IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional > Asia-Pacific
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - East Timor - Religion or Greed?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

East Timor - Religion or Greed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: East Timor - Religion or Greed?
    Posted: 08 April 2005 at 12:22pm

Indonesia is the most populated (212 million) and predominantly (87%) Muslim country. East Timor was one of 13,000 islands, which makes Indonesia.

According to former US ambassador to Indonesia, Edward Masters, Indonesia did more in 35 years to develop barren, infertile East Timor than Portugal did in four centuries.

Indonesia allocated development funds to East Timor at a rate six times the national average. In 1975, less than 10% of Timorese were literate, there were only 50 schools, and no colleges. By 1994 East Timor had 600 elementary schools, 90 middle schools and three colleges. Under the Portuguese East Timor had only two hospitals and 14 health clinics. By 1994 there were 10 hospitals and nearly 200 village health centers. In 1975 it had 20 km hard surfaced roads, by 1994 there were 500 km. The number of Catholic Churches in predominantly Catholic East Timor quadrupled under Indonesian rule

But Christian separatist rebels Fretilin supported by world churches played Muslim-Christian religious card and continued to resist Indonesian rule, and offshore oil discoveries made matters worse.

"Australian oil technicians say that the Timor seabed could yield some of the world's most productive oil fields," reported the Multinational Monitor. A treaty was signed in 1989 by Australia and Indonesia. Australia needs this oil, and since its separation from Jakarta, massive revenues have been reported flowing from East Timor to Australia with no relief for ordinary citizen.

Know your enemy!
No time to waste. Act now!
Tomorrow it will be too late
What You Don�t Know Can Kill You

semar View Drop Down
Male Islam
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote semar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 5:10pm

Rehmat (or anybody),

Do you have the source, my friend want to write a serious article about it. If so plaease let me know.

Salam/Peace,

Semar

"We are people who do not eat until we are hungry and do not eat to our fill." (Prophet Muhammad PBUH)

"1/3 of your stomach for food, 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by semar semar wrote:

Rehmat (or anybody),

Do you have the source, my friend want to write a serious article about it. If so plaease let me know.

My article is not 'copy & paste' from one source - but your friend can get much more information - he/she doesn't mind believing in Muslim viewpoint.

http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=5446873&pageid=r &mode=ALL&query=east+timor

Know your enemy!

abuayisha View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Muslim
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote abuayisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 7:59pm

Greed At Core Of Indonesia's Timor Problem

by Enver Masud

http://www.twf.org/News/Y1999/0922-Greed.html

kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2005 at 7:36pm

We don't _need_ their oil - they (the East Timorese) do!

Our government is trying to steal most of the gas reserves from the Timorese and it's an absolute disgrace.

Kim...

From Australia, but at least I can hold me head up and say I didn't vote for the theives running this country.

Rehmat View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rehmat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 6:25am
Originally posted by kim! kim! wrote:

We don't _need_ their oil - they (the East Timorese) do!

Our government is trying to steal most of the gas reserves from the Timorese and it's an absolute disgrace.

Kim...

From Australia, but at least I can hold me head up and say I didn't vote for the theives running this country.

Well like ordinary American - you may not need Timorese oil but the rich Australian vultures do need it - just as 80% of Indonesian oil output is still leased to US multinational corporations. 

And how they blamed Indonesian Muslims for terrorism in Bali and Australian Embassy bombing?

http://www.vialls.com/myahudi/embassynuke.html

Internet is a great tool to find the truth behind western propaganda.

Know your enemy!

kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 10:13pm

http://www.vialls.com/myahudi/embassynuke.html

What the...????????????

This is insane. Muslim extremists in Indonesia don't like Australia. We don't have problems with other Muslims. Not even those in Indonesia. We know they are fair and reasonable like anyone else. Some people hate us because we (eventually) helped liberate the East Timorese. Everyone knows that. but let's face it - we helped the East Timorese get into trouble in the first place and did nothing about it for a very long time.

Bimey, next you'll be trying to tell me it was Israel who paid and organised the Saudis for 11/9.

Kim...

Edited by kim!
kim! View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kim! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2005 at 10:22pm

Zionists caused tsunami!

http://www.vialls.com/cia/oss_earthquakes.html

Yeah, right...

Kim...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic