IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How is Jesus Both God and Human?  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How is Jesus Both God and Human?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Israfil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 7:24pm

That is the exact reason why I used those very examples brother...Hence the saying:

In no way I'm defending Christian theology when it comes to the divinity of Christ, but Shams certain things you have mentioned can be refuted and even be contradictory

If you wish to have a better example to clarify what you're saying then that would be appropriate

fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2005 at 7:50pm

I think you guys are daft to try to use mere mans wimpy words and logic to blaspheme god. as blaspheme it is to say 'god can't...' and 'god won't...'.

Consider the paradox  :"monosyllabic is not monosyllabic". This has nothing to do with god but has everything to do with the paucity and poverty of mans languages and concepts. The flaw is not in god but in man.

F

Shams Zaman View Drop Down
Male
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shams Zaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 1:29pm

Dear Brothers

These arguments aere for those who use stupid questions to prove that God can come in the form of Human. Certailly God has power over all things and He do whatever He intends to do. But God is the Greatest and His attributes are so pure and sacred that to do anything which is against it is out of Question. He is Just and He is above all. So it is against His greatness and grace that He takes Human form or give preferance one Human Race over all other regardless of thier deeds. As most Christians in the first and Jews in the later case think. He is beyond our preception and vision and it is unlike of Him to act as normal Human beings and it is blasphemous to ask such silly questions in Respect of God. That's why I gave example of the three questions which are extremely stupid and are extensively used by Christian missionerys in Pakistan atleast. So I clarified that nowhere Quran says that God do everything. He do whatever He intends to do and He do what is among of His attributes. He will never take human form, He can not and will never do unjustice and he will never do which is an un-Godly act.

Shams Zaman   Pakistan  

fezziwig View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fezziwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Shams Zaman Shams Zaman wrote:

He will never take human form, He can not and will never do unjustice and he will never do which is an un-Godly act....

Sigh. Another blaspheme attempting to limit god based on mans poor and inadequate perceptions.

F

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 April 2005 at 4:01pm
God does commit what appears to be injustice to us. Ref. the Prophet Job
(Ayoub).

DavidC
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 12:58pm

DavidC,

Would you blame God for a faulty human perception (mostly through satanic inferences) or would you believe in Him to be "All Just" and let those unclear phenomenas as they are; rather than speculating about them. Again the same principle "follow what is known and leave out what is based on conjectures" would answer all such questions. Rest Allah knows the best. 

DavidC View Drop Down
Senior  Member
Male Christian
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 April 2005 at 2:39pm
I try to believe God simply does what he wills and leave out conjecture,
but in real life I always end up looking for a logical reason.

Two themes keep recurring in these ruminations:
1) When God seems unjust or illogical it is an opportunity to build faith.
2) Death may not be the negative experiece we are so afraid of.

DavidC
AhmadJoyia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AhmadJoyia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2005 at 4:20pm

DavidC,

As for your first theme, it reminded me of some verses of Quran 18:55-59, they are:

"[55] And what is there to keep back men from believing, now that guidance has come to them, nor from praying for forgiveness from their Lord, but that (they ask that) the ways of the ancients be repeated with them, or the Wrath be brought to them face to face?

[56] We only send the Messengers to give glad tidings and to give warnings: but the Unbelievers dispute with vain argument, in order therewith to weaken the Truth, and they treat My Signs as a jest, as also the fact that they are warned!

[57] And who doth more wrong than one who is reminded of the Signs of his Lord, but turns away from them, forgetting the (deeds) which his hands have sent forth? Verily We have set veils over their hearts lest they should understand this, and over their ears, deafness. If thou callest them to guidance, even then will they never accept guidance.

[58] But your Lord is Most Forgiving, Full of Mercy. If He were to call them (at once) to account for what they have earned, then surely He would have hastened their Punishment: but they have their appointed time, beyond which they will find no refuge.

[59] Such were the populations We destroyed when they committed iniquities; but We fixed an appointed time for their destruction. 

Also, there is a very interesting story in Quran starting at 18:65 about prophet Musa's encounter with a stranger (probably prophet Khizar) that gives some indication of how there are many different ways of looking at the same thing depending upon how much one knows about them. Hopefully you enjoy it.

Regarding your 2nd theme, for muslims death should never be negative experience as its just one step forward to meet God. That is to say when this exam is over (i.e. life on earth), hopefully one might have earned enough "grade" to qualify for the heaven rathter than the hell. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic