IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Comments & Complaints
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I don’t appreciate the topic being closed  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I don�t appreciate the topic being closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I don�t appreciate the topic being closed
    Posted: 21 May 2006 at 9:26am

Originally posted by DavidC DavidC wrote:

Herjad, why not just start a new thread when a particular discussion  degenerates?  It might be wise to wait a while or change context but there are few forbidden topics here. 

Closing a thread is simply the moderator's way of asking us to please quietly reflect on the topic in private before bringing it up again in public.  It is not censorship; it just a way of maintaining decorum in the household.

And Alibaba...if someone chopped off your head, would we be able to see any difference at all in your postings?   I think the real Alibaba would use his password "OPEN SESAME" to enter IslamiCity, borrow a jewel or two from the cave of riches, and then "CLOSE SESAME" and bring the jewel back to his family's treasury.  I think you are overlooking the gems and filling your pockets with turnips.

Dear David,

The point is that I had started another thread and they closed that thread.  I hesitated to start yet another feeling that too might be discarded.  I have started many threads that have been discarded, so I guess topics that I consider important really aren't allowed according to IC's rules. 

I do appreciate a forum rather than a room full of people because it allows me to reflect on things before I post them.  It amazes me when people don't seem to take advantage of this distance to take a deep breath and reflect!

Peace

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2006 at 1:58am
Herjad, why not just start a new thread when a particular discussion  degenerates?  It might be wise to wait a while or change context but there are few forbidden topics here. 

Closing a thread is simply the moderator's way of asking us to please quietly reflect on the topic in private before bringing it up again in public.  It is not censorship; it just a way of maintaining decorum in the household.

And Alibaba...if someone chopped off your head, would we be able to see any difference at all in your postings?   I think the real Alibaba would use his password "OPEN SESAME" to enter IslamiCity, borrow a jewel or two from the cave of riches, and then "CLOSE SESAME" and bring the jewel back to his family's treasury.  I think you are overlooking the gems and filling your pockets with turnips.
Christian; Wesleyan M.Div.
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:43pm

Originally posted by Alibaba Alibaba wrote:

Well, considering how Muslims chop off the heads of Muslims who want to convert to Christianity, I'd suppose that anything you say about democratic ideals is rather tainted.  Taa Taa!

Bismillah,

I know a lot of Muslims, and I don't know anyone who has ever had his head chopped off or chopped anyone else's head off.  Democracy leading to idealistic lifestyles is overated as is your opinion of your opinion.

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 2:13pm
Well, considering how Muslims chop off the heads of Muslims who want to convert to Christianity, I'd suppose that anything you say about democratic ideals is rather tainted.  Taa Taa!
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 1:57pm

Bismillah,

Wa yak.

But I don't like this policy.  It's quite disconcerting.

peacemaker View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peacemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:38am

Assalamu Alaikum!

herjihad: Don't you think it would have been more polite to answer and say thanks for the alert?

Normally all posts are deleted starting from original ( sick ) to ones responded. This also goes as per the guidelines ( Rule 8 ). One individual had posted similar posts in many forums couple of days back. In future, it would be better to report as you did this time instead of starting another thread.

Jazak Allah Khair, Sister, for alerting.

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herjihad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2006 at 10:21am

Bismillah,

This is the same yet a different topic.  Guys, what happened with the "Pak" thing by soccer idiot?  Why did you delete MY post which merely alerted you guys about it and didn't delve into the depths of degradatory details involved?????????  Don't you think it would have been more polite to answer and say thanks for the alert?

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 11:50am

Assalamu Alaikum:

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic