IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Prophets - Jesus
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Elevation or Crucifixion of Jesus?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Elevation or Crucifixion of Jesus?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
believer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elevation or Crucifixion of Jesus?
    Posted: 01 February 2008 at 6:11pm

When was the likeness interchanged?  The Quran does not say there was an interchange.

[19:33]
Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!

[19:34]
Such was Jesus, son of Mary: (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt.

[4:158]
But Allah took him up unto Himself. Allah was ever Mighty, Wise.

[4:159]
There is not one of the People of the Scripture but will believe in him before his death, and on the Day of Resurrection he will be a witness against them -

[4:157]
And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah�s messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; [because GOD has control over all then it is GOD that causes/allows death] lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; [muslims are in doubt christians are not] they slew him not for certain. 

Edited by believer
John 3
16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2007 at 11:06pm

So I've heard a story that says that since Jesus never died.  He is still alive till this day.  I also read somewhere that Jesus will decend, murder Dajjal and live the rest of his life on Earth.  Is this true?  If so, where is it specifically discussed?

One other question.  Did Jesus get married before Allah took him.  If that is the case, is it acceptable for a Muslim man to not get married till the age of 34 and can this said man use this example so his friends will lay off him when the topic of marriage is broached?

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2007 at 6:55am

Patty:

Please take part in interfaith section by opening a thread on this or  in existing relevant thread, if any. This section is not for interfaith dialogue.

Peace

Oh, I am sorry, peacemaker.  I was just reading along throught the topics and didn't realize.  Please accept my apologies.

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2007 at 5:11am
Originally posted by Patty Patty wrote:

If Jesus had not been crucified AND especially resurrected there would be no Christian/Catholic religion today.  This is the basis of our religion.  If Jesus had just disappeared, it would have proven His promise of resurrection was false, and he would have been disregarded as a phoney.  Such was not the case.

Best Regards!

Patty:

Please take part in interfaith section by opening a thread on this or  in existing relevant thread, if any. This section is not for interfaith dialogue.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2007 at 5:04pm

If Jesus had not been crucified AND especially resurrected there would be no Christian/Catholic religion today.  This is the basis of our religion.  If Jesus had just disappeared, it would have proven His promise of resurrection was false, and he would have been disregarded as a phoney.  Such was not the case.

Best Regards!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
niqab_ummi View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niqab_ummi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 December 2006 at 1:53pm

Assalamu'Alaikum,

Insha'Allah this reaches everyone in the best of Imaan....

I just wanted to add from Israfils posting before continuing with my post that "Yes" the Romans were very well organized....

I have a Islamic story book that is a wonderful resource for any muslimah/muslim but a very great asset when you have a family...My children have read it and we've read it together it's called: Stories of the Prophets and is written by: Sayyed Abul Hasan Ali Nadwi.

For the Prophet Isa(AS) it goes into great detail about the surrounding events that lead up to the Roman Court deciding on the death sentance as well as explaining at what point Isa(AS) assended to Jannah and why his followers were mistaken in thinking he was crucified....

Insha'Allah you can find the book at almost any Islamic books store online I got our copy several years ago but they still carry it at: www.islamicbookstore.com

you might also find it at your local masjid library I know they have a copy at our masjids childrens library.......MasSalaama

Umm Abdelkhalek
salman_s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman_s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 11:14pm

Originally posted by Israfil Israfil wrote:

I didnt know they had "police' in Roman times LOL

police does not necessarily mean today's police who has a gun

police means somebody who does policing

read the oxford dictionary israfil.....you need to improve your english and grammar.....

Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2006 at 10:38am
I didnt know they had "police' in Roman times LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic