IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - what do u prefer?Intelegence or beauty  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what do u prefer?Intelegence or beauty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 7:19pm

1 a (1) : the ability to learn or understand or to deal with new or trying situations : REASON; also : the skilled use of reason (2) : the ability to apply knowledge to manipulate one's environment or to think abstractly as measured by objective criteria (as tests)

1 : the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit.

The Qur�n in Surah Shu�raa (v74), describes the prayer of the pious in the following manner: �Oh our lord! Grant us wives and offspring who will be the joy and comfort of our eyes.� The explanation of the above verse is clearly illustrated in the beautiful words of Nabi (Sallallaahu �layhi Wasallam) (as narrated by ibn Abbaas) �The best woman (wife) is the one whom, when you look at her she pleases you.

Thus, I�ll take beauty, as intelligence can (sometimes) be learned.

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 7:39pm

abuayisha-

The joy and comfort of your eyes mean that you love her when you look at her, not that she is beautiful. She is a comfort for you. It does not say she is a sexy supermodel. Even if a woman is beautiful and a man is handsome, they will both change over time. Most men lose thier hair and get fat around the middle. Womens bodies change after having children.. True love means you appreciate each others hearts and personalities and your knowledge. Everyone should try to take care of themselves and look thier best. I expect my husband to stay slim, dress nicely and look good. But as he greys and gets older, I love him just the same, because of who he is. Part of that is his intelligence.

You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 7:43pm
Thank you.. but you cant find abstract answers in a book which also has the definition of "Doh!"

And I dont think THis

Quote The best woman (wife) is the one whom, when you look at her she pleases you.

was refering to physical appearance.. though I agree.. Beauty is better than intelligence usually.. but there are also different kinds of beauty. A girl can be Hot, just because she is also crazy enoupgh to jump out of airplanes over and over again.

and You cant learn intelligence.. you're either capable of grasping abstract ideas and applying them.. or you're not. Intelligence is the measure of speed in which you can learn and apply. The pretty dumb blonds become models or mothers at 21-24.. where as the smart blonds play with nukes, satellites and write books.
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 7:45pm
well there you go.. jenni said it better than me....

but beat me by 5 minutes as I was typing..
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 12:22am
Originally posted by Angeldesire Angeldesire wrote:

whatever Allah gives me i am happy with it

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 4:37am
Intelligence or beauty....Both are from Allah, we can only make an effort to "enhance" it as much as we can. Good grooming and good reading 

Brother Salman, you have said well........Alhamdulillah for whatever Allah gave us!

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 6:23am
Originally posted by salman salman wrote:

Originally posted by Angeldesire Angeldesire wrote:

whatever Allah gives me i am happy with it

Bismillah,

MaShahAllah!  JazzakAllahKhayr!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2006 at 12:21pm
You know, why shouldn't one be preety but also have a brain?If you don't have a good working mind, how are you susposed to make good choices in life? Beauty and intelligence should go together. If you are not preety, make an effort to try to look and smell good. And if you are a little upside down in your brain of yours, get some knowledge. Hamduallah we are all different but we should try to look nice and be somewhat intelligent for our partner in life. Its up to all of us on what we want to do in our lives. Have a great day everybody! Salam!
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic