IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - sex 4sale  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

sex 4sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

"all new to me, (and utterly alien to the Christian mind) do you have any quranic references for this? "

Actually Fred, the different levels of heaven are mentioned in the Bible:

2 Corinthians Verse 12: I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

Not so utterly alien...

and in the Quran:

65:12 Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His Command: that ye may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah comprehends, all things in (His) Knowledge.

still i cannot find any idea of progressing up through the stages of heaven after you die in any of the references you give

for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 11:01am

"he did not destroy them because he loved them.  thats a simple enough answer, but is it logical?  i dont know and i dont care - is love logical?

he also had the means in place whereby he would, in his grace, redeem his fallen creation"

No logic here at all. God had absolutely no problem destroying sinners at any other time. He destroyed everyone except for those on the arc. He destroyed everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah. He ordered Joshua to slay every living thing. God killed the first born son of every Egyptian because Phaorah would not free the Israelites.

Didn't God love these people?

God loved Adam and Eve so much that even though they were the only two humans, He let them live after disobeying Him so that the rest of mankind born after them would carry the stain of original sin and face destruction or the hellfire? Not to mention, NEVER fulfilling the purpose of their creation to begin with.

Why not just banish Adam and Eve form Eden and allow the rest of mankind to remain there until each person sinned individually?

Fred, just think about it.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
Patty View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 11:26am

I just have two things to say, Mishmish, regarding a portion of your above post, where you mention that Tony Blair is Catholic.  He is not.  His wife is, but he isn't.  (Not that it really matters.)

Also, Catholics also believe deeds, or works, are very important as far as our salvation is concerned.  It is essential to our salvation that we are good stewards.  We are saved through the Grace of God by faith, when we repent of our sins, but we are also reminded of these words in Matthew 25:34-40 -- 'Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.' 37 Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? 38 And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? 39 And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?' 40 And the king will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.'

God Help Us All,

Patty

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 11:41am

Patty,

I'm sorry if I was mistaken aboout Tony Blair. I read in an article that he held this position. I have read that he attends mass every Sunday and that his children are being raised Catholic.

Our deeds and actions must count toward salvation, how could they not? This would explain why there are so many Catholic charities. Islamically we believe that charity is necessary, but ideally it should be practiced in secret so that we avoid the temptation to feel pride.

Fred:

"still i cannot find any idea of progressing up through the stages of heaven after you die in any of the references you give"

In the original post I said perhaps that was part of the journey. How will we know until we are dead and, God willing, of those in Paradise. Perhaps it is not. I don't know. But I do know that there are different levels of Paradise, just as Christians, it appears, believe so too.

It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what is essential is invisible to the eye. (The Little Prince)
fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 2:17pm
i do not know about blairs religion, but mish said he was anglo-catholic, in other words, not roman catholic
for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Mishmish Mishmish wrote:

{If things are not as God meant them to be, and His creations are other than as God created them, then you are saying that God is not in control?

"no"}

Fred, if God is in control, then things are as they are meant to be. There can logically be no other meaning to this sentence.

well if things are as they are meant to be, how come all you muslim guys and babes are doing your dawa stuff to change things?

God created us imperfect with free will and the ability to commit sin. If He had not created us this way, Adam and Eve could never have sinned. It would have been an impossibility. Adam and Eve could NEVER have done something that God did not give them the ability to do. He created them, they could only do what He allowed them and gave them the ability to do. They sinned, therefore God gave them the ability to sin. He created them that way.  If you disagree with this statement, then prove to me how any thing that God has created can do something other than what God has given it the ability to do.

well you have a problem here i would say.  you are saying that the ability to commit sin and having free will is imperfection.  but, if they did not have the choice to sin, how could they have the choice to obey God?  ----- i maintain that adam and eve were created perfect, in human terms (this is not the same as divine perfection, of course).  Christ could never sin, as he is God.  but adam and eve were perfect human beings, having free will.  you seem to think that a perfect human is some little clone running about the planet

This does not mean that God created people specifically to sin, God created people to be viscegerents of the earth, but He created us with free will and the ability to choose to sin or not. We must make that choice. We are responsible for the choice we make.

God knows who will go to the hellfire and who will go to Paradise, but we decide that ourselves with our actions and our deeds. God knows everything that we will do and every choice that we will make, He is God and knows everything. However, we still have to make those choices. God does not make people choose evil. God just gave us the ability to choose for ourselves. God did not tell any man to spit in the Prophet's face, but God knew that man would make that choice. God MEANT for us to have the choice. If mankind was never to know sin, or fall from grace, or be imperfect, we never would have been given the choice of free will.

this last sentence is illogical.  adam could still have chosen to obey God, and not sin, and still have had free will 

So it is grace through faith that saves you, not your deeds, even though God has said that all will be judged according to their deeds and what is written in the book.

indeed it is, and i have already spoken of the books at the judgement

Yes, it's true. Muslims believe that no man knows his fate, only God knows. No man has a monopoly on God's Grace, nor access to God's Wisdom or Omniscience. No man can know the future or what their fate will be on the Day of Judgement. That is why we must strive to do as many good deeds and help as many people as we can, while we can. Because once you start thinking you are going to heaven without having to work for, you get lazy.

so how do you know youre on the right path, if you dont know the destination?

Mishmish View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mishmish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 5:01pm

Main Entry: 1per�fect
Pronunciation: 'p&r-fikt
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English parfit, from Old French, from Latin perfectus, from past participle of perficere to carry out, perfect, from per- thoroughly + facere to make, do -- more at
DO
1 a : being entirely without fault or defect : FLAWLESS

As sin is clearly a defect, Adam and Eve could not have been perfect. They sinned.

"you are saying that the ability to commit sin and having free will is imperfection.  but, if they did not have the choice to sin, how could they have the choice to obey God?"

I am not saying that that Adam and Eve are imperfect because God gave them free will, I am saying they are imperfect because they chose sin.

"If mankind was never to know sin, or fall from grace, or be imperfect, we never would have been given the choice of free will.

this last sentence is illogical.  adam could still have chosen to obey God, and not sin, and still have had free will "

But Fred, you said yourself it is in our nature to sin, so the only way to avoid this part of our nature would have been to create us without the choice. 

You are missing the point here. God knew Adam and Eve would fall, if that were never meant to happen He would never have given them the choice. You are right, Adam and Eve could have chosen not to sin, but because they were not perfect, they sinned. God knew this would happen, but He gave them the choice anyway. Because it was meant to happen.

"well if things are as they are meant to be, how come all you muslim guys and babes are doing your dawa stuff to change things?"

Are you purposefully missing the point here? Or do you just not want to concede? Once again, if any of God's creations are doing something other than what God gave them the ability to do, then prove it.

"so how do you know youre on the right path, if you dont know the destination?"

We do know the destination. We just have to make sure we do enough to please God to ensure He allows us entry. We can never be 100% sure, so it is our life's work to try to do enough good deeds and avoid the bad deeds so that on the Day of Judgement we do not fall short.

Edited by Mishmish
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2006 at 11:49pm

Fredi,

Have you completed the sale or not yet?

BR, Mate

BMZ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic