IslamiCity.org Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Religion - Islam > Interfaith Dialogue
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Answers from the Christians  What is Islam What is Islam  Donate Donate
  FAQ FAQ  Quran Search Quran Search  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Answers from the Christians

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dayem View Drop Down
Senior  Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 9:50am
salam,

Zulqarnain,what is the phone no. of Zakir naik?I didnt find it(in the site)......

thanx,
Day
"the mooslims! they're heeere!"
LOONWATCH.COM
zulqarnain View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulqarnain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 9:28am
Sheer narrow-mindedness You didn't read my answer carefully.
fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 9:22am

zul said - "In this context he says the "Rain" is a more appropriate translation." yes, of course he does.  i wonder why?   did anyone think it was rain before the nonsense of it was demonstrated?

for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
fredifreeloader View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fredifreeloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:58am
akmf - ive been looking at that diagram you posted, to see if i can find anything wrong with it.  but i cant see anything wrong with it, it seems very scriptural
for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulqarnain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:57am
Now what do you say fredi?
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulqarnain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:54am
Originally posted by fredifreeloader fredifreeloader wrote:

Originally posted by ak_m_f ak_m_f wrote:

Originally posted by fredifreeloader fredifreeloader wrote:

quran 22: 65, which says that it is allah who�is stopping�the sky falling on the earth?� is this supposed to be scientific?� how could the sky fall on the earth?

22:65 See you not that All�h has subjected to you (mankind) all that is on the earth, and the ships that sail through the sea by His Command? He withholds the heaven from falling on the earth except by His Leave. Verily, All�h is, for mankind, full of Kindness, Most Merciful. Main Entry: heav�en Pronunciation: 'he-v&n Function: noun Etymology: Middle English heven, from Old English heofon; akin to Old High German himil heaven 1 : the expanse of space that seems to be over the earth like a dome Maybe God is talking about Ozone layer?

[IMG]height=17 src="smileys/smiley36.gif" width=17>

well akmf, if its the ozone layer hes talking about, hes going to be out of a job soon the way things are going, as its disappearing fast, and therell soon be nothing to stop falling!

Let me tell you someting. Quranic Arabic is the purest from of Arabic. As it was passed to many Arab tribes in it times, the translators may have not translated some words right. For example in English language Americans spell foto, but british spell photo. Same with synonyms, same word having different meanings like shade.
Shade can means shade from the sun, or the colour shade etc. The word "heaven" in this verse is translated from the Arabic word "Samaa". According to Abdullah Yusuf Ali, the famous commentator, "Samaa" can have four meanings: 1.Something high, 2. A roof, a ceiling, 3.the canopy of heavens, 4. rain or cloud. In this context he says the "Rain" is a more appropriate translation.
Groupie
Groupie
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zulqarnain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:40am
Some muslims say he was lifted towards the heaven with the body, some say only the soul. But let us not discuss this little detail. You asked why did he just save Jesus?
The two main reasons that I know are that he is destined to kill the Antichrist. To kill him he would be sent down to this Earth. Secondly, according to our traditions, Jesus will also come towards the Christians to tell them that he never claimed to be God or the son of God.
BMZ View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:25am

That is a very interesting comment. I think what zulqarnain is saying is that God made Jesus unconscious by taking his soul away for a while and gave it back to him after hearing the plea:

"Eli, Eli. lama sabachtani."

How could God let him, the miraculously-born child, die, whom God created without a father. Quite possible. During the said six hours period, many things might have happened fast.

I think for the sake of discussions, there is no harm in assuming that.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic