IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Sincerity  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sincerity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatima Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sincerity
    Posted: 04 May 2006 at 8:46am

Bismillah irrahman irrahim

Assalamu alaikum

May Allah Azza wa Jal bless us with his true guidance, ameen

just heard this amazing true story and had to share it with every one. I am not sure how many of you have heard about Maulana Tariq Jamil, He is a very popular scholar in Pakistan, Its about how his life changed from a normal ordinary muslim to a sincere believer.  Maulana Tariq Jamil said that one day he was on his way to or from home and he passed by a graveyard. he said he could smell this amazing smell coming from the graveyard.  so he went in to see or check what it was and to his amazement it was coming from a grave. so he asked people about whose grave it was and they told him that it was an old man died recently and they told Maulana his address (now im not sure whether he thought some one used this on the grave or that it was coming from the grave). so he went to this person's house and there was only an old lady(wife) there, now Maulana asked her bout the scent of the grave and the old lady did not know anything so Maulana asked her how her husband was religiously.  She replied that he did not know much bout religion as he was not an educated man, he only know how to perform salah and all his life he was not able to learn to read Holy Quran but then she said one thing I know I saw him do from the first day of our marriage till the last day of his life.  he used to pray fajar and after that open Holy Quran and put it in his lap and then he used to trace each line with his shahadah finger and at the end stop and say 'without a doubt my lord, whatever u said here is haqq' and on the next he would say 'without a doubt my lord, whatever u said is truth from u' and that was his daily practise.

Maulana tariq jamil said that sincerity of this person and how Allah Azza wa Jal made it known changed his life

SubhanAllah, I pray that Allah swt grants us all a sincere and sound heart, ameen

for people who can understand urdu, there are few of his speeches on www.darsequran.com but mind u he is quite a strict scholar, im sure sis abeer would like him but its not arabic or english but i could translate for u

wassalam

Say: (O Muhammad) If you love Allah, then follow me, Allah will love you and forgive you your faults, and Allah is Forgiving, MercifuL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic