IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Ask Dr. Aslam
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Muslim man marry a Sikh Girl  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Muslim man marry a Sikh Girl

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Starter.
Starter.

Female Sikh
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SK_10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Muslim man marry a Sikh Girl
    Posted: 08 October 2022 at 3:06pm
I am a Sikh woman who is in love with a Muslim man. We were aware that seeing each other was haram and have since parted ways because of this. This has been incredibly difficult for the both of us. We both wanted to marry each other but also care deeply about the consequences of this for ourselves, our family and our religions. We have been praying for guidance and for there to be a way for us to both be together without me converting to Islam. I deeply respect Islam, and Sikhism is a monotheistic religion that has many similarities to Islam in both their beliefs and what is written in the Sikh Holy Scripture as well as the Quran. The Sikh holy book also has the writings and teachings of Muslims. I would like some clarity. What are the reasons for why Muslim man cannot marry a Sikh woman when their faith is very similar? What would it mean if his parents and my parents agreed to a marriage? He worries that he will burden his parents if they did not marry him Islamically. Despite the barrier of religion, if we married and honoured this marriage in the ways that we should in our roles as husband and wife, could the sin of this marriage ever be forgiven? I would honour his faith and raise our children to be Muslim. Is this permissable? We will both keep praying for there to be a way for this to happen. We do not wish to be with anyone else and cannot see beyond this. It is painful to bear but we keep praying for strength. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic