IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Humour
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus is Watching You  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus is Watching You

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 9:19am

Blast it all....I hate being the old fuss budget here, but I can't help myself.  I love my dog.  He is not unclean...he's cleaner than a lot of people, and he NEVER would eat his vomit (or anyone else's).  This is a big one for me guys.  So I just have one more thing to say....then I'll let it go.  Okay?  Please humour me for a minute here.  'Cause we really need to put things into their proper context, biblically speaking.

The dogs of Jesus� day were not well-mannered lap dogs, but wild dogs that lived on the streets, eating that which was discarded and unclean. At times this included dead bodies (1 Kings 14:11; 21:19-24). In offering meat to an unclean dog one might well get bitten in the process. They were not so well-mannered as to avoid �biting the hand that fed them.�  And so although one dare not be overly critical of others (verses 1-5), neither is he to be so naive as to not distinguish between those who are open to the truth and those who oppose it.

Jesus followed His own counsel when He ceased speaking openly to those who accused Him of using demonic power (Mark 3:22ff.). When Christ sent out His disciples to proclaim the Kingdom of God He instructed them, �And whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake off the dust of your feet� (Matthew 10:14). Likewise, this was the practice of the apostle Paul (Acts 13:44-51; 18:5,6; 28:17-28).

Thus, while we must initially proclaim the gospel universally and indiscriminately, there comes a time when we must mark those who are hardened to the truth and cease our efforts to convert them and press on. This does not necessarily mean that such persons may not be saved in the future. The apostle Paul may well have been in the category of a dog (or a hog) before his conversion. Only the power of the Spirit of God can transform scoffers into saints.

It was the tradition/culture of the time to which Jesus was referring.  He loved animals....I KNOW He did.  He was the Good Shepherd.  He was willing to lay down His life for His sheep...and He is often pictured holding a lamb.  There is the bible verse which refers to the lion lying down with the lamb.  He created animals!  And he did this for a purpose.  Okay, I'm finished now.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic