IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Halal Music?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHalal Music?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 7:40am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

brother salman mentioned guidelines for listening to music, can i have those please?

in my little knowledge there are only two instruments which are allowed in islam, one is duff and other i can remember what its called, the thing which gives trebble sort of sound

islam forbids anything which results in immodest behaviour, another basic rule which is also worth mentioning is that islam forbids any thing which could lead upto forbiden thing. now one of basic reason behind ruling music haram is the HIGH that it gives u. u tend to enjoy it to extent u forget bout stuff around u, people who listen to violen compositions would know what im talking bout.  A person is in a normal mood and u listen to sad composition ur mood changes and other way round too, islam tells us to b patient on befall of calamity not go deep down in depression, n when u r happy over some blessing be humble, dont go to a music concert and start jumping up and down. 

there are ways n manners that Allah swt has given us which we need to follow staying in our right state. a very good example of effect of music could be seen on little kids, u put any music with any wording they getup and start swaying, thats what makes it haram

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
Alwardah View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 11:08am

As Salamu Alaikum

Sister Fatima, this is also one of those issues where there is difference in opinion amongst the scholars.  Brother Salman will post some articles I am sure.

It is also very sad that many Muslims claim that Sister Yvonne Ridley has been brainwashed, since her views on Hijab and other matters are in line with the Sunnah of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alayhi wa Sallam). I found that to be so anyway- my personal view.

Wa Alaikum Salam

�Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An�am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 11:20am
Use of musical instruments (except duff) is unlawful according to the above mentioned hadith....Allah knows best.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 7:45pm
Dear forum members,

1st: There are certain instruments that can be used and some that is prohibited. It does not say that all instruments are prohibited. If you make a noise beat on the wall, is it haram? If you beat a drum and sing about Allah(SWAT), is it haram? NO!
2nd: Did you all forget about the hadith, when there were sisters singing during Eid and the Prophet(SWAT) let them?
3rd Yes, those muslim women who were in that audience should have conducted themselves Islamically.
4th Yes, Sami Yusuf should ask them if they are proud of being muslim instead of being so bloody British.
5th There are many muslims who listen to nasheed and donot act as those women did.
6th What is wrong with listening to music about Islam? Nothing, it is not prohibited! Let those women ask themselves about their own actions. It sure is not mine. Hamduallah.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Danty Danty wrote:

Dear forum members,

2nd: Did you all forget about the hadith, when there were sisters singing during Eid and the Prophet(SWAT) let them?

They were young girls, not mature women. ( I read in the tafseer by Aisha (RA). ) Besides singing on eid and weddings is allowed for women.

And nothing wrong in nasheeds, singing praises of Allah. But did the Prophet(saw) or the sahabas arrange concerts for islamic songs?

Allah knows best.
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Danty View Drop Down
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 9:18pm
Dear Sister Amah,

Yes, I know that they were girls who were singing at that time in the hadith.
About the concerts, I am sure they didn't have those kinds of concerts during the time of our beloved Prophet. Allah knows if they had gatherings among brothers and sisters with sisters. (separately)
I just feel that if a brother should have some sort of concert, it should strictly be based on Islamic manners and rules. Also, I would not my own daughter acting like a moron in front of anyone; concert or otherwise. I pray that all of us are away from any type of Jahilliya. May Allah protect all of us from ignorance of our religion Islam.
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said "Be kind, for whenever kindness becomes part of something, it beautifies it.Whenever it is taken from something, it leaves it tarnished." (IMAM BUKHARI)
herjihad View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 6:02am

Bismillah,

In the world I live in, most Muslims I know listen to the radio, watch tv including videos and have music at parties such as the engagement party and wedding.

Anybody else on this board familiar with real life?

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
ummziba View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 11:25am
Originally posted by herjihad herjihad wrote:

Bismillah,

In the world I live in, most Muslims I know listen to the radio, watch tv including videos and have music at parties such as the engagement party and wedding.

Anybody else on this board familiar with real life?

Assalamu alaikum,

Yes, real life, Sister.  But just because many are doing such and such and they are Muslims, does that make the thing correct in the eyes of Allah?  This is the question we all need to consider....

Peace, ummziba.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but your words...they break my soul ~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic