IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Answers from the Christians  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Answers from the Christians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 12:20am

Neither do I but it's always there in ak_m_f's posts. He knows too much.

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 12:24am

By the way, Bible also has Science and Geometry.

It talks about the four corners of earth. That is how ancient Hebrews learnt how to draw squares, rectangles, rhombuses and trapezoids.

BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 12:43am

George,

From you:"About Adam:  Adam is called a son of God in the New Testament in the figurative sense.  He is not God; he is not God made flesh as you see noted in the Gospel of John, Chapter 1."

Adam was not God, not even a son of God but he was a word of God made into flesh. God wanted to create Adam. It means that Adam was in the mind of God. Anything in the mind of God is a word and a thought. The word comes true when it is created. You see, George, even you, all others and me were all words with God and God gave us life. We are thus the words of God come true.

For example, I intend to make a table. The word 'Table" is in my mind but the Table does not really exist. When the Table is finally fabricated and complete, I can say that my word came into being. Of course, the Table is not my son.

Now Adam's creation can be considered as a thing extremely major compared to the creation of Jesus without a father. If God created Adam witout any parents, the creation of Jesus was far simpler and easy for God.

Question: Was Adam called a son of God in the Jewish Tanakh or the OT?

From you: "Adam had to be made the way he was--no parents to help out, but Jesus did not.  Adam is now dust; Jesus is alive in heaven."

Whether Jesus is alive in heaven or turned to dust like Adam and others, no one really knows. Those who have left the world, have never returned back to report to us. That is all a conjecture. Even Jesus has never returned to show that he is alive and well in heaven. After his "reported resurrection", he still had a body. This is a fact which no one can deny! Mary clasped his feet and felt his body. The ever-doubting Thomas was made to touch and see for himself.

Jesus, thus cannot be an exception and he must have died again and turned into dust like the Patriarch and other prophets and men of God.

Now, please don't tell me he was lifted bodily into heavens. No man can leave the earth and go into Space without exploding into tiny pieces.

Edited by bmzsp
zulqarnain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulqarnain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 2:35am
Jesus's body is of course dust, but his soul was lifted up into the heavens befor he could endure the pain of crucifiction-he wasn't crucified. He was one of God's dearest prophets, he never wanted him to suffer that sort of pain. He will kill the Antichrist. For this, he is going to come back on Earth, and then die a normal death.
ak_m_f View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak_m_f Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 3:21am
Originally posted by zulqarnain zulqarnain wrote:

ak_m_f, I don't like the penguin you got there.
\

This is the third time someone has said something about my penguin
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 4:16am
Does your penguin show everbody's IP address individually to the poster or is it showing only my IP address to all?   
George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 7:34am

Originally posted by George George wrote:

Let me make one thing clear to the Christians about Jesus. We do accept him and give equal respect to him, but we do not worship him as he is not God or the son of God. Adam also didn't have parents, shouldn't he be a greater god/the son of god, than Jesus?

You are entitled to your opinion as Christians are entitled to their opinion.

About Adam:  Adam is called a son of God in the New Testament in the figurative sense.  He is not God; he is not God made flesh as you see noted in the Gospel of John, Chapter 1.

Adam had to be made the way he was--no parents to help out, but Jesus did not.  Adam is now dust; Jesus is alive in heaven.

You tell me which is hard to believe, Adam made out of clay/dust, without parents, or Jesus born without male intervention? If you look from the scientific view, i think the first one is utterly impossible.

It doesn't matter.  You have to ask yourself why Allah went outside of the already established way he provided people to have children when he caused Jesus' conception in the body of a woman without the help of a man.  There must have been something pretty special about that particular baby.

George View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote George Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 7:36am
Originally posted by bmzsp bmzsp wrote:

By the way, Bible also has Science and Geometry.

It talks about the four corners of earth. That is how ancient Hebrews learnt how to draw squares, rectangles, rhombuses and trapezoids.

It is a figure of expression.  The Bible clearly says that the earth is round or oval--can't remember which.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic