IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AIDS and Prostitution in Muslim World  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AIDS and Prostitution in Muslim World

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amanzar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 9:15am

I didn't even know Mosques weren't like that.

Naive on my part, I suppose.   I've been to Mosques all over the East Coast of the US and mostly they do serve as community centers.

I don't know exact Hadith, but I know the Prophet (SAW) said that our first priority is to our families and our second is to our communities.  So participating in such activities is a form of worship in itself.

It doesn't make sense to me why the Mosque wouldn't be a community center anywhere.  I guess you learn something new everyday.

Hayfa View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hayfa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 10:06am

I did not know this! Can you give me some reference pls?

It was on a show on PBS called the Secrets of  the Dead. A brief written synopsis is on their web site.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/case_plague/

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by Hayfa Hayfa wrote:

I did not know this! Can you give me some reference pls?

It was on a show on PBS called the Secrets of  the Dead. A brief written synopsis is on their web site.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/case_plague/

jazakallahukhairan!
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
BintWill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BintWill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by ummziba ummziba wrote:

Assalamu alaikum,

Brother Salman, I think you have to realize that there is a huge gap in the way Muslims are supposed to act (Islam) and the way they actually do act (reality).  While it is comforting and nice to think that all Muslims follow the Qur'an and Sunnah and behave in morally upright ways, the reality of that is that many do not. 

Closing our eyes to the spread of H.I.V./Aids in the Muslim world is not the way to stop the spread.  Saying it isn't so won't stop innocent wives (or husbands) from getting this terrible disease from their "straying" spouse. 

Education is the key.  People must be made aware of how the disease is spread and what to do if they have it.  And most of all, people must quit closing their eyes to this terrible thing and quit dying of shame in a society that won't accept that the disease is quickly spreading through it.

I mean no offense to you Brother, I am only trying to convey a truth that you don't seem to accept yet.  Please forgive me if I have offended you.

Peace, ummziba.

Ameen! Many issues are affecting this ummah, which we chose to sweep under the carpet--domestic abuse, racism, poor treatment of women, homosexuality, homelessness...please stop blaming the West!  Even Saudi is running rampant with prostitutes...imagine that fully covered yet selling your bodies...Numerous maids are raped on a daily basis in Saudi as well, by the men...Let's stop pretending the East is a safehaven, and address the issue.

Edited by BintWill
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic