IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Halal Music?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHalal Music?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 7:56am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

Im sure no one meant to offend others, its our duty as a muslim to say what is best without judging any1, im sure when some1 says bout how high tahjjud is with our Lord or how Allah swt likes those who spend in His way. they are not saying that people who dont do them are wrong doers, saying all that both these things are optional.  Music to most of scholars is haram, there are very few who differ but even if it was allowed but not liked, u cant blame another muslim to encourage some1 to come to better stance.

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 10:32am
There is nothing wrong to want better for your brother or sister in Islam. But it is also important to notify them what is haram and halal. Every hadith that Rasoulilah noted had a condition why the hadith was given. It is noted that it is forbidden to play wind instruments. It doesnot say all instruments.

Sister Amah, when you said,"I am really surprised that some people totally negate a hadith!! isn't it clear in the hadith?" Yes, it is clear hadith but do you know under what circustances it was in? I don't negate any hadith. Please donnot say that we negate hadith. And in no way do I want to disobey my Lord. There are strong and weak hadith. I go by the strong ones. But why can't muslims focus on Quran and sahih hadiths instead of taking verses and twisting them.
Oh, well, it is your own life. We all have our opiniions. I just feel that many people make many things haram which is not. May Allah forgive us. UmYasin

Edited by Danty
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Danty Danty wrote:

Yes, it is clear hadith but do you know under what circustances it was in? I don't negate any hadith. Please donnot say that we negate hadith. And in no way do I want to disobey my Lord. There are strong and weak hadith. I go by the strong ones.

That hadith is from Sahih Bukhari. Can you prove it that it is weak??

But why can't muslims focus on Quran and sahih hadiths instead of taking verses and twisting them.

Are you accusing me for twisting Allah's verses???? Now you are going too far sis...

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic