IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Islam for non-Muslims
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Beautiful Dhikr  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Beautiful Dhikr

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DigitalStorm82 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 12:13pm
ok, 1 down... couple more to go.. I'll let you know when im done researching :-)
Ma'Salama,
Hamid
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 12:10pm

Digital,

You'd also have to do that for the Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price and Doctrine and Covenants.  I do not rely solely on the Bible.  I'm Mormon.    But the Bible is corrupted, so how could you use the Bible to prove your point?    No disrespect meant.  I just find it amusing when I get told the Bible is a forgery and then have it used to prove a point.

I have read Surah Maryam.  I know what Islam teaches about Christ. 

Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 11:54am
What if I showed you quotes from the bible that states he's not son of God.. nor was he crucified..

or the errors in the bible?  will you believe then that Jesus was a messenger, and his divine book, unfortunately has been changed.  God couldn't make such statements, as they are in the bible.... If you wish I can post em here.
Ma'Salama,
Hamid
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 10:20am

Last Prophet of God being Muhammed Peace Be Upon Him

Christ not being the Son of God.

The denial of the Holy Ghost.

Those are just three of them, I could list many more.  There are others, most really have to do with the feel of things.  My faith teaches there are truths in all religions.  God has sent many Prophets with messages to many peoples. 

I've learned alot about Islam and there are things I really like, but those same things I find in my own faith.  I just don't have a burning testimony of Islam.  I can feel truth in it, but I feel truth in Judaism, Catholicism and Buddhism, too.

Truths that are Universal.  God Created Us, God Loves Us and by obeying God and being good people, we will return to him.

Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 9:51am
What kind of things?
Ma'Salama,
Hamid
Angela View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2006 at 7:39am

No, I have a deep faith in my own religion.  I highly respect Islam, but there are things I just don't believe.

I have a young friend from England who sent me these Dikhr.  I thought you'd all like them. 

ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2006 at 11:04pm
Originally posted by DigitalStorm82 DigitalStorm82 wrote:

Sister Angela are you muslim?If you are, alhumdulillah. Thanks for sharing.Just wondering... if you're not muslim... what is keeping you from being a muslim?

no she is mormon
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DigitalStorm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2006 at 10:03pm
Sister Angela are you muslim?

If you are, alhumdulillah. Thanks for sharing.

Just wondering... if you're not muslim... what is keeping you from being a muslim?
Ma'Salama,
Hamid
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic