IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Daily Good Deeds  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Daily Good Deeds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Daily Good Deeds
    Posted: 17 May 2006 at 11:30pm
Question :

I hope you can give me some examples of good deeds that we can do every day to increase our hasanaat.

Answer :
Praise be to Allaah.  

If Allaah helps him to do righteous deeds, the Muslim can earn a great deal of reward. 

There are many different kinds of righteous deeds that can be done by rich and poor, old and young, male and female, depending on each person�s circumstances, ambition and energy, after the help of Allaah.  

Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): 

�Whoever works righteousness � whether male or female � while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islamic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision), and We shall pay them certainly a reward in proportion to the best of what they used to do (i.e. Paradise in the Hereafter)�

[al-Nahl 16:97] 

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Hasten to do good deeds before there come tribulations like pieces of a dark night, when a man will be a believer in the morning and a kaafir by evening, or he will be a believer in the evening and a kaafir by morning, selling his religious commitment for worldly gain.�

Narrated by Muslim, 118.

The kinds of good deeds that a person can do every day include the following: 

1 � Praying in congregation in the mosque 

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Whoever goes to the mosque in the morning and evening, Allaah will prepare for him an honourable place in Paradise every time he goes and comes.�  

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 631; Muslim, 669.

2 � Attending funerals and offering the funeral prayer 

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Whoever attends a funeral until he offers the (funeral) prayer will have one qiraat (of reward) and whoever attends until the burial is done will have two qiraats.� It was said: �What are the two qiraats?� He said: �Like two great mountains.� 

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1261; Muslim, 945

3 � SayingLaa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu�l-mulk wa lahu�l-hamd wa huwa �ala kulli shay�in qadeer (There is no god but Allaah alone, with no partner or associate; His is the Dominion, to Him be all praise, and He is able to do all things)� one hundred times each day. 

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Whoever says Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah wahdahu laa shareeka lah, lahu�l-mulk wa lahu�l-hamd wa huwa �ala kulli shay�in qadeer one hundred times in a day, it will be as if he freed ten slaves, and one hundred hasanaat (good deeds) will be recorded for him, and one hundred sayi�aat (bad deeds) will be erased from him, and it will be a protection for him against the Shaytaan all that day until evening comes. No one can do anything better than that except one who does more.� 

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3119; Muslim, 2691.

4 � Upholding the ties of kinship 

It was narrated that Anas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: �Whoever would like his provision to be increased and his lifespan extended, let him uphold his ties of kinship.� 

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5639; Muslim, 2557. 

5 � Observing voluntary fasts, visiting the sick and giving charity. 

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Who among you is fasting today?� Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: �I am.� He said: �Who among you has attended a funeral today?� Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: �I have.� He said: �Who among you has fed a poor person today?� Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: �I have.� He said: �Who among you has visited a sick person today?� Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: �I have.� The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �These (traits) are not combined in a person but he will enter Paradise.� 

Narrated by Muslim, 1028.

6 � Saying Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih (Praise and glory be to Allaah) one hundred times. 

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Whoever says Subhaan Allaah wa bi hamdih (Praise and glory be to Allaah) one hundred times, morning and evening, his sins will be erased even if they are like the foam of the sea.� 

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6042; Muslim, 2691.

7 � Tasbeeh, tahmeed and takbeer, and enjoining what is good and forbidding what is evil, and praying Duha. 

It was narrated from Abu Dharr that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �For every bone of the son of Adam a charity must be given each day. Every tasbeehah [saying Subhaan Allaah (Glory be to Allaah)] is a charity, every tahmeedah [saying al-hamdu Lillaah (praise be to Allaah)] is a charity, every tahleelah [saying Laa ilaaha ill-Allaah (There is no god but Allaah)] is a charity, every takbeerah [saying Allaahu akbar [Allaah is Most Great]) is a charity, enjoining what is good is a charity, forbidding what is evil is a charity, and two rak�ahs offered in the mid-morning (Duha) is sufficient.� 

Narrated by Muslim, 720.

8 � Reading Qur�aan. 

It was narrated that �Abd-Allaah ibn Mas�ood said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �Whoever reads a letter of the Book of Allaah will be credited with a good deed, and a good deed gets a tenfold reward. I do not say that Alif-Laam-Meem is a letter, rather alif is a letter, laam is a letter and meem is a letter.� 

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 2910; he said it is hasan saheeh. Also classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi

And there are many other good deeds. The Muslim should seek the help of his Lord to do good deeds, and do his best to do them. He should persist in doing these good deeds even if they are little, for that is better than doing a lot of good deeds then stopping. 

It was narrated that �Aa�ishah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: �O people, you should do whatever good deeds you can, for Allaah does not get tired (of giving reward) until you get tired. And the most beloved of good deeds to Allaah is that in which a person persists, even if it is little. If the family of Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) started to do something, they would persist in it.� 

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 43; Muslim, 782. 

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A (www.islam-qa.com)
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
fatima View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2006 at 4:53am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Hope you don't mind sis but these ahadith sort of apply to our routine so thought post it here rather than making a new topic x

How great will be the regret of those who waste the opportunity!

1. Preserving the ties of kinship: "Whoever wishes that his provision be increased and his age lengthened, let him maintain the ties of kinship." (Bukhari and Muslim)

2. Performing many prayers in the two noble Harams (in Makkah and Madinah): "Prayer in this masjid of mine is superior to a thousand prayers elsewhere, except for Masjid al-Haram, and prayer in Masjid al-Haram is superior to one hundred thousand prayers elsewhere." (Ahmad and Ibn Majah)

3. Performing prayers in congregation: "Prayer in congregation is superior to praying individually twenty-seven times." (Bukhari and Muslim)

4. Praying 'Isha and Fajr in congregation: "He who prays Isha' in Jama'ah (congregation) is as if he has prayed for half the night. As to him who (also) prays Fajr in congregation, it is as if he has prayed all night." (Malik and the wording is that of Muslim who also reported it)

5. Performing voluntary prayers at home: "Superiority of a man's prayer in his home over his prayer when people see him is like the superiority of an obligatory prayer over a voluntary one." (Bayhaqi, classed as Saheeh by Albani) "The most superior prayer of a person is in his home, except for obligatory prayers." (Bukhari and Muslim)

6. Observing some manners of the day of Jumu'ah: "Whoever Ghassala (washes his head, and it is said: has intercourse with his wife so that it be a means to lower the gaze from the Haram that day) on the day of Jumuah, then comes in the earliest time and before the first khutbah, walks and doesn't ride, stays near the Imam, listens and does not speak - for each step [he makes] he has actions of one year, the reward of fasting and standing in prayer in it." (Ahl as-Sunan)

7. Salat ul-Ishraq: "Whoever prays al-Ghadaa (i.e. al Fajr) in congregation, then sits remembering Allah until sunrise, then prays two units of prayer, has a complete reward of Hajj and Umrah (The Prophet (p.b.u.h.) repeated 'complete' three times for emphasizing)." (Tirmidhi, classed as Saheeh by Albani)

8. Attending lectures in the mosque: "Whoever goes to the mosque not desiring except to learn or teach what is good has the reward of a pilgrim who completed his Hajj." (Tabarani, classed as Saheeh by Albani)

9. Performing Umrah in the month of Ramadhan: "Umrah in Ramadhan is equal to a Hajj with me." (Bukhari)

10. Performing obligatory prayers in the Mosque: "Whoever leaves his home in a state of purity to perform obligatory prayer, his reward is like that of a pilgrim (while) in the state of Ihram ([i.e. he receives reward similar to that of spending time in ihram during Hajj)." (Abu Dawud, classed as Saheeh by Albani) So one should be in a state of purity when leaving one's home, rather than the place for ablution within the mosque, except due to necessity.

11. Being from the people of the first row in congregational prayers: 'Irbad Bin Saariyah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: "The Messenger of Allah (p.b.u.h.) used to seek forgiveness for (the people of) the first row three times, and for (the people of the) second row once." (Nasa'i and Ibn Majah). "Allah and His Angels make salawat upon (the people of) the first row." (Ahmad, with a good isnad)

12. Prayer in Masjid Qubaa' in Madinah: "Whoever purifies himself in his house then comes to Masjid Qubaa' and prays in it has the reward like that of 'Umrah." (Nasa'i and Ibn Majah)

13. Saying what the caller to prayer says: "Say as they say (i.e. callers to prayer), and when you finish, ask and you will be given." (Abu Dawud and Nasa'i) That is, supplicate when you finish repeating after the caller to prayer.

14. Fasting Ramadhan and following it with six days of Shawwal: "Whoever fasts Ramadhan, then follows it with six (days) of Shawwal, it is like fasting all the time." (Muslim)

15. Fasting three days each month: "Whoever fasts three days each month, it s like fasting all the time." (Tirmidhi). This is supported by the verse, "Whoever comes with a good deed for him is a tenfold (reward)." One day being equal to ten days.

16. Providing food for breaking of the fast: "Whoever provides food for breaking of the fast of a fasting person receives the reward of the fasting person, without the reward of the fasting person being reduced in any way." (Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah)

17. Standing in prayer on Laylatul-Qadr: "Laylatul Qadr is better than a thousand months" (Quran 97:3), that is, superior to approximately 83 years of worship.

18. Jihad: "Standing of a man in a row (saff) in the way of Allah is superior to 60 years of worship." (Hakim, classed as Saheeh by Albani) This is the superiority of standing in a row, so what about one who fights in the way of Allah for days, or months, or years?

19. Ribaa: "Whoever takes a post (at borders of Muslim lands, where an enemy may be expected) for a day and night in the way of Allah has the reward of fasting and standing in prayer for a month, and whoever dies in such a state receives a continuous reward similar to it, and is (also) rewarded with provision and saved from al-Fattaan." (Muslim) Al-Fattaan is punishment of the grave.

20. Righteous actions in the first ten days of Dhul Hijja: "There are no days in which righteous deeds are dearer to Allah than these ten (days of Dhul Hijjah)." They said, "O Messenger, even jihad in the way of Allah?" He said, "Not even jihad in the way of Allah, except for the man who leaves with his wealth, and does not return with any of it (life or wealth)." (Bukhari)
21. Frequent recitation of Quranic Soorahs: "Qul Huwa'Llahu Ahad" is equal to a third of the Quran and "Qul yaa ayyuha'l Kaafiroon" is equal to a fourth of the Quran." (Tabarani, classed as Saheeh by Albani)

22. Al-Istighfaar: "Whoever seeks forgiveness for believing men and believing women, Allah will write for him a good deed for each believing man ad believing woman." (Tabarani, classed as Hasan by Albani)

23. Fulfilling people's need: "That I walk with my Muslim brother in (fulfilling his) need is dearer to me than being in itikaf in the masjid for a month." (Ibn Abi Dunya, classed as Hasan by Albani)

24. Dhikr: That I say 'Subhaan Allah, wal-Hamdu li'Llah, wa laa ilaaha ill Allahu wa'Llahu Akbar' is dearer to me than what the sun has risen upon." (Muslim)

"Whoever enters a market and says: 'Laa ilaaha ill Allah waHdahu laa shareeka lah, lahul mulku wa lahul Hamdu yuHyi wa yumeetu wa huwa Hayyun laa yamoot, bi yadihil khayr, wahuwa 'alaa kulli shay'in qadeer' (there is nothing worthy of worship but Allah, He is alone without partner, to Him belongs dominion and praise, he causes life and death and He is the Living and does not die. In His Hand is all the good, and He is over all things competent.) Allah will write for him a million good deeds, erase a million of his bad deeds and raise him a million levels."(Tirmidhi, classed as Hasan by Albani) There are many other words of remembrance which are rewarded abundantly, as is well known.

"There are two blessings which many people lose: good health and free time." (Bukhari)

By: Sulaymaan Ibn Saalih al-Kharaashi
Wassalam
Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2006 at 5:21am
How can i mind sis? You just made this post richer! 
Jazakallahkhairan!

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2006 at 11:35pm

Assalamu Alaikum:

Don't forget to smile:

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "Charity is prescribed for each descendant of Adam every day the sun rises." He was then asked: "From what do we give charity every day?" The Prophet answered: "The doors of goodness are many...enjoining good, forbidding evil, removing harm from the road, listening to the deaf, leading the blind, guiding one to the object of his need, hurrying with the strength of one's legs to one in sorrow who is asking for help, and supporting the feeble with the strength of one's arms--all of these are charity prescribed for you." He also said: "Your smile for your brother is charity." - Fiqh-us-Sunnah, Volume 3, Number 98

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his charity." - Al-Tirmidhi, Hadith 604

Edited by Mishmish
It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2006 at 11:57pm
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 11:20pm

Assalamu Alaikum!

Masha Allah very good list of daily good deeds including "smile is charity".

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic