IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > Humour
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jesus is Watching You  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jesus is Watching You

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jesus is Watching You
    Posted: 30 May 2006 at 9:19am

Blast it all....I hate being the old fuss budget here, but I can't help myself.  I love my dog.  He is not unclean...he's cleaner than a lot of people, and he NEVER would eat his vomit (or anyone else's).  This is a big one for me guys.  So I just have one more thing to say....then I'll let it go.  Okay?  Please humour me for a minute here.  'Cause we really need to put things into their proper context, biblically speaking.

The dogs of Jesus� day were not well-mannered lap dogs, but wild dogs that lived on the streets, eating that which was discarded and unclean. At times this included dead bodies (1 Kings 14:11; 21:19-24). In offering meat to an unclean dog one might well get bitten in the process. They were not so well-mannered as to avoid �biting the hand that fed them.�  And so although one dare not be overly critical of others (verses 1-5), neither is he to be so naive as to not distinguish between those who are open to the truth and those who oppose it.

Jesus followed His own counsel when He ceased speaking openly to those who accused Him of using demonic power (Mark 3:22ff.). When Christ sent out His disciples to proclaim the Kingdom of God He instructed them, �And whoever does not receive you, nor heed your words, as you go out of that house or that city, shake off the dust of your feet� (Matthew 10:14). Likewise, this was the practice of the apostle Paul (Acts 13:44-51; 18:5,6; 28:17-28).

Thus, while we must initially proclaim the gospel universally and indiscriminately, there comes a time when we must mark those who are hardened to the truth and cease our efforts to convert them and press on. This does not necessarily mean that such persons may not be saved in the future. The apostle Paul may well have been in the category of a dog (or a hog) before his conversion. Only the power of the Spirit of God can transform scoffers into saints.

It was the tradition/culture of the time to which Jesus was referring.  He loved animals....I KNOW He did.  He was the Good Shepherd.  He was willing to lay down His life for His sheep...and He is often pictured holding a lamb.  There is the bible verse which refers to the lion lying down with the lamb.  He created animals!  And he did this for a purpose.  Okay, I'm finished now.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
enes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:18am

Originally posted by AhmedNagi AhmedNagi wrote:

Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatu Allahi Wa Barakatuh,

its good to be humourous and have a laugh. i neer said that patty doesn't
love Jesus. But irrelevant of who said the joke, i still think its offensive.
Yes jesus probably had a sense of humor but i dont think he would have
liked someone joking about naming a dog after him. as a matter of fact i
dont think any person would like to hear a joke spread around about
calling a dog after him or after his father or mother. i know i wouldnt. the
way i see it, its just like those cartoons that were drawn about
Mohammed... Mohammed had a sense of humor but i dont think he
would have liked those cartoons very much.

absolut agree with you again...

AhmedNagi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmedNagi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 7:27am
Al Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahamatu Allahi Wa Barakatuh,

yeah dogs can be wonderful creatures but they are also looked at as
lesser creatures. i dont need to remind you that in the bible itself, an
example can be found where dogs are described as creatures that go
back to lick their vomit.
anyway this comment is not only for u but also for all the muslims here
who took part in it and whom know very well that in islam, it is prefered
not to let a dog in the house because it makes it unclean and that we
believe angels wont enter the house if there is a dog in it...
anyway im not trying to make a big debate out of this...this is something
that i see unfitting for a holy prophet and ive pointed it out...its up to the
rest to take it or leave it...im not the one who's going to be judging
anyone...theyll have to answer to someone else for it...
ive made my point clear and ive got nothing more to say about that. im
not planning to reply to this thread again
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2006 at 4:36am

I have a wonderful dog named Ridge.  He knows when I'm sad and lays his soft head on my knee.  If I cry, he follows me around the house and "whistles" because he's sad too.  He waits right by the door until I return, when I have to go shopping.  He is one of the most innocent, pure animals on this earth.....GOD created him too, remember?  He created everything, all the plants, animals, and (probably wishes now he hadn't) human beings.  My dog has more affection and sympathy in his wagging little tail than many human beings have in their entire bodies.  NO, the Jesus I know and love would have not been offended in the slightest by having a loving person name their favorite pet after him.  Quite the contrary.  Obviously I worship, understand, and love an entirely different Jesus Christ from the one you honor.

Peace and WISDOM to all,

Patty

Patty

AhmedNagi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmedNagi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 11:51pm
Salamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatu Allahi Wa Barakatuh,

its good to be humourous and have a laugh. i neer said that patty doesn't
love Jesus. But irrelevant of who said the joke, i still think its offensive.
Yes jesus probably had a sense of humor but i dont think he would have
liked someone joking about naming a dog after him. as a matter of fact i
dont think any person would like to hear a joke spread around about
calling a dog after him or after his father or mother. i know i wouldnt. the
way i see it, its just like those cartoons that were drawn about
Mohammed... Mohammed had a sense of humor but i dont think he
would have liked those cartoons very much.
Suleyman View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Suleyman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 10:28pm

Al Salaumu Alaykum Wa Rahmatu Allahi Wa Barakatuh,
with all due respect guys, i dont think its a good idea to bejoking about
naming a dog after a holy prophet. I find that as offensive as joking about
a person calling his dog Muhammed...
don't want to be a party pooper but thought this should be pointed out...

If we the teller of the story is devoted person who knows the real meaning of the name and gives worth then she can tell these kind of stories,brother i do not think that these words are offensive bcs said by Patty,all we know who is Sister Patty and how she loves Jesus(a.s.) which we admire her feelings,if one tells and i do not know about her then i can think that she might say bad things?,but no way to Patty....Please value the words from the high level references,wa salaam....

Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2006 at 5:35pm

I respectfully disagree with you.  There is NO ONE on this forum who loves Jesus Christ any more than I.  However, in His humanity he also had a sense of humor.  (He was human, so I'm sure He laughed and had the occasional "clean" joke.)  As a Roman Catholic I would be the very last to ever disrespect Christ.

How sad that any innocent topic can be twisted by some into a source of evil.  And just look at how many people found laughter and a moment of joy in this INNOCENT joke!!!!

Peace and Wisdom to All,

Patty

enes View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 6:33am

Al Salaumu Alaykum Wa Rahmatu Allahi Wa Barakatuh,
with all due respect guys, i dont think its a good idea to bejoking about
naming a dog after a holy prophet. I find that as offensive as joking about
a person calling his dog Muhammed...
don't want to be a party pooper but thought this should be pointed out...

Absolut agreee with You..........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic