IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Basics of Islam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rule for divorcee  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rule for divorcee

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rule for divorcee
    Posted: 04 May 2006 at 1:13am

from Al Ghazzaly "The Alchemy of happiness" inside chapter name: "Marriage as a help or hindrance to the religious life".

The greatest care should taken to avoid divorce, for, though divorce is permitted, yet God disapproves of it, because the word "divorce" causes a woman pain, how can it be right to pain anyone? When divorce is absolutely necessary, the formula of it should not be repeated thrice all at once but on three different occasions.

A woman should be divorce kindly, not through anger and contempt, and not without reason. After divorce a man should give his former wife a present, and not tell others that she has been divorce for such and such fault.

Of a certain man who was instituting  divorce preceeding against his wife it is related that people asked him: "Why are you divorcing her" and he replied " I don't reveal my wife's secret". When he had actually divorced her, he was asked again, and he said: "She a stranger to me now; I have nothing to do with her private affairs"
-------end------

Also I remember a Khadith where the Prophet, which roughly said:
"
Do not reveal what you do in your bedroom to the public, for if you do it - is the same as if you do it in the public"

If you are a divorced please stop revealing it to the public and it is not our bussiness to know it. If someone asked you about it just answer it as above and keep silence no matter what interest or damage you will get, your ex wife or ex husband is a stranger now. If any of you genuinely need to complain do it in private and gain nothing from it except to find a common ground, nothing else.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic