IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I don’t appreciate the topic being closed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I don�t appreciate the topic being closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I don�t appreciate the topic being closed
    Posted: 09 May 2006 at 12:55pm

Bismillah,

NO!  Children!  You can't agree to disagree and discuss it here at Islamicity!  ESPECIALLY the sisters!!!  Oh, no.  You must maintain decorum rather than rules in this space whether you think it is appropriate or not.

I one hundred percent felt the discussion was important and relevant and going somewhere.   Human beings need to work things out.  It' s not always daffodils and roses on the way to understanding and communication.

(In reference to:  Halal music topic)

Edited by herjihad
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 3:38am

Assalamu Alaikum!

First of all, I appreciate your concern.

It is sad that that thread had to be closed. Well, we can take steps to ensure that that doesn't happen again. How? Let us all follow guidelines.

Yes, hardships will be there on the way in any discussion. At the same time, we also have to remember that any form of personal attack on any forum user will be considered a serious violation. It is easy to verify as to how many times violations were made in that respect alone.

As repeated over and over again, topic should be discussed with Islamic Adab. Agree or disagree with Islamic Adab. But, there should be no personal attack whatsoever. As long as discussions take place with Adab following guidelines, there is no problem. There are many threads that remain untouched because of compliance with guidelines.

We may not agree on many things Sister. That is how we are for whatever the reasons. But, at least we can show respect to our fellow Brothers and Sisters and fellow forum users while disagreeing.

Now I am going to say something that is not necessarily relevant to the thread in question. It has been noticed over and over again that some users like to mock at ahadith. In this connection, whether or not, a hadith is authentic, it should not be mocked. You may just respectfully disagree with a hadith without making fun of that because many users at the forum love, respect and follow Qur'an and ahadith ( Qur'an and Sunnah ) in the same breadth.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Danty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 6:31am
Dear Sister Herjihad,
I agree with you 100 percent. Many times when I do post, people put words in my mouth. I did pm one of the Sisters and explained to her why I wrote what I wrote. Sincerly Um Yasin

Dear Peacemaker,

Yes, Quran and Hadith should not be tampered in any way. And they are the ones that we live our life by. But when a sister puts a hadith on the post we all should understand the meaning behind it. None of us are personally atacking each other, we are trying to let our brothers and sisters understand what is right and what is wrong. I and most of the members here want good for each other. This is a part of LIFE to discuss our religion!
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 6:33am

Bismillah,

Dear Sister Danty,

JazzakeeAllahKhayr for your astute post!  Ma'shahAllah Alaykee!

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 8:07am

Assalamu Alaikum!

Danty:

"None of us are personally atacking each other, we are trying to let our brothers and sisters understand what is right and what is wrong. I and most of the members here want good for each other."

I appreciate your point of view. However, I receive PMs of users, and most of them get offended by that kind of discussion that took place in that thread for whatever the reasons (I have already made clear in my previous post ).

Therefore, for the sake of Allah, let us stop that. Period.

And I hope that you all will help me do my job as a moderator just as I was welcome at the time when I had become moderator.  I am a busy person,  and have many other things to deal with in life. Therefore, I hope you all will show some respect and compassion to this brother or a fellow human being.

Or at least comply with guidelines.

Peace

Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 10:29am

Have i missed something????...

National Guard of Islamicity (NGOIC,Brother Suleyman-The main horse rider)

-ArabianKnight- View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -ArabianKnight- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:10pm
Yeah.. I was reading that thread too... It was getting pretty Catty in there... a classic clash between eastern vs western muslims... and they justify their position using scripture and such etc.. which always ends up this way.

It was a good topic. Music is a skill... God doesnt punish you for learning other skills... writing? drawing? unless you use them for some evil purpose...

But this goes to show - that if you complain enoupgh .. you can make anything happen. Get a topic closed just because you dont like what somone is advocating.
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:23pm

Hi -ArabianKnight:

"But this goes to show - that if you complain enoupgh .. you can make anything happen. Get a topic closed just because you dont like what somone is advocating."

The primary decision of closing the topic was based on the violation of guidelines as I mentioned in the first post in this thread. I only mentioned general complaints received on a regular basis in my second post in reponse to Danty's post.  

Thanks for your input anyway.

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic