IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AIDS and Prostitution in Muslim World  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AIDS and Prostitution in Muslim World

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smanzoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 12:38am

Dear Everyone

The statistics can be misleading and often completely incorrect.

India has a population of above one billion. Despite its recent progress it is a poor country. Majority of people live below or around the poverty line. Which means they donot have access to basic health facilities, education and awareness, food etc...

Every city in India has its redlight district(s) and sex is a cheap commodity and often the only source of entertaintment. The most risky group of people are the migrant workers, truch drivers, addicts etc.

If you put these together the risk is quite high.

Read this article http://t8web.lanl.gov/people/rajan/AIDS-india/MYWORK/HIV_poo r_future.pdf

Best Regards
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_
To prosper, promote your Muslim community
Clear Vision Pakistan
smanzoor View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smanzoor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 12:47am
Originally posted by mohammad mohammad wrote:

According to the above ranking no Muslim country is falling in this list. Am i right? Al hamdullaha. 

More numbers from African countries, very informative posts by the Administrator & semar.

Brother Mohammad

If no Muslim country is on the list, one of the reasons may be lack of available statistics. Generally such information are suppressed. Imagine who would go to Dubai or Bahrain if they discover the real figures.

As my original post suggests, I personally think that the risk is high. Unfortunately in their drive for progress, some of the middle-east countries have opened the flood gates for any kind of behaviour. Infact they use the lure of sex as a marketing tool.

Best Regards
To prosper, promote your Muslim community
Clear Vision Pakistan
superme View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 2:42am
So I was right about a country in Africa with 40% of it's population infected. Too many in percents to be called coincidence.
salman View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 4:44am

why are you members giving statistics of HIV/AIDS in India? india has the 2nd largest population in the world. muslims in india constitute about 15% which is masha Allah increasing every year.

dear members, we are not talking about HIV/AIDS in India. the topic is about HIV/Aids in muslim world. 

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
mohammad View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohammad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2006 at 6:42am

Just now I noticed in the above static�s if I am not wrong these static�s showing the all of countries, which are suffering, in the high percentage of HIV disease from African Continent non of any country falls in this list from American, European & Asian Continents.

In spite of this fact that in westerns & American countries existing the large Nos. of prostitutions, & the people have more freedom of the sex, without any kind of moral restrictions.

Smanzoor some how I agree with you.

amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 12:23pm
I agree too with brother smanzoor's comments.

Regarding India, If population is high, percentage of infected people also increases! Prostitution is big business everywhere, even in india. Middle east too is no exception.

There is no "islamic" country today, besides ,even in Saudi , you will find prostitution, only difference, it is undercover.

Subhanallah, all the statistics given by you people make me depressed...

Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 9:48pm
I wonder how men think they will be forgiven for going to a prostitute on the day of judgement. Especially when they are married, I mean really, what are they thinking? And how could any man with one bit of respect pay a woman for sex??? Really, she has no attraction, interest or care for you at all. She only wants the money, or she is forced into prostitution and has to have sex with you. And what man with any dignity would have sex with a woman that is having sex with multiple men daily. It really boggles my mind and disgusts me totally. Men that go to prostitutes are seriously mentally impared, stupid, and deserve whatever disease they get. It is only thier wife or future wife that is the victim, the men deserve to drop DEAD!!!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
amah View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2006 at 10:32pm
Flesh trade is no doubt sick. Women are tortured and forced into it, what's the men's excuse????
Allah is Sufficient as a Walee (Protector) and Allah is Sufficient as a Naseer (Helper).
(Surah An-Nisa, Chapter #4, Verse #45)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic