IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Forum Fast  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Fast

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 12:22pm

Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

Your labelling me as self-righ�teous  and narrow-mindedly moralistic is very peaceful

I am peaceful, but I don't like veiled threats from those who feel they are in authority over the people.

There is a no god but Allah.

You took a good deed and turned it into a fight. You did that. And now you veiled your "very peaceful " statement to accuse me of breaking the peace.

That is not nice and it is not appreciated.

If you can't play nice, I'll have to take away your marbles.

Edited by blond
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 12:49pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

Originally posted by blond blond wrote:

You took a good deed and turned it into a fight. You did that.

A good deed was supported by a quranic statement that did not square it.

If I were to say quran shld be used with care etc, I dont know if it will mean anything to you. However, peopel come here to take information, thus what is posted shld be sound.

I was so far being very peaceful to you.

I said "you may also provide evidence that these verses imply to a general order for a voluntary fast as you suggest."

To ask for evidence is Islamic.  It is not a fight, as you want to put it.

If one cannot provide evidence, for a "good deed", it may not be followed.  - to mention such a thing is also not a fight.

If there seems to be a discrepency in your post someone should point it out, if you dont like it, that is your problem.

I am peaceful, but I don't like veiled threats from those who feel they are in authority over the people. 

You are not peaceful Blond. There is NO threat in my post and no expression of feelings. You want to see it, and you want to fight about it.

Edited by Nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
IslamicGirl View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IslamicGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 2:05am

Salams blond..

I'd love to participate in fasting, but i'm sick right now.. and on medication.  I hope all goes best for all involved!

Insha Allah, i'll be better to fast in the month of Rammadaan.

*Islamic Girl*
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 5:56am
Originally posted by IslamicGirl IslamicGirl wrote:

Salams blond..

I'd love to participate in fasting, but i'm sick right now.. and on medication.  I hope all goes best for all involved!

Insha Allah, i'll be better to fast in the month of Rammadaan.

I pray you will be better soon.

Parenthetically, I find that eating one meal per day, with no snacks in between, provides a general level of good health and spirituality. I find that one meal every two days allows me to hardly ever be sick mentally, physically or spiritually. I also find that a diet consisting of living vegetables and fruit improved my health over when I ate the dead meat of animals. The level of my consciousness was literally raised from a dead level to a living perpendicular in actual terms.

Although there are times when this preventative approach will not help, due to our lifestyles and diets, medicine definitely is no cure for our ills, and we suffer from the side effects of taking them.

I hope this helps you.

Edited by blond
blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 8:54am

Originally posted by Nausheen Nausheen wrote:

You are not peaceful Blond. There is NO threat in my post and no expression of feelings. You want to see it, and you want to fight about it.

Since you cannot be in peace with me, and I seem to bother you, don't speak to me. And I will respond in kind.

I, however, am fasting for the unity of the Muslim Ummah, whether you want me to fast for unity or not. And, InshAllah, my sacrifice will be acceptable to Allah.

blond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 12:45pm

I have fasted one day so far, and I have also been blessed to give money to the homeless on the street. This made them receptive to the word of Islam. 

I pray for success for all who can participate for this three day fast.

I will see you all on Monday, if not before.

As-Salaam Alaikum.

Edited by blond
Nausheen View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 4:48pm

Auzubillahi minash shaitan ir rajeem,

Bismillah ir rahman ir rahim,

... and I seem to bother you, don't speak to me. And I will respond in kind.

I, however, am fasting for the unity of the Muslim Ummah, whether you want me to fast for unity or not. And, InshAllah, my sacrifice will be acceptable to Allah.

Some of your the messages on certain subjects did bother me.

If you don't want to talk, that is your choice, but I wont change myself.  If I read some ideas conflicting to the aqeeda in general, I will speak up. I cannot let crooked ideas being transpired, without the other side of the coin having been presented.[This is being said in reference to the other thread]

May your fast be for the sake of allah alone,  may you earn His good pleasure and nearness thru your ibadah, insha allah. May you learn humility and illumination of heart, and may you receive guidance. Ameen.

Maa salaama.

Edited by Nausheen
<font color=purple>Wanu nazzilu minal Qurani ma huwa

Shafaa un wa rahmatun lil mo'mineena

wa la yaziduzzalimeena illa khasara.
[/COLOR]
Dandarawi Anas View Drop Down
Starter
Starter
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dandarawi Anas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2005 at 7:38pm
Assalamualaikum. Well, fasting is for Allah, not for unity or whatever...but if you fast, Allah will hear your pray or doa, inshaAllah...and thre's no evidence in Quran or Sunnah to do that kind of fast. we, the ummah cannot create any ibadah that not directed to us by Quran or Sunnah. so, if anybody wants to fast, make sure it is stated in the Quran or Sunnah. You can fast in Monday and Thursday as it has stated in Sunnah..and pray a lot for the unity of Ummah because the fast is the ibadah between you and Allah, but the pray is for to ask Allah whatever good thing you like. If every Muslim pray to Allah to unite the ummah in their fasting, may Allah answer the doa. wassalam.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic