IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Stories - How I Became Muslim?
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - from Roma  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

from Roma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Female
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nausheen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: from Roma
    Posted: 08 March 2005 at 8:32pm

Topic:perhaps........... (1 of 4), Read 72 times

Conf: Islam: How I Became Muslim

Date:Sunday, November 21, 2004 03:56 AM

this is something i wrote on the path to gaining confidence to enter this amazing site...

perhaps growing up in atheist postmodern society-encouraged me to give in to disrespecting my body-my mother my teachers my Creator my soul-yet even as a child that existence didnt taste whole-perhaps its irrelevant met my father at sixteen-4 years on still cant count everywhere ive been-running so fast forgot what i was escaping-replaced projected drowned out;new city may cure everything-perhaps every wrong step really did make me stronger-sins cutting so deep cant contain them much longer-such answers drugs days diagnosises depression-truth hurts, couldnt trust myself enough to love anyone-perhaps pointless loving lights music money a mere test-somehow ended up with Muslim smiles truer than the rest-impressed with their honesty fundamental respect-dont punish oceans of tears dont ask and dont expect-perhaps i want too much, more familiar with pain-but i'm too young lived it too long screaming never again- and i know i know nothing and inevitably go to far-yet perhaps i'm stopping running
perhaps all thanks belong to Allah.

Topic:perhaps........... (2 of 4), Read 67 times

Conf:Islam: How I Became Muslim

Date:Sunday, November 21, 2004 06:34 AM

hello,for the moment my name is derek, i am converting to Islam soon ,then i wll be a muslim and my name will Mujahid.

Topic:perhaps........... (3 of 4), Read 70 times

Date:Sunday, November 21, 2004 12:28 PM

On 11/21/2004 6:34:00 AM, sherekhan wrote:
>hello,for the moment my name is derek, i am converting to Islam soon ,then i wll be a muslim and my name will Mujahid.<

As salamu alaikum (peace be upon you). May Allah be with you and continually guide you along your chosen religious path (Islam).

As a revert to Islam myself, I suggest before you take the shahada (declaration of faith) or VERY SHORTLY THEREAFTER, you learn about ghusl (Islamic bath) and what is fard (obligatory in Islam), and how to do perform it.

The reason I say this is you'll need to make ghusl after the shahada (and before performing fard prayers). What's sunnah (whether it be recommended or highly recommended) is great to learn once you're comfortable enough with the fard (obligatory) in Islam. Don't overwhelm yourself. A hadith (saying of the Prophet SAW) says religion is to be easy, not hard... and if the Messenger of Allah (SAW) was given the choice between something hard and easy, he'd choose the easy way.

Again, may Allah be with you and make your path an easy one. Maa salama.

Topic:perhaps........... (4 of 4), Read 67 times

Date:Monday, November 22, 2004 09:42 AM

salam allay kum-
mujahid/derek-
thanks for your reply. i was really nervous about posting anything here but have been visiting the site for a looong time. i have studied Islam as an 'academic
'subject for a long time, know what i would have to do to become a muslim and have found a lot of guidance in the prothets(pbuh) hadiths .....i wondered where you are and how you came to find Islam?

my only problem is with me and my faith///

thanks again for your reply and good luck in your path

Edited by Administrator
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic