IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Culture & Community > Groups : Men (Brothers)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - My maleness is down the drain...  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My maleness is down the drain...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 5:01pm
No intentional offense here but this sounds like a bunch of young
kids..... Mishmish and others here have always told me how much older
they are and from what I see here sounds like a bunch of adults who had
suddenly morphed into small children. heard this rant before in the
playgrounds and this is so funny! Who cars who does what in what
category? I don't care who started it and who is trying to finish it. The
more you discuss it the lower your adult maturity lowers. So keep
talking....

Too bad the topic got derailed.......
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2006 at 10:57pm
I entered this discussion because brother foody was mentioning some uneasiness about being a man.  I defended the existence of men saying that men have made many contributions to society.

What did I get for standing up for my own sex?  I got castigated by women, calling me a misogynist.  I was personally insulted.  Aside from Mishmish, everyone that argued against me made personal attacks on me and barely touched the surface when trying to deconstruct my arguments.

I believe that any fact is debatable and especially this issue is not childish.  Gender differences is a relevant topic.  I believe the childishness was displayed, when certain members made reference to my personal life, which was of no relevance to the issue at hand.

Israfil, I respect your decision to not enter the fray, but I don't think it right to call all those involved in this discussion childish.  It's easy to judge people when you are not involved in a debate.  I'm sure North Americans pride themselves on calling the Israeli/Palestine conflict childish, because they have nothing at stake and can take this objective/elitist perspective. 

Jenni View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 9:27am
Megatron, I have no problem with men being confident strong leaders. As long as they don't put down  women in the process.  Women have not been given the chance to reach thier full potential in many parts of the world. When they do get the chance they do very well in many fields. It does not have to be a competition, they world needs more intelligent educated people men and women. ANd there is no way to prove men are smarter than women, no matter what you may believe!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2006 at 5:53pm
Megatron you said:

>>>>>>>>I respect your decision to not enter the fray, but I don't
think it right to call all those involved in this discussion childish.�
It's easy to judge people when you are not involved in a
debate.<<<<<

Megatron befoe I reply let me say that I dig your transformers
picture.........

Now, on to what you said above. Actually my comments were
not aimed specifically at you actually. My comments were
gared more towards the words that I've read that sounded
childish. Megatron as an accomplished individual one of the
life lessons you learn in a working environment is that people
will do and say things that are unfair. I understand as well as
respect your ambition to defend your sex but in actuality what it
boils down to ultimately is an opinion. Polls although accurate
in some categories generally are ranges to make estimate on,
they are not always reliable.

You cannot poll every single person in the country because its
not always possible because of different variables. although
there are some strong and weak points in both sexes we
shouldn't argue who is better at what. For example I suck at
Math but I excelled in logic (in Philosophy of course) studied
and took the LSAT for the Hell of it and scored really high........

Philsoophically speaking I'm one hellava opponent to debate
against and not too many women (if any) can debate with me
on most issues. HOWEVER I have my weak points in a lot of
areas that I could learn from women. Megatron again I
understand your frustration and yes its not right that people
make personal attacks toward you, however you must also look
at how people are responsive to your statements as well.

I have learned here that even if you make one harmless
comment some other person may take it offensively. It doesn't
matter if you were trying to be funny or sarcastic, opinions will
always offend someone. the best thing is to brush it off. I have
failed many times in doing that here but I'm learning. Actually
the best thing to do is to fight back with intelligent dialetical
means which I can see you have tried to do. But in respect with
some of the things you have mentioned you even made me as
a guy say WHOA! Although I laughed, if I were a female I'd be
pissed.....

BTW judgement is not reserved for us Bloody Yanks but every
human does it, I just didn't do it here. I was summarizing what I
basically read.....I didn't judge you specifically per say.

Edited by Israfil
Megatron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megatron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 8:12pm
Israfil,

Thanks for the advice.   I agree that I should not take the insults hurled at me  personally.  I guess I'm to used to the polite academic environment instead of the real world.

If you scored high on the LSAT, why didn't you become a lawyer instead of a policeman?  Oh wait, I get it, you DON'T want to go to hell.  That was offensive...sorry.  Personally speaking, I'd love to be a policeman, but I've been busted for possession so many....I've said too much.

With regard to your other statements, and also what Jenni said I agree I am making generalizations.  I will admit there are thousands of women who are smarter then me in math and science.  I know a few of them.  However, I used to do a lot of biomedical research back in the day and what you learn from that is that nothing is ever clear cut and absolute, but certain trends do exist.  Some mice respond to drug A and some mice don't.  That doesn't mean drug A is not effective.  Did you know that antidepressants are only 25% more effective than placebo?  I digress.  I was trying to point out that the trend throughout human history is that men have dominated in many fields.  Of course you'll have women and men who don't follow this trend.

I was trying to discuss this fact but people just hurled insults at me, so like most people, instead of backing down, I got more passionate about my argument.

Edited by Megatron
Israfil View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 9:48pm

Megatron you are not actually at fault for anything, as a scientist I'm sure you know its natural to feel that way....I thought I was the one who is the most passionate about defending the male "species." I read all the insults hurled at you and see now that I opened my big motuh here they are gone!

Why didn't I become a lawyer? The very same reason which you just mentioned! I'd rather be called "pig" and "doughnut" cop than be a great lawyer and lie all the time then eventually go to Hell! LOL Just kidding. With all honesty Megatron my arrogance in my intelligence actually got me through the LSAT! after the test Baylor Law School as Well as other such as ASU wanted me to attend their schools but I just decided to be a cop because honestly I want to be a selfless person because I truly care about people.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic