitler used to say that he invaded Europe to liberate Europe and so does Bush!"

Why do Westerners on this site need to put up with this type of hate speach? This sounds like something out of Al-Qaeda.

Edited by Alibaba
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 11:04am

"Why do Westerners on this site need to put up with this type of hate speach? This sounds like something out of Al-Qaeda."

Can you check your language? Can you respectfully make your case? Can you respectfully follow guidelines. Yes, this is warning!

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 11:06am

Alibaba, you're right, you know.  You have two options.  Remain on this site and realize that you are considered an infidel.  The other option is to leave.  How broad are your shoulders?  How imortant is this to you?  You must learn to be humble and accept the fact that you may speak your mind in the topic concerning "Interfaith", but only up to a point.  If you say anything regarding your own faith which directly disagrees with Islam, you will be reprimanded.  So the very title of that forum is used (imo) for non-Muslims to come with the purpose of discussing various beliefs, expecting mature, honest and respectful dialogue, but it is actually an opportunity for Muslims to attack and insult our various religions.  This IS a Muslim website, so you either obey the rules, or remove yourself.  There are no other options.

God's Peace Alibaba.

Patty

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 11:21am

Assalamu Alaikum:

There are non-Muslims who come to the site to learn. They have been here for a long time.

There are others who come here to do otherwise. They are prolysthetizing, trying to bash Islam, or just generally trying to cause trouble.

This is an Islamic site. Why would anyone come here to post their beliefs about Christianity? There are Christian sites for that. Why debate whether your beliefs are right or wrong on a site dedicated to another religion all together? If you cannot accept the fact that Muslims do not hold the same beliefs as you, then why come here and post your beliefs? We are not soliciting them.

Patty, if we edited or deleted or reprimanded every post that disagreed with Islam, none of the recent threads would be on the Interfaith section. We do not believe Jesus is God. We do not believe in the crucifixion. We do not believe the Holy Spirit is God. We do not believe in the trinity. Most of these are not only subjects that we do not believe, but that are blasphemy and shirk to Muslims. Yet, you have been allowed to discuss them.

Posting here is a privilege. If you find it too confining, unfair or "Islamic", you are cordially invited to go elsewhere.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 11:26am

Dear Mishmish,

Can you explain to me the purpose of the Interfaith section?  If we are not really supposed to post what our various churches teach or believe, what are we supposed to post under this topic?  (I'm not meaning to be disrespectful or argumentative, I just really don't understand.)  I realize what our theological differences are.  But what purpose does that topic have?  Please offer me some guidance here.  I thank you.

God's Peace,

Patty

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic