IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Zohar, Kabbalah and Muslims  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Zohar, Kabbalah and Muslims

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Zohar, Kabbalah and Muslims
    Posted: 02 May 2006 at 8:12am
I'm wondering if Muslims have any knowledge of the "Zohar" which is a book commonly used by Jews, or the kabbalah?  Christians feel that these books are occult, do Muslims agree with this?  What is your opinion about these books?
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 8:36am

Ali Baba,

I would say that Muslims do not have much knowledge of the Zohar and the Kabbalah. However, please note that the book Zohar is not commonly used by the Jews.

While the Torah is factual, the Zohar and Kabbalah are more into philosophy spun on and on. An average Jewish mind will understand Torah very easily but the Zohar, certainly not. Too much philosophy in there.

To put it in simple words it is the job of some Jewish Sufis!  

I can't stand intellectual masturbation.

Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 8:46am
Thanks for the reply.  Interestingly, the Zohar is used quite often by hassidic Jews, especially those of the Lubavitcher sect.
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 8:48am

Ali Baba,

Before I go to bed, one request.

Please look for me if the Rabbi, who wrote the Zohar, has explained the philosphy behind the son of the slave woman and the free woman, Essau and Jacob and other incidents explained.

In the case of Issac and Ishmael, I can understand the discrimination. but in the case of the two children, Rebecca's own twins belonging to Issac of the other Covenant, I would like to see what went wrong with the twins fighting in Rebecca's womb, continuing their fight to the extent that Jacob was holding Essau's heels while coming out and later was forced to give up his birth right for a bowl of red soup. 

By the way, Jacob means the one hanging to heels or clinging onto heels, while Essau means the hairy or red.

Please see if the Rabbi has explained this prejudice in the beautiful philosophy of the Zohar.

BR & Good Night

BMZ

Alibaba View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alibaba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 12:30pm
Well, I'll try to find that answer for you BMZ, although I don't personally have a copy of either the Zohar or kabbalah.
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 6:12pm

I read a book about Kabbalah early last year, sorry can't remember it's name but it still here somewhere. I walk along with almost all ideologies that penned in it, as though I was reading my own life. Put it simply I am doing in real life for what most of it's teaching. Befriendly, cheerful, forgiving, charities etc. I do these in life, so too milllions and millions people around the globe unnoticed.

Yes Ali baba, if you have time read it. Not only that, infact read any book that interest you while you are still free. Time will come when you don't have time to do it. Without enough knowledge on your own you must nod to those who have one, that is the rule that can not be broken.

Andalus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andalus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2006 at 9:35pm

Originally posted by Alibaba Alibaba wrote:

I'm wondering if Muslims have any knowledge of the "Zohar" which is a book commonly used by Jews, or the kabbalah?  Christians feel that these books are occult, do Muslims agree with this?  What is your opinion about these books?

I would say that some Jewish groups study it. Others consider it to be nothing more than a Medieval writing that is extremely symbolic such that its actual meaning is blurred. I would say that much of it is based upon ideas that the Jews picked up in their various "diaspora". The book has no meaning in Islam.

Peace

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
Kaaba Allah View Drop Down
Starter.
Starter.
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaaba Allah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2016 at 1:32am
Some people have no clue at all.

You asked a honest question, "do Muslims believe in Kabbalah?" I shall give you an honest answer: We pray 5 times a day towards and facing the "Kaaba" and we pray to "Allah". Kaaba, Allah? Put them together, recognize something? My brother our Kabbalah and our Quran have been around way before the Zohar even existed.

The Kaaba was built by Abraham himself, in case you didn't already know and its said to be where Adam first prayed and submitted to his lord. It's located in exactly the center of the world at the ratio 1,618.

There are a lot of hidden secrets in the Quran, you just need to be pure in order to connect and to able to understand them. You need to develop a 6th sense, a good intention and you shall see.

Research my brother. Don't let your life be ruled by a rabbi, shiekh or pope. Research my brother.

We are all brothers and sons of Abraham, let us unite.

Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QPY1e0mb1E

I don't care what religion you are, your still my brother!

Edited by Kaaba Allah - 28 March 2016 at 1:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic